'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Nov 24, 2020.

1. LightYearLiam Avatar by ShadowLifeman
    LightYearLiam

This is completely how I see it. The only way to make broken cards not broken, short of banning them (which I doubt The Pokemon Company is willing to do), is to release so many "broken" cards that the formerly broken cards aren't broken anymore. :p

With that being said, I really wish this card was stronger. But I guess it could be worse.

2. Rowlett Aspiring Trainer
    Rowlett

"...if certain conditions are met." "...under specific conditions."

The return of Ultra Beast?

3. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• G. Runerigus - There might be some VMAXs out there that can thin out the damage output like Blaziken VMAX who can do 130, that will KO Runerigus. Even with the Chestplate that can give extra 30 HP, VMax can still do less damage to troll you, and use Mallow & Lana right after post-rotation. Atk sucks though. 3-4
    • Swoobat - If we ever get Judge, and an ability that even out the both player's hand size, 110 for one Psychic is cheesy to deal with. Spammable factor is a problem tho. We have Marnie, although I know I motivate someone to use Draw cards every turn, yes, to keep up the speed and consistency. One day, you will ran out of Marnie and that extra card you get for Marnie might not be usable. 3 Geodudes. for Woobat,use the spread one.

4. JustInBasil Grass-Type Gym Leader
    JustInBasil

News Staff Member

5. treeckonation Treecko is a good pokemon
    treeckonation

i can see some combos with runerigus soon

6. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

Sigilyph GX is back! But Runerigus happens to have 120hp, meaning Urshifu RS can KO it anyway...

Also more Swoobat/Woobat love yaaaaaaaaay

7. klonoahype Aspiring Trainer
    klonoahype

if the Runerigus is hit for more than it's HP total, does the ability hit back for 120 HP (or remaining HP), or the attacks complete damage?

8. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

The attack's complete damage, same as Sigilyph.

9. klonoahype Aspiring Trainer
    klonoahype

Thank you for answering

Want to now see what the highest counter damage possible is.

Largest Grass attack with x4 weakness ability active, Giant bomb equipped to Runerigus . Maybe there are ways of making it bigger, say SM promo Lurantis etc?

10. Hydroi-gon Casual Player
    Hydroi-gon

Imagine this Runerigus with Focus Sash in Expanded...
    Too bad Field Blower and Garbodor exist :/

11. that runerigus artwork is amazing

12. MasterGallade @Mithrarin on Twitter
    MasterGallade

Still no Runerigus-V ;_; Oh well, I do love the artwork of this one <3

13. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Runerigus is going to be fun to mess around with. Now if only it didn't work strictly with VMaxes.

14. MagnaDrake Aspiring Trainer
    MagnaDrake

And then we have power creep. A solution I've been hearing is actually releasing strong single prizers, but slightly underpowered (like this G. Sirfetch'd), but then also slowly reducing the power level of new Rule Box, maybe perhaps even stop releasing them at all.

Not an instant solution because the strong cards would still be strong, but once they rotate out of standard, then the balancing act can resume.

Tough luck for Expanded in this case, though.

15. zzzeraora Aspiring Trainer
    zzzeraora

What's with creatures and being stingy with making certain regional forms into 2-prizers? They did it with alolan dugtrio and he never got a GX, I'm going to be genuinely upset if it's happening again. Just give Runerigus a V, yoy dumbasses.

16. JustInBasil Grass-Type Gym Leader
    JustInBasil

News Staff Member

17. zzzeraora Aspiring Trainer
    zzzeraora

WOW POG ANOTHER SH*T VOLCARONA! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGG

Coolpilot and Mudkip_Is_God like this.
  18. JaxuTCG i love swinub
    JaxuTCG

Thundurus has some potential in decks like the new Tapu Koko VMAX, and Volcarona seems pretty cool but i'm sad it can't one-shot a Crobat without a Vitality Band and its really unlikely for it to see any play.

I'm still waiting for Single Strike Swinub :(

Oddish22 likes this.
  19. Rocket The Shellos Aspiring Trainer
    Rocket The Shellos

Thundurus can only attach to the bench, not itself, small detail but worth mentioning regardless

20. Hydroi-gon Casual Player
    Hydroi-gon

Bruv, another bad Volcarona?
    The only good Volcarona card we got is Volcarona-GX ;-;

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?