'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
This Delibird has not only cute art but also neat attack,but probably the best Delibirds are Guardian Rising and Lost Thunder

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Delibird - why are still seeing bland cards from this set lately? At least it can do in some hit and run decks baiting for like Lillie's Poke Doll, or Cursola, or whatever. Decks like this see no play. Why do I bother? 3-4

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
  • Delibird - why are still seeing bland cards from this set lately? At least it can do in some hit and run decks baiting for like Lillie's Poke Doll, or Cursola, or whatever. Decks like this see no play. Why do I bother? 3-4
This isn't a bland card at all. It's a very unique effect that is actually a very useful tool for control, which absolutely sees play and success.

LightYearLiam

I like it! A creative effect that fits the theme of Delibird. Probably not top meta or anything, but seems at least vaguely usable.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This art looks like you'd see it right at home in an e-series set. For that, I love it.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
How and why is this useful, specifically?
Right now control has quite a few tools to work with, but every single one of those tools is C block or D block. This is the first thing that can actually be used in control decks from E block. We have no idea what control will look like then, but this may end up being the best way to search for cards.

ShinyMimikyu

Aspiring Trainer
Right now control has quite a few tools to work with, but every single one of those tools is C block or D block. This is the first thing that can actually be used in control decks from E block. We have no idea what control will look like then, but this may end up being the best way to search for cards.

You stated that this card is a "useful tool," mentioned nothing about rotation. Mentioned nothing about the future. I'm asking you to clarify what makes this card good. Give me two specific matchup scenarios where this card is a useful tool so I know you're not talking out of your ___.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
You stated that this card is a "useful tool," mentioned nothing about rotation. Mentioned nothing about the future. I'm asking you to clarify what makes this card good. Give me two specific matchup scenarios where this card is a useful tool so I know you're not talking out of your ___.
This card can get you whatever you want and let you promote a wall like Altaria. If you want scenarios, I could list 58 of them.
Search your deck for Lysandre for next turn and promote a wall.
Search your deck for Yell Horn for next turn and promote a wall.
Search your deck for Aipom for next turn and promote a wall.
Search your deck for Air Balloon for next turn and promote a wall.
Search your deck for literally any card that you need the next turn and promote a wall.
Control is not an archetype that has a set strategy, if it did it's called a lock, stall, or mill deck. The control archetype exists as a collection of tools available to deck builders to deal with meta decks. Control doesn't rotate like Pikarom, Eternatus, Centiskorch, every other deck will, a control deck is just a deck that wins the game by completely preventing your opponent from winning. Delibird is a new tool that control players can play just like Pawniard, Munchlax, Yell Horn, Capture Energy, etc.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Wait.....these are really good??? Seviper kills pretty much 70% of EXes, crobat V and dedenne GX, and Zangoose does 80 damage to 2 of your opponent's benched Vs. Huh..

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Wait.....these are really good??? Seviper kills pretty much 70% of EXes, crobat V and dedenne GX, and Zangoose does 80 damage to 2 of your opponent's benched Vs. Huh..

Like FireLizard said, though... these attack costs are rough.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Seviper/Zangoose - awesome attacks but how will you T1 this, eh? Seviper has Houndoom. But if you run 2 Houndoom in play to accel to a single-prized mon, well things went wrong. Again, if you set this up turn 1 with Karen as a SS Supporter basis, you can basically OHKO anything. On Zangoose, we have RSE but its RSE. Once you use RSE on it manually, that's you're energy for the turn. 3-4/3-4 Once again, why I keep seeing bland cards lately

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Actually both cards look like decent additions to their respective decks. I can see Seviper in a non-V Urshifu list as a 2-off card since you are already using Houndoom to accelerate Single Strike Energy and you are most likely also using Bruno and a 1-off Karen's Conviction. While Seviper does not do much for Urshifu Vmax it is a solid card for Urshifu non-V. Zangoose can be a decent addition to various Rengeki decks. Blaziken Vmax provides acceleration and Urshifu Vmax combined with Inteleon fit the bench damage theme. I can see this card as a 1-off in most Rengeki lists because at present the only viable Rengeki supporter is Korrina's Motivation. Another option would be a rengeki deck based on Mustard to activate Zangoose and bench either Urshifu Vmax or Inteleon from the discard pile.