'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

LightYearLiam

There's really no way around it. Either they release strong single prizers that can catch up somewhat with Rule Box, or evidently just ignore the problem and keep releasing stronger Rule Box everytime.

This is completely how I see it. The only way to make broken cards not broken, short of banning them (which I doubt The Pokemon Company is willing to do), is to release so many "broken" cards that the formerly broken cards aren't broken anymore. :p

With that being said, I really wish this card was stronger. But I guess it could be worse.

Rowlett

Aspiring Trainer
"...if certain conditions are met." "...under specific conditions."

The return of Ultra Beast?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • G. Runerigus - There might be some VMAXs out there that can thin out the damage output like Blaziken VMAX who can do 130, that will KO Runerigus. Even with the Chestplate that can give extra 30 HP, VMax can still do less damage to troll you, and use Mallow & Lana right after post-rotation. Atk sucks though. 3-4
  • Swoobat - If we ever get Judge, and an ability that even out the both player's hand size, 110 for one Psychic is cheesy to deal with. Spammable factor is a problem tho. We have Marnie, although I know I motivate someone to use Draw cards every turn, yes, to keep up the speed and consistency. One day, you will ran out of Marnie and that extra card you get for Marnie might not be usable. 3 Geodudes. for Woobat,use the spread one.

The Fish

0.o
Sigilyph GX is back! But Runerigus happens to have 120hp, meaning Urshifu RS can KO it anyway...

Also more Swoobat/Woobat love yaaaaaaaaay

SoFarSoGood

Porygon enthraller, and enthusiast
if the Runerigus is hit for more than it's HP total, does the ability hit back for 120 HP (or remaining HP), or the attacks complete damage?

SoFarSoGood

Porygon enthraller, and enthusiast
The attack's complete damage, same as Sigilyph.
Thank you for answering

Want to now see what the highest counter damage possible is.

Largest Grass attack with x4 weakness ability active, Giant bomb equipped to Runerigus . Maybe there are ways of making it bigger, say SM promo Lurantis etc?

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
This is completely how I see it. The only way to make broken cards not broken, short of banning them (which I doubt The Pokemon Company is willing to do), is to release so many "broken" cards that the formerly broken cards aren't broken anymore. :p

With that being said, I really wish this card was stronger. But I guess it could be worse.
And then we have power creep. A solution I've been hearing is actually releasing strong single prizers, but slightly underpowered (like this G. Sirfetch'd), but then also slowly reducing the power level of new Rule Box, maybe perhaps even stop releasing them at all.

Not an instant solution because the strong cards would still be strong, but once they rotate out of standard, then the balancing act can resume.

Tough luck for Expanded in this case, though.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
What's with creatures and being stingy with making certain regional forms into 2-prizers? They did it with alolan dugtrio and he never got a GX, I'm going to be genuinely upset if it's happening again. Just give Runerigus a V, yoy dumbasses.

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
Thundurus has some potential in decks like the new Tapu Koko VMAX, and Volcarona seems pretty cool but i'm sad it can't one-shot a Crobat without a Vitality Band and its really unlikely for it to see any play.

I'm still waiting for Single Strike Swinub :(