SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Garchomp/Giratina looks interesting. With Malamar it was be easy to charge up. Throwing in a Shrine of Punishment will put damage counters on all GX's allowing for serious one shot power, even if it slightly damages your own. Personally, I am liking it. That Heatran looks as aweful as the card is :p

I need thise Guzma, and the Malmar sleeves.... Beautiful artwork!!!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Garchomp looking fly, one of my favorite cards.
Might be possible to make a deck with it.
Mally, koko, Giratina and tag team GG.
The gx attack is really lackluster unfortunately and 3 Retreat doesnt help in any way. (If it at least could have been 4 you could have used buff padding for even more hp!)
Maybe he looks fly because he’s flying. It always surprises me every time I re-learn that Garchomp can fly.
Heatran the new blacephalon?
Neh.
Oh, Heatran.
Very forgettable. There’s nothing we haven’t seen before.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Gartina seems like it would be decent when paired with baby Tina and Malamar - can one shot pretty much everything in the meta atm (not even including band). Only needs one fighting energy attached and 2 Malamar on the field - also has access to Viridian, Jirachi and Mysterious Treasure for consistency, not to mention possible backup attackers like baby Buzz, Nihilego, DW Necrozma GX, Marshadow GX, the list goes on. The one thing I don't really like about it is its GX attack.

Overall, I like this card

oh heatran's also pretty bad imo

Last edited:

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Did i hear flying flip and double dragon in expanded for a guaranteed 260.

onkel_morten

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
G&G TTGX is meh due to the fighting energy requirement, but this could be a fun expanded deck.
It's not that bad in Standard either, you can use Viridian Forest, Rainbrow Brush and (if we ever get it) Energy Spinner to get that Fighting Energy. Personally I like Rainbow Brush as you can find it with Alolan Ninetails when needed and you can change an energy you've accelerated with Malamar, so you're able to use your manual attachment freely.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Really? It's probably in my top 3 worst GX arts.
Oh, wow, top 3 worst? I never see that with Arita art (you might have been the person who said they didn't like TTGX art, was that you?)... I don't think it's all bad tbh. Much better than, say, Genesect GX and its somehow even worse Full Art.

Richard Haeder

litleo op plz nerf
linear attack is a very linear attack. it gets a 2/5 litleo rating, just like the rest of garchomp and giratina gx.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
If Bidoof is going to be in this set, it will be interesting to see if Bibarel will be Colorless or Water (hopefully the latter, but I will be happy either way).

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Oh, wow, top 3 worst? I never see that with Arita art (you might have been the person who said they didn't like TTGX art, was that you?)... I don't think it's all bad tbh. Much better than, say, Genesect GX and its somehow even worse Full Art.
Actually someone else said that. I PERSONALLY think SM Base Set Espeon GX is the worst, probably followed by Blastoise GX (and the hideous FA), Genesect GX and then this Giratina & Garchomp GX.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Actually someone else said that. I PERSONALLY think SM Base Set Espeon GX is the worst, probably followed by Blastoise GX (and the hideous FA), Genesect GX and then this Giratina & Garchomp GX.

Theres actually quite a lot of GX artworks I really don't care for now that I think of it. Maybe it's part because, oh I don't know, someone at Pokemon was like "hee hee let's suck all the soul out of our full arts and just give them blank backgrounds and cheap renders". At least that's what I feel like it is. The only saving grace are the RA/SR TTGXs and FA supporters. Other than that I feel like GXs can be super hit or miss compared to the overall generally positive look I have on EXs.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
This tag team is interesting, but I don't expect it to see play. Ultra Necrozma is better. Ultra Necrozma wins games with its GX attack. This doesn't. It's easier to use 3 psychic recharges to do lots of damage. Getting your opponent's pokemon damaged. It's interesting but not good enough.

I'm 100% sure dragon support is coming.
It's like the charram from Unbroken Bonds. We were like "it's too clunky" and then welder was revealed.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Hm, no definitely not me. I like simplicity (which is why Tag Team GX's are not really my cup of tea) but I like this one quite a bit because it's fairly simple/symmetrical, plus the color-scheme looks good.
I can't even make out the Garchomp part, to me it looks like they're mating lol

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
To the people saying that Zinnia is the best Dragon support currently: this is a Dragon themed set. They gotta print some Dragon support right?