'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
lol the TCG is so transparent with wanting our Charizard hype money lately. Because it's not like Charizard hasn't already had a TTGX, or as if Charizard and Braixen have any aspect except their type in common at all......

TheWarlordShogun

Aspiring Trainer
Dear Pokemon Co.,

There are hundreds of pokemon to pick from. Please stop choosing to pander to only gen 1. Other pokemon exist. Please show them some love too.

Thanks.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Yeah, though I’m happy Braixen gets to be featured in any Tag Team and I’ll likely get it, a Chandelure and Braixen pairing would be even more awesome, for instance.

Gwen

Aspiring Trainer
Why couldn't we just get a regular Venusaur GX and a Blastoise+something else Tag Team GX to round each of the Kanto starters out??? This is so unnecessary and at least 2 of these will probably be worthless. Give us other stuff, like Glalie and Froslass GX, or more Fairy and Fighting GXs!

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
OOOooooooo....

Pikachu & Eevee Tag team GX? something with Cyntaquil PLEASE!!! Gold Silver REPRESENT!!!!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
It's not even a "Gen 1" thing that bothers me at this point, it's specifically Charizard and PCL's transparent desperation to snatch our wallets. This year alone we're getting Rainbow Reshiram & Charizard, probably Rainbow Charizard & Braixen now, and also in America Shiny Charizard and Filler Family Box Charizard in Hidden Fates. This is already after Rainbow Charizard in Burning Shadows which blew up more than anyone would have expected thanks to Charizard Tax, and Swish is right around the corner where they're sure to trot out the next wave of Charizard shinies almost immediately and never relent for a minute. You'd think the TCG were on its deathbed with its never-ending barrage of Charizard hype since Gen 7 began.

I'm TIRED.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I get the displeasure about Zard. I'm not that bothered by it myself, I knew it was coming. BUT. They could have definitely done with different starters. In fact, I'd have preferred they did a different one, Reshizard was already perfect, and it's just kinda not as appealing sounding with Braixen of all things compared to one of the best looking Legendaries to ever happen. I'd have honestly liked Emboar, that's probably my favorite fire starter.

But because of it happening, might as well just roll with it. And besides...That dirty Zard-fan collector trash in me is honestly a bit excited for more Arita Charizard artwork, I know I'm part of the problem, feel free to hate me guys.

HOWEVER.
There is ONE thing that I am overjoyed about, and that is the fact that PIPLUP IS GONNA BE IN A TAG TEAM. I don't care about anything else in this set, the fact that the pre-evo of one of my favorite Pokemon is going to be on a Tag Team in all its glory? That makes me really happy.

Last edited:

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
I would rant about Charizard repeats but if it happens to Greninja... I'll look like an idiot. Lol

Sombres

Aspiring Trainer
they could have used fully evoled johto or hoenn starters while keeping the others the same... there's more to nostalgia than just kanto pandering...

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Dear Pokemon Co.,

There are hundreds of pokemon to pick from. Please stop choosing to pander to only gen 1. Other pokemon exist. Please show them some love too.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm actually getting a little tired of all the Pidgeot cards they keep releasing. I mean, this is the third Pidgeot-GX card in two sets to be released and now we get another tag team of it. I mean, I like that I have so many options nows and I'm very happy about that but this is getting a little ridiculous. I'd at least like to see another bird get a GX or tag team...

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I don't mind that Blastoise is getting a Tag Team, but Venusaur and Charizard already had theirs, and them getting a second one is pretty annoying. I would've given the other generations a chance.

I would have liked Sceptile/Snivy and Blaziken/Braixen, or even Chandelure/Braixen as a homage to Pokken. Blaziken and Sceptile are rather popular starter evolutions too.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Hope the new grass Tag Team gets more resources to rise and shine. Since they made Reshizard to obliterate PheroBuzz, grass’ suffering a lot of pressure.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
It's not even a "Gen 1" thing that bothers me at this point, it's specifically Charizard and PCL's transparent desperation to snatch our wallets. This year alone we're getting Rainbow Reshiram & Charizard, probably Rainbow Charizard & Braixen now, and also in America Shiny Charizard and Filler Family Box Charizard in Hidden Fates. This is already after Rainbow Charizard in Burning Shadows which blew up more than anyone would have expected thanks to Charizard Tax, and Swish is right around the corner where they're sure to trot out the next wave of Charizard shinies almost immediately and never relent for a minute. You'd think the TCG were on its deathbed with its never-ending barrage of Charizard hype since Gen 7 began.

I'm TIRED.
Gen 8 will be worse because they showed that one of the main characters uses a Charizard, so that means we'll get like 50 variants of Leon's Charizard.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I get the displeasure about Zard. I'm not that bothered by it myself, I knew it was coming. BUT. They could have definitely done with different starters. In fact, I'd have preferred they did a different one, Reshizard was already perfect, and it's just kinda not as appealing sounding with Braixen of all things compared to one of the best looking Legendaries to ever happen. I'd have honestly liked Emboar, that's probably my favorite fire starter.

But because of it happening, might as well just roll with it. And besides...That dirty Zard-fan collector trash in me is honestly a bit excited for more Arita Charizard artwork, I know I'm part of the problem, feel free to hate me guys.

HOWEVER.
There is ONE thing that I am overjoyed about, and that is the fact that PIPLUP IS GONNA BE IN A TAG TEAM. I don't care about anything else in this set, the fact that the pre-evo of one of my favorite Pokemon is going to be on a Tag Team in all its glory? That makes me really happy.
Why Piplup? None of the Gen 5 starters have even been in a single set this Generation, it should be Gen 5 starters getting Tag Teams.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Why Piplup? None of the Gen 5 starters have even been in a single set this Generation, it should be Gen 5 starters getting Tag Teams.
I'm excited because I like and have a lot of attachment to Piplup, this time around it's got nothing to do with representation of anyone for me. Empoleon is one of my four favorite Pokemon, so of course I'm going to be happy about its pre-evo going on a tag team. I agree with you that the gen 5 starters (and a lot of gen 5) should get some more representation, though. It's just not something that really bothers me in that specific situation.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
I feel like there wouldn't even be so much displeasure at some of the specific pairings if they were just flipped. Delphox & Charmander/eleon, Empoleon & Squirtle, and Surperior & Bulbasaur GXs all keep the same pairings but give us something we haven't seen before.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I feel like there wouldn't even be so much displeasure at some of the specific pairings if they were just flipped. Delphox & Charmander/eleon, Empoleon & Squirtle, and Surperior & Bulbasaur GXs all keep the same pairings but give us something we haven't seen before.
But NOOOO, they just HAD to use the Stage 2 forms.
I’ll stop complaining when you bring back Kadabra.
But for now, you’re not helping your sort of “equal rights” vibe your anime is giving off.
So stop it.