‘Pokken Tournament’ Announced! [8/26]

Windwhip said:
GODZILLA said:
Will it only be limited to Fighting types?

Er, did you read the last comment. Some guy (part of the Pokken project) said no, its not limited to Fighting-type.

Just read it now. That's great to hear. My guess is that only Pokemon that can punch and kick will make it in. I am looking forward to seeing Blaziken in action!

Might this be one step closer to a general Pokemon "fighting" game, like that old Stadium-esque game. The name eludes me.

TreIII said:
Retro_on_theGo said:
You can tweet the game's official twitter @pokken_official with the hashtag #ポッ拳 to let them know what Pokemon you would like to see in the game. They asked fans to tell them who they want to see. :D Make sure you guys add Heracross, Hawlucha, and especially Hitmontop in addition to who ever you really want to see! ;)

You should also follow the game's producer @Harada_Tekken. He may be willing to let a few details get out there.

Like a few minutes ago:

Guys, Don't worry about that.
It's not only Fighting-type
RT@Joshawott Will Pokkén Tournament's cast be limited to Fighting-type Pokémon or
- https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/504671535391465472

Wow, you're not kidding. Following him now.

He also confirmed there will be no High/Mid/Low guards. Which kind of sucks depending on the fighting games you're used to. I'm guessing they'll go the MK way of blocking though, which really sucks for me since I don't like the idea of having to hold a button to block.

But he also also confirmed NON-HUMANOID POKEMON WILL BE IN THIS GAME! He said it shouldn't be a problem to include them and he responded to a fan asking for Sylveon. Get those requests in to Harada (He's at the head of the project, Tekken series producer)!

Well if i had to take a guesstimate, Machamp will most likely get a mega evolution in OmegaR/AlphaS. If you look at the end, lucario mega evolved. If you remember last year (if am not mistaken), there was a picture of both Blazinken and Lucario and both of them has mega evolution. As usual, in an arcade game, there is always a way to power up to the ultimate form. If Machamp isn't getting a Mega, then what in the world would his powered up form be?

So all in all, I believe that Machamp will be getting one.

Retro_on_theGo said:
Wow, you're not kidding. Following him now.

He also confirmed there will be no High/Mid/Low guards. Which kind of sucks depending on the fighting games you're used to. I'm guessing they'll go the MK way of blocking though, which really sucks for me since I don't like the idea of having to hold a button to block.

Since the producer for the Soulcalibur series (which also has a block button) is involved as a project lead? It's very possible that this game may use it, too.

But if I were a betting man? I'd bet that they were going to go with something closer to how Smash handles such a thing. Smash has no traditional "High/Low" game, either. And its Block/Shield Button is a more apt solution, because it's the best defensive measure you can have, considering you can be attacked from, literally, any possible, angle.

If this really is going to be a game that's going to heavily cite what kinds of things these characters can really do (especially from the anime, considering Lucario's Bone Rush looks like it cites that version)? Then it might make more sense to use a Block Button. After all, we're already seeing Lucario doing Dive Kicks. What more could be expected if we start seeing Pokémon who could bust out some of the meanest teleport mix-ups this side of Mortal Kombat? :D

One word: SNORLAX !

If this game ends up not using the type match-ups then Snorlax will be the last boss or the best fighter of all! U_U

PS: I would like to see Chesnaught!

Tash said:
But he also also confirmed NON-HUMANOID POKEMON WILL BE IN THIS GAME!
Come now, did you really believe that Pikachu wouldn't be playable?

Darn.

...so Harada just confirmed non-fully evolved Pokemon will be in this. Ow wow they're seriously putting in Pikachu....

Machamp and Lucario both look really good, but pikachu can not look good in this game.

I think Rhyperior, Genesect, and Gallade all must be in this game.

My hopes for the roster are as follows:

-Scizor (And while we're at it, give us Heracross!)

-The Hitmons(Any of them is fine)

-Electivire and Magmortar. Can't have one without the other!(Unless we're talking about Dragon's Exalted, mumble mumble)

-Dragonite (To make the roster in sync with the Furious Fists trailer!)

-At least 1 more starter(Probably Greninja)

-Flygon or Garchomp

-Toxicroak

-Lilligant(Hey, the roster has to have some kind of femenine selection, right?)

-Pretty much any Legendary that walks erectly on 2 feet(Mewtwo, Deoxys, Meloetta)

Leaf_Ranger said:
One word: SNORLAX !

If this game ends up not using the type match-ups then Snorlax will be the last boss or the best fighter of all! U_U

PS: I would like to see Chesnaught!

The boss will probably be a Legendary, i.e. Mewtwo, Genesect,

TreIII said:
Since the producer for the Soulcalibur series (which also has a block button) is involved as a project lead? It's very possible that this game may use it, too.

Harada is the producer of Tekken, not Soul Calibur.

I would like to see Hawlucha, Mienshao, Zoroark, and Greninja... And Sylveon, since quads are possible, ;w; Though Ditto would be interesting!

Back