'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

Wow, look everyone, a mediocre stage 1 fighting type 1-prizer! As if we don't have enough of those, it's yet another!

160 is 2hko on a lot of things. idk, I like it, but 3 energy is a lot.
It's fine...in Theme. This is quite literally useless. It kills NO Vs without leon or a Bands in expanded, and it kills like 45% of GXs with leon. It's the epitome of mediocrity. You'll get your a$$ cut off and handed to you if you try to use it seriously.

Single Strike Energy + Twin Energy can be done in one turn and gives it the damage it needs to OHKO even Eternatus VMAX.

I guess??? Good luck seeing it when this set comes out. This is the same deal as something like Emboar from Cosmic Eclipse. Say what you want about it, it'll never be good.

It’s single strike, so you could accelerate two single strike energy with 2 Houndoom, attach another for turn, so that’d be +60. With a tool +90 you’re at 150 and then 70 from the vanilla attack (total 220) and you’re one-shotting Zacian. So there’s that theoretical situation.

Getting 3 stage 1 up and running to do it is rough though

Last edited:
  • Galarian Chestplate - a card that supports Galarian Pokemon, but less impactful despite having no Galar Pokemon that can take advantage with. 3-4
  • Galarian Sirfetch'd - 160 for 3 on a Stage 1, it's fine. If we can apply the 100+ dmg boost, as a Single-Strike mon, make it a one-energy attack. 3-4

160 is 2hko on a lot of things. idk, I like it, but 3 energy is a lot.
You know what's funny? If we didn't have a format dominated by big big basics and quick attacks you wouldn't be complaining about 3 energy or 160 damage.

Would be a fun rogue deck. Ramping 3 energy to it doesnt seem that hard with Houndooms and (maybe) Twin Energy, but losing the energies afterwards would definitely suck. I know Vitality Jar exists but it only recovers two at a time, and so far it only recovers Single Strike Energy.

"Ah, so the rule box Pokemon are a problem? I got it, let's remove the rule box and make a broken single prize Pokemon. That should fix the issue"

It’s no all-star, but it doesn’t have just 1 attack that does 70 damage for 2 Energy, so I consider it a win.

Less about this card and more about the direction I can see it heading lol. Made it look too much like I was specifying this card.

There's really no way around it. Either they release strong single prizers that can catch up somewhat with Rule Box, or evidently just ignore the problem and keep releasing stronger Rule Box everytime.

It's the epitome of mediocrity. You'll get your a$$ cut off and handed to you if you try to use it seriously.

Yikes.

Your first mistake was thinking I care at all about the standard metagame. I don't. I will happily and "seriously" use this and have fun doing so. But thanks anyway for your input.

Yikes.

Your first mistake was thinking I care at all about the standard metagame. I don't. I will happily and "seriously" use this and have fun doing so. But thanks anyway for your input.
Yes. This is why I will create the greatest Shining Fates Trapinch deck the world has ever seen.

Back