SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

This tag team is interesting, but I don't expect it to see play. Ultra Necrozma is better. Ultra Necrozma wins games with its GX attack. This doesn't. It's easier to use 3 psychic recharges to do lots of damage. Getting your opponent's pokemon damaged. It's interesting but not good enough.
It's easier to use 2 Psychic Recharges and a Distortion Door and then have an attacker that doesn't need to get benched again than it is to have an attacker that needs 3 Psychic Recharges and needs to constantly go back to the bench. Baby Giratina makes damaging their board easy, and for 3 Energy total you do more damage than Ultra Necrozma. GG End can also help you with erasing something on your opponent board that is threatening, like a mon with a bunch of Energy stacked on it in NagaQuag. ChompTina also lives a lot longer with 90 more HP. A PikaRom for example is likely not going to be able to OHKO ChompTina, unlike Ultra Necrozma. There is definitely a very strong and fair argument for ChompTina over Ultra Necrozma.

It's easier to use 2 Psychic Recharges and a Distortion Door and then have an attacker that doesn't need to get benched again than it is to have an attacker that needs 3 Psychic Recharges and needs to constantly go back to the bench. Baby Giratina makes damaging their board easy, and for 3 Energy total you do more damage than Ultra Necrozma. GG End can also help you with erasing something on your opponent board that is threatening, like a mon with a bunch of Energy stacked on it in NagaQuag. ChompTina also lives a lot longer with 90 more HP. A PikaRom for example is likely not going to be able to OHKO ChompTina, unlike Ultra Necrozma. There is definitely a very strong and fair argument for ChompTina over Ultra Necrozma.
You lose against lost match and other non-gx decks, though.
That is the reason ultra necrozma is good. It's your auto win to lost march that the deck most definitely needs.
And don't say that malamar can just prize trade with baby tina.
If we're going to compare stuff, what's easier:
Attaching an energy to a jumpluff/natu and taking a KO
or
Having a free retreater in the front (preferably jirachi), 2 minimum malamar on the bench (if you go this route you need an energy), and a tina in the discard.
My point is that lost march just needs an energy and an attacker, and malamar needs a fully set-up bench.
Guzma makes this task very hard.
The matchup can be swayed with spell tag, but no one plays that right now, and you definitely won't be playing it with the dragon type (what's the ship name) gartina (?).

Wow, an attack-cost decrease that specifies a specific energy. This is a pretty interesting card then.

Seems really strong. Use Claw Slash or Dangerous Rogue for a DCE or Aura Strike for free. It's like Counter Gain plus Thunder Mountain, both of which are good cards.

This makes M&M TTGX better now. Shoot even baby Garchomp can be brought to a fight since it is a slow set up. Card should see some solid play.

hmm, so now gira+chomp GX can ohko 270hp mons with this, DDE and grimsley aka 1 turn setup. seems legit

Now ANY NINETALES DECK just techs in baby buzz and this and beacon turn 1 and 2 then sledgehammer.

DeciTales seems like the best fit!

Wow!
I like this card a lot. I REALLY agree with @Christopher Shehan’s above comment.
You know, only one person has said anything about how Garchomp & Giratina GX can hit 240 for 2 energy, and can be fully supplied by Malamar.

Why play counter gain when this just does the same + can be fighting.
That’s not exactly true. I can see where you’re going with this, but the Belt ONLY takes away Fighting. For example, if you attach a Black Belt to Buzzwole, you can use Sledgehammer for [] and Swing Around for [F][C], while if you attach Counter Gain, you use Sledgehammer for [F] and Swing Around for [F][F]. Say you attach those to Silvally GX ~ Counter Gain lets you attack for [C][C], while (no Fighting Energy in the attack cost) a Black Belt lets you attack for [C][C][C].
Over-explanation time!

That’s not exactly true. I can see where you’re going with this, but the Belt ONLY takes away Fighting. For example, if you attach a Black Belt to Buzzwole, you can use Sledgehammer for [] and Swing Around for [F][C], while if you attach Counter Gain, you use Sledgehammer for [F] and Swing Around for [F][F]. Say you attach those to Silvally GX ~ Counter Gain lets you attack for [C][C], while (no Fighting Energy in the attack cost) a Black Belt lets you attack for [C][C][C].
Over-explanation time!

Are you sure about this?
The wording just seems odd as a colorless energy is just whatever energy. Take a look at thunder mountain for example, doesnt that work the same way?

Are you sure about this?
The wording just seems odd as a colorless energy is just whatever energy. Take a look at thunder mountain for example, doesnt that work the same way?
It doesn’t. When ATTACHING Energy, Colorless can be represented by any energy, that’s correct: but the cards in question, they decrease the attack cost by what is literally in the cost. If something removes [F], then the attack cost must contain -1 [F]. IF there are no [F] in the first place, then Black Belt has nothing to take away from and doesn’t do anything. I could argue your point with you if only we didn’t have Counter Gain.
Either way, attack costs and energy removals from them must be taken by a literal, side-by-side comparison.

Guess I just don't need energies anymore now, do I?
Just need Malamar and purple stuff. (unless you're PikaRom/Blacpehelon RIP)

Back