‘CoroCoro’ Revealing Updated Character Designs, Contest Pikachu [7/11]

I like the new gym leader and elite 4 artworks, but I think Sidney looks a little bid creepy.
I also like that the Pokedex has expanded to include more Pokemon :D

Also why is all the Pikachu artworks showing female Pikachu? I understand why some of them like Madame and Idol Pikachu, but the Hard Rock and Masked costumes looks like something more boyish

Idol Pikachu kinda reminds me of Honey Boo Boo in some strange way...

Seriously? oO

In my opinion the character designs become more and more mainstream...

Each character had its unique style back then. When I look at the characters now every single one represents an "anime-clichee character" (the cute one, the nerd, etc...) and are also drawn to appeal to a younger audience. Imo there´s not much left of the original art style, which is a shame =/

(also poor Flannery...)

They're all so cute! The scientist is adorable! But, as steffenka said, it's curious that they're all female. Is it because everybody prefers male Pikachu and now they want to spice up the female? Or will there be male-exclusive designs, too?

I hope that if this involves contests 'n stuff that we'll be able to dress up ALL the starters. Imagine a Piplup in a little tutu!

Could this be the return of the dress-up feature that appeared via Super Contests? Last time a format like this occurred, it was 4th Gen(D/Pe/Pt)...

Now, there appears to be a sign that, after a 6 year absence, Super Contests are due to appear in the 3rd Gen remakes... Talk about 4th Gen features appearing in the Hoenn region's remake versions as a hint that the old model is too outdated to TPCi, especially after the EU banned gambling in games, meaning no more Game Corner in any EU region game(or, in HGSS's case, non-Japanese region games). And we don't know what the resulting replacement of Mauville Game Corner will look like...Hope it's not another Voltorb Flip... :(

^ The above may only be the beginning of TPCi looking at the EU case, and working on that and other changes to key game aspects, even those that don't correlate to Mauville Game Corner, and seeing if those aspects need to be changed to make the aspect better and/or give it an update that will enhance that same game aspect.... If what I'm seeing is true, then at least in TPCi's mind, D/Pe/Pt may have something better, in contest terms, than the same contests in R/S/E...

Gym leaders look really cool, not sure what I think about Dusknoir though.
The Pikachu costumes look really cool. Hopefully that's just for contests though. But if it is for contests, does that mean we can't make our own costumes? I was also hoping for Pokémon-Amie to skedaddle but whatever.

Who's that one guy with the Makuhita?
WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO BRAWLY?!

cardgjammer said:
Could this be the return of the dress-up feature that appeared via Super Contests? Last time a format like this occurred, it was 4th Gen(D/Pe/Pt)...

5th gen had dress-up.

cardgjammer said:
the Hoenn region's remake versions as a hint that the old model is too outdated to TPCi, especially after the EU banned gambling in games, meaning no more Game Corner in any EU region game(or, in HGSS's case, non-Japanese region games). And we don't know what the resulting replacement of Mauville Game Corner will look like...Hope it's not another Voltorb Flip... :(

That doesn't even make any sense, as gambling is completely legal here in the UK. Why do they have to drag us down with Europe? :/ Also, I REALLY suck at Minesweeper. I get killed on my first go. Every time.

Blob55 said:
They made his design better. Always thought the old one didn't look like a Fighting type gym-leader.

I was an analyzing the new character designs, and I must admit I like how they haven't changed drastically. Lots of nostalgia from those GBA sprites. I like the more refined looks. Digging the redesign of Brawley
As I was looking at Sidney's design... I noticed something... could that be his Mega Ring? I highlighted Stevens's Brooch, and it looks similar to Sidney's ring. Mega Shiftry confirmed???
file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/ORAS.png

Bapozos said:
I was an analyzing the new character designs, and I must admit I like how they haven't changed drastically. Lots of nostalgia from those GBA sprites. I like the more refined looks. Digging the redesign of Brawley
As I was looking at Sidney's design... I noticed something... could that be his Mega Ring? I highlighted Stevens's Brooch, and it looks similar to Sidney's ring. Mega Shiftry confirmed???
file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/ORAS.png

Yea I noticed that as well

Then I thought maybe all the Elite 4 have a Mega, but I can't find Phoebe's mega stone

I love all of new artwork . Re-design make all of them looks better . Except Phoebe(elite 4), her design is still the same , same cloth,same color . Why Phoebe didn't get the Re-Design .

Teal said:
Blob55 said:
They made his design better. Always thought the old one didn't look like a Fighting type gym-leader.

Yeah, he looks better, but he doesn't even look like Brawly now. I don't like that now we have to be told who's Brawly and who's Shelly, instead of knowing right away. There's re-designs, then there's completely different looking characters.

Blob55 said:
Who's that one guy with the Makuhita?

cardgjammer said:

5th gen had dress-up.

cardgjammer said:
the Hoenn region's remake versions as a hint that the old model is too outdated to TPCi, especially after the EU banned gambling in games, meaning no more Game Corner in any EU region game(or, in HGSS's case, non-Japanese region games). And we don't know what the resulting replacement of Mauville Game Corner will look like...Hope it's not another Voltorb Flip... :(

That doesn't even make any sense, as gambling is completely legal here in the UK. Why do they have to drag us down with Europe? :/ Also, I REALLY suck at Minesweeper. I get killed on my first go. Every time.

...But 5th gen had no Contests at all. It was replaced by Musical, which has no attack rounds that both types of Contests have, as well as no meaningful rewards that Contests possess, so 5th gen dress-up does not count in my book...

...And when I mentioned EU's ban, I mean PEGI, the EU's own ratings board, the one that banned gambling in KIDS games(meaning auto-18 rating if a game includes gambling features)...

Blob55 said:
Teal said:

Yeah, he looks better, but he doesn't even look like Brawly now. I don't like that now we have to be told who's Brawly and who's Shelly, instead of knowing right away. There's re-designs, then there's completely different looking characters.

I guess the blue hair, makuhita, fighting genre, blue shorts, and orange shirt didn't give it away huh? I mean shelly doesn't look much like the old shelly but brawly looks about the same

The tip of the females Pika tails are black so maybe it will be an event Pokémon like Notched-ear Pichu/Spikey eared Pichu.

yammark said:
I love all of new artwork . Re-design make all of them looks better . Except Phoebe(elite 4), her design is still the same , same cloth,same color . Why Phoebe didn't get the Re-Design .

Hey, she did dye her hair!!!
Haha but yeah, I'm slightly disappointed in the lack of re-design in her sprite. She is from an island of abnormalities no? Why not go for a more "witch-doctor" look... I don't know... something different at least. Glad to know we still have a ghost E4.

So if Pokemon Amie comes back, trainer customization might yeah?

Hope so.. I'd prefer TC over Amie anyday.

Back