(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Reveals New X/Y Details and Four New Pokemon! [5/11]

Oh my god I love that bird so much. It's precious.

I read the descriptions first and was like "please no, not a kung-fu panda." But I actually like the design; it's less overtly cute and cuddly and more dark and mischievous, which makes it all the more cute and cuddly. :p I like that it's chewing casually on a bamboo leaf. Still confused about the fighting typing though; maybe it will evolve into Dark/Fighting?

I'll be curious to find out what the inspiration for the lizard was. It looks like its head is some kind of dial?

CruelBear said:
I still want to see some Evolved Pokemon more than anything!

For all we know, Gogoat could be an evolved pokemon. I remember Gigalith being revealed fairly early, before its pre-evolutions.

It's too bad the Gogoat riding thing will probably just be an isolated event; if they let you ride your mountable pokemon all the time as an alternative to biking? Droooool

NoDice said:
EDIT @ Fennex: I believe Sawsbuck was the first Pokemon with a secondary Normal type.

No, Deerling and Sawsbuck are both Normal/Grass. It's already rare that a secondary type other than Flying is added to a Normal type, but it's unique to add a Normal type as a secondary type.

As Elikiteru is said to soak up the sun's rays to generate electricity, I can think of an alternate forme in sunlight, maybe with a different secondary type; or an Electric / Fire? evolution. Anyhow it seems odd that it is not Normal/Electric but the other way around.

Probably totally wrong, but I feel like if gogoat is the only pokemon you can ride on, it will either be borrowed for some type of mini game, or everyone will have it as a gift pokemon or something like Zorua in BW2

Overall, I'm very pleased with what has been leaked. I absolutely adore the panda. The bird, I was kind of "meh" on, but I can definitely see the potential for some rad evolutions. Especially if it turns out to be a fire type. That would be astounding, and a first! :D I think the idea and overall conceptual design of the goat is neat, and, provided that it's not a stand alone Pokemon, could definitely see me using it. The electric lizard has a goofy design, and I think it's cute. Interesting that they would make an electric lizard. I agree with the others that we were overdue for a panda. Spinda, I don't even count as a panda. I was hoping that we would finally get a panda Pokemon, and I am not displeased, whatsoever. I can definitely see the possibilities for its evolutions, and eagerly await them, whether it be just one, or two. Tho it looks small, so we are probably going to see it evolve twice. Tho one could argue that Cubchoo is also small, and only evolves once into Beartic.

I'm glad that they finally gave us the name and aesthetic of the region. I knew it was going to be based on France. The only curiosity I have is that in the original trailer, it showed a desert city, and, to my knowledge, France doesn't have arid regions like that. It was different with Unova, as it was based on the United States, primarily, NYC, because we have deserts in Nevada, California, and Arizona. However, I eagerly await to be told what the English name of the region is. :)

I think it's absolutely fantastic that they are allowing us to customize out characters hair, skin, and eye color. That is just absolutely amazing, and very much so overdue.

I'm glad that Game Freak is really stepping up a notch with this generation. Overall, the fans seem very happy and pleased with what they've released so far, save Newtwo. Even that, tho, is something that, I'm sure, in time, the fans will get used to. I'm definitely happy that Game Freak is bringing us back to our roots, so to speak, with this generation. This generation reminds me of 2. I just hope it's as good. They've really come back from the somewhat heart breaker that Black and White turned out to be.

I really love the new pokemon.

It's great that Gamefreak are returning to more 'natural' pokemon with simplistic designs like we had in Gens 1-3. The region is more square-ish and looks less linear too. It's full of diverse mountain and grassland areas, which is cool.

Come on WPM, when can we expect this info you have been hiding on us? At least give an approximate time so we know when to check back!!

Gogoat and Yancham look awesome. Yayakoma and Elikiteru are both okay. The bird seems out of place for some reason.

No words can describe how excited my brother and I were when we read that you can customize your character. I just wish you could customize the clothes too.

Lastly, the box art seems weird but when I get a closer higher-quality picture it'll probably look better.

My opinion:
Froakie - B
Fennekin - A
Chespin - A-
Yveltal - A+
Xerneas - A

Sylveon - C+

Newtwo - A-

Goat - B-
Lizard - A-
Robin - A
Panda - A+

On a side note, did anyone realize that the outfits that the player characters are wearing resemble Japanese school uniforms?
What with the pleated skirt, knee highs, and dress shoes for the girl, and the coat/pants/dress shoes ensemble for the boy?

Phoenix EX said:
My opinion:
Froakie - B
Fennekin - A
Chespin - A-
Yveltal - A+
Xerneas - A

Sylveon - C+

Newtwo - A-

Goat - B-
Lizard - A-
Robin - A
Panda - A+

My turn!

Chespin- A+
Fennekin- A+
Froakie- B+
Xerneas- A+
Yveltal- A
Sylveon- A+

Newtwo- A

Panda- A
Lizard- B-
Goat- A
Bird- B+

SkyeVictini said:
Phoenix EX said:
My opinion:
Froakie - B
Fennekin - A
Chespin - A-
Yveltal - A+
Xerneas - A

Sylveon - C+

Newtwo - A-

Goat - B-
Lizard - A-
Robin - A
Panda - A+

My turn!

Chespin- A+
Fennekin- A+
Froakie- B+
Xerneas- A+
Yveltal- A
Sylveon- A+

Newtwo- A

Panda- A
Lizard- B-
Goat- A
Bird- B+

I'm next

Chespin- B+
Fennekin-A
Froakie-B+
Yveltal-A
Xerenas-B+
Sylveon-B
Mewtwo Awakened Form- C

I did the other ones in an earlier post.

Reggie McGigas said:
SkyeVictini said:
My turn!

Chespin- A+
Fennekin- A+
Froakie- B+
Xerneas- A+
Yveltal- A
Sylveon- A+

Newtwo- A

Panda- A
Lizard- B-
Goat- A
Bird- B+

I'm next

Chespin- B+
Fennekin-A
Froakie-B+
Yveltal-A
Xerenas-B+
Sylveon-B
Mewtwo Awakened Form- C

I did the other ones in an earlier post.
Fourth time is the charm!

Chespin:B
Fennekin:A+
Froakie:B+

Yveltal:A+
Xerneas:A-
Sylveon:B-
Newtwo:B+

Gogoat:A-
Robin:A
Panda:A+
Lizard:B-

I wonder how the French will answer to Pokémons flattery? (I mean, the entire region is based of France!)

Phoenix EX said:
Hopefully Pokemon USA releases their English names soon...I'm sure they will.

Yeah, probably next Saturday when Pokemon Smash airs. TPCI revealed Sylveon during that timeframe.

Starboard Driger said:
Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokemon, can jump up to the height of a three-story building.

Seriously? We're doing this again?

Yeah, we need a comic where several dozen Froakie in a colony are jumping at the same time, three-stories each.

Other reactions:

Being able to ride on Gogoat, coolness. Anything that channels Ranger 2 is good. :D
Elikiteru is Electric/Normal. Huh.
Sugimori art for the male character seems... different.
Watch things on the characters' arms! :D

Chespin C+
Fennekin A
Froakie B+

Yveltal A+
Xerneas A+

Sylveon C+

Newtwo D-

Gogoat C-
Robin A+
Panda A
Lizard B

(I'm the only one who puts something less than B-)

I guess I should do one too. Peer pressure and conformity, and whatnot.

Chespin: A
Fennekin: A+
Froakie: B

Xerneas: A+
Yveltal: A

Sylveon: A-

Newtwo: B-

Lizard: B+
Robin: B+
Goat: A
Panda: A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chespin: A+