‘CoroCoro’ Revealing Updated Character Designs, Contest Pikachu [7/11]

Screw you pikachu....Lol I still can't stand the little thing thx Ashnoob, it does look adorable though.
Brawly didn't stand out at all in the past now he looks plain awesome....DAD NORMAN!!!, Sidney looks beast can't wait to see Drake.
And yea fingers crossed for trainer customisation and battle frontier.
Damn if pokemon would follow you this would be the perfect pokemon game ;_;

cardgjammer said:
Blob55 said:
Who's that one guy with the Makuhita?
WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO BRAWLY?!

5th gen had dress-up.

That doesn't even make any sense, as gambling is completely legal here in the UK. Why do they have to drag us down with Europe? :/ Also, I REALLY suck at Minesweeper. I get killed on my first go. Every time.

...But 5th gen had no Contests at all. It was replaced by Musical, which has no attack rounds that both types of Contests have, as well as no meaningful rewards that Contests possess, so 5th gen dress-up does not count in my book...

...And when I mentioned EU's ban, I mean PEGI, the EU's own ratings board, the one that banned gambling in KIDS games(meaning auto-18 rating if a game includes gambling features)...

But the dressing up was better in 5th gen anyway...

Oh, I see what you mean then. I forgot gambling had an age limit.

Aye everyone forget Flannery and check out Roxanne's beautiful new design. Yeah! Brawly looks incredible. I'm really digging his redesign, it's awesome.
The GBA Pokedex is awesome. Such a neat little reference. I love the costumes for pikachu too. Too adorable. Hope his means every pokemon can be dressed up!

Retro_on_theGo said:
Aye everyone forget Flannery and check out Roxanne's beautiful new design. Yeah! Brawly looks incredible. I'm really digging his redesign, it's awesome.
The GBA Pokedex is awesome. Such a neat little reference. I love the costumes for pikachu too. Too adorable. Hope his means every pokemon can be dressed up!

I want to give my Pangoro a nice and pink dress :D

Man, it's probably just me but I think a lot of the redesigned characters just have eyes that look weird as heck. Really really turns me off on a lot of them, sadly. They just look too creepy and off-putting.

But the PokeDex being a GBA shape is really really awesome. Very fitting.

dmaster out.

Teal said:
Blob55 said:
WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO BRAWLY?!
They made his design better. Always thought the old one didn't look like a Fighting type gym-leader.

And yet it was fitting of his surf hooby! The new Brawly looks like a mix between Marlon and the new Rock Leader from XY.
New skin tone is right and fits, but that ridiculous stance? No.

My guess for the Pikachu forms/dress ups is that each one is suited to each type of Contest, and will do better in that kind.

Coolness: Masked Pikachu
Beauty: Madam Pikachu
Cuteness: Idol Pikachu
Smartness: Doctor Pikachu
Toughness: Hard Rock Pikachu

Or something like that :p

The way Pikachu is dressed up is reference to the different kinds of contests.
Cool - Hard Rock Pika
Beauty - Madame Pika
Cute - Idol Pika
Smart - Doctor Pika
Tough - Masked Pika

Roxanne was looking good until they revelead that skirt! Seriously, she now seems like the young hot teacher the kids wanna look and stare under her skirt -"Ups, I dropped my chalk!!" and then she bows down to the amusement of the whole class! :rolleyes::shy:
Flannery looks nice, more like the new and rookie leader she's supposed to be, Norman seems fine, and Wattson just looks like he can have a double personality looking like Dr. Robotnik/Eggman from the Sonic series. Btw, a jumpsuit right after Clemont? Yeah, that' really original. Sure, they're both inventors but they look like grandpa and grandson.

As for the E4...did Phoebe really had to been doing that twist/spinning/whatever? The worse is in fact Sydney that now seems like some low life guy from the Yakuza or perhaps had some stroke that left his face looking like it was trampled...oh yeah, he also reminds me of some lousy clown without wearing make-up. OR, he's Two-Face from Batman but in Pokémon!

I just like the fact that the new Pkdex looks like a GB Advance. As for Birch...he keeps being the same peaceful giant with a good heart but goofy!

The Pikachu!? Yeah, it's something coming from Japan!

^ Roxanne had a skirt before too you know. It's just bigger this time around. And Sidney is supposed to be the dark type elite four, so a thug from Yakuza kinda fits, lol.

Tatertot said:
My guess for the Pikachu forms/dress ups is that each one is suited to each type of Contest, and will do better in that kind.

Coolness: Masked Pikachu
Beauty: Madam Pikachu
Cuteness: Idol Pikachu
Smartness: Doctor Pikachu
Toughness: Hard Rock Pikachu

Or something like that :p

I was thinking the same thing, but switched Masked for Tough contests, and Hard Rock for Cool due to the colors of the outfits matching the color of the contests.

Retro_on_theGo said:
^ Roxanne had a skirt before too you know. It's just bigger this time around. And Sidney is supposed to be the dark type elite four, so a thug from Yakuza kinda fits, lol.

Yes I know but now she just seems to be playing with it, having put it to the front. She just seems like she's saying: "You can take one quick peak but only ONE or I'll punish you rock hard (pun intended)!"
As for Sydney, talk about cliches. In his PokéNav description he seems like the guy that no one would thing would've come far because they would look down upon him and now he just looks like some mean guy, just because of his favorite type. Now his description looks like it might be: "I used to stole kids' lunch money. Ehe!"

So basically the characters became a bit more kawaii, except for Sidney, I can't believe he lost his bae status...

Leaf_Ranger said:
Retro_on_theGo said:

Yes I know but now she just seems to be playing with it, having put it to the front. She just seems like she's saying: "You can take one quick peak but only ONE or I'll punish you rock hard (pun intended)!"
As for Sydney, talk about cliches. In his PokéNav description he seems like the guy that no one would thing would've come far because they would look down upon him and now he just looks like some mean guy, just because of his favorite type. Now his description looks like it might be: "I used to stole kids' lunch money. Ehe!"

Like a street rat? He don't buy that!

Can't really complain about any the Gym/E4 leader redesigns except for Sydney. They tried way too hard to make him seem like a dark and edgy kinda guy, but that might just be because of the pose, I'm sure he'll look better standing up like a normal person. Brawly looks SO much better, the old one was bland as hell, this one actually seems to have some personality! I'm super excited to see the rest of the Gym/E4 leaders.

I actually like the new Pikachu outfits, especially the Hard Rock (my favorite) and the doctor one. Might give me a reason not to evolve it. I also like how they used the female Pikachu instead of the all-too-common male ones, just a little detail that really spices things up. However, I don't think there will be "gender exclusive" outfits. It also seems that Mon Aime came back, something I really liked.

Also, since each Pikachu corresponds with a different contest type (hint: look at the colors), maybe each one would be a prize for ranking the highest in that contest. Ex.:top rank in cool gets you Hard Rock, top rank in smart gets you Doctor/mad scientist, etc.

Wow huge chunks of info! I like the Gym Leaders' artworks, especially Brawly. His previous artwork was the most boring personality I ever seen. Sidney's personality seems so evil and creepy, I really don't like it. However, I love Phoebe! Her dancing artwork is so BEAUTIFUL.

Too many Pikachu pictures...

*DISLIKE*

yammark said:
I love all of new artwork . Re-design make all of them looks better . Except Phoebe(elite 4), her design is still the same , same cloth,same color . Why Phoebe didn't get the Re-Design .

To be honest, she doesn't need one. She has a rocking dress and she really shines even though it has nothing to do with her type. I love her new artwork.

Back