‘Pokken Tournament’ Announced! [8/26]

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Oops, forgot to make the thread. Discuss!

http://pokebeach.com/2014/08/pokken-fighters-announced

xGallade said:
I have two concerns:

Will this game make it to North America?
For which consoles?
Why not? o_O what's the sense of making a Pokémon game for Japan only? I think it isn't possible.

RealSlim said:
xGallade said:
I have two concerns:

For which consoles?
Why not? o_O what's the sense of making a Pokémon game for Japan only? I think it isn't possible.

>Battrio
>That other Arcade game we never got
>Green
>TCG 2

I rest my case.

According to Serebii they implied that a non-arcade release will come later. Wii U please!!! BTW I'm pretty sure the Pokken Tournament trademark reached US too, so that means its not only in Japan.

xGallade said:
I have two concerns:

For which consoles?

Arcades aren't really big here. Plus the English site hasn't mentioned anything yet like they usually do nowadays, either meaning the game is too far off or it's just not coming here.

The English Pokémon Facebook page just announced it (for Japan).
EDIT: Also on the English Youtube page.

Im not extremely hyped for Pokenn Tournament, never was a big fan of fighting games. I would be indifferent about if it did or didnt come to America (although im sure it will)

Im hearing that its coming to arcades first, though? One big difference from Japan to America is that arcades are actually prominent there, theyre a large past time, and arcades have many locations. Obviously in America, you will almost only ever find an arcade inside of a bowling alley or movie theater or some kids restaurant. Other than that, no one here spends time in arcades. That being said, I could at least see why it may not make it to America.

Although if it has an arcade-like setup, then this ruins my idea of it maybe having some kind of adventure/story mode. Strictly fighting would be pretty boring for me. Im sure for a wii U release they would tweak it up somehow though.

Victorsaurus said:
The English Pokémon Facebook page just announced it (for Japan).

And Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/504260670234165248

And YouTube: http://t.co/mqOEPuOW3h

That's... odd.

Reshiwott said:
RealSlim said:

>Battrio
>Green
>TCG 2

I rest my case.
Ooooh sure, why not compare Pokémon Green (the first game ever) or TCG2 (and the other prehistorical games) with a game that will be released after 20 years of super-success for this international brand? MEH.

Plus: the brand Pokkén Tournament has been trademarked here in Europe.

RealSlim said:
Reshiwott said:
>Battrio
>Green
>TCG 2

I rest my case.
Ooooh sure, why not compare Pokémon Green (the first game ever) or TCG2 (and the other prehistorical games) with a game that will be released after 20 years of super-success for this international brand? MEH.

Well, we didn't get Mystery Dungeon WiiWare or the My Pokemon Ranch update. :p

Chill. Tekken games always come to the arcade before their console release, no? If the Tekken team is making this, it's bound to come to console.

Chariblaze said:
RealSlim said:

Well, we didn't get Mystery Dungeon WiiWare or the My Pokemon Ranch update. :p
Oh, we've lost the "My Pokémon Ranch" update... that's why everyone was crying! :D no, I think that if they develope a game like this (I mean, with this graphic and all), they will release it everywere.

Never have I felt this sudden rush of excitement followed by crushing disappointment.
I was really hoping this would be on Wii U from the start.

Oh my, that's a real let down. Message to Nintendo let them know if they want to sell Wii Us then they need to make a main Pokemon game for it.

I was really hoping for a unique and interesting Pokemon fighting game. That would have been fun and cool to release on consoles. It would have been a great gateway into more adept fighting games if wasn't going to be terribly competitive.

But alas here is a fancy Tekken skin. I thought they were gonna be a bit daring and venture into new territory for a moment.

It's really disappointing... I hoped for a main Pokémon game on Wii U... and they showed us this arcade game...
Plus... a fighting game?? Uhm... there will be only fighting types Pokémon?

Sincerly I hope they will released it for Wii U and Steam...

Back