SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
In standard, I'm not sure if it'll take off without more Dragon support. But you can snipe Ditto with its first attack for a colorless energy which I think is something to note. I can't really think of anything that can do that as a basic.
Did someone say Double Dragon Energy reprint????

No? Ok.

I'm obsessed with DDE probably. I need help.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
It's just too bad the Legendary Bird Tag Team Card is going to be weak to lighting most likely and with Zekrom/Pikachu out there it will be almost impossible to use it competitively. Still how high will the HP be and how busted broken will it's attack will be for 3 Tag Team members and maybe it will be the first with an ability that maybe helps it weakness.

Vaskemaskinen

Henlo ^^
Garchomp looking fly, one of my favorite cards.
Might be possible to make a deck with it.
Mally, koko, Giratina and tag team GG.
The gx attack is really lackluster unfortunately and 3 Retreat doesnt help in any way. (If it at least could have been 4 you could have used buff padding for even more hp!)

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
My question is, last set we got Whimsicott sleeves for seemingly no reason (before the GX reveal). This time we're getting Mawile sleeves for seemingly no reason. Does this mean Mawile-GX?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Garchomp and Giratina GX look viable in a Malamar deck focus on spread. Not sure wheterh it outclasses Ultra Necrozma since he is rather versatile. Love the Malamar sleeves and the Guzma sleeves. The art of the Grimsley supporter looks awesome but the effect does not seem good to me.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Giratina & Garchomp TTGX - Ehh. I even like the atks, but the AC is a pain. This can doable with Malamar for P energy and Mysterious Treasure for it to search out, but for Fighting? Ehh. We don't have a way to feed 4 F energy on this guy. 3 Geodudes
  • Heatran-GX - I like this a lot. I see this a 1-of in some fire decks like how Tapu Koko-GX being a 1-of in some Electric decks. 4 Geodudes
  • Grimsley - this is the same thing as Damage Mover. It do move 30 dmg, not 50, not 100 of some sort. Yeah, its on your opponent's side, but come on! 3-4 Geodudes

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Gartina is just a bigger clunkier Ultra Necrozma. These days you will need to get the second attack's boost to get value. I think you would need to play shrine for 1 turn and than once it's effect has happened you ditch it. Damaging your own 3 prizer is a bad idea but you kind of need to. Or you could use dragon song altarias but 1. You don't have the bench space. 2. CLUNKY ALERT!

Heatran has a great GX attack and Xerneas PS's ability. Keep in mind the ability doesn't switch on it's own. You would just have this in your hand. Plop it down on your bench. Switch. Ability. BOOM! Unfortunately once you use the GX attack then it loses it's use. 130 for RRC is not enough damage for energy. I actually wish this thing had an RC of 4 so you could dump the energy and use fire crystals later in the game. (I know fire crystal only recovers 3 but you can do anther one later) I'd rather that energy in discard than on GXless Heatran GX.

As for Grimsley... That card is looking grim.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Heatran is a solid card. It hits for 130 base which is perfect for buzzmosa and its ability/ GX make it splashable in most fire decks. Even the one prize variants.

Garchomp Giratina is really interesting. Not sure how good it's but including fighting in its attack cost allows us the benefit to use fighting dojo. Dragon talon also seems quiet good with the card. Its first attack has the potential to be paired with Yveltal GX if you so chose.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I just hope that they print more dragon support - something that’s close but not entirely the same as welder. It’s almost non existent at the moment :confused:
COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH
Zinnia.

GG GX looks BUSTED. This with just a SINGLE Decidueye dishes out 260 a turn, 290 with a ‘Band. The GX attack is less than busted, but it can still work some wonders of its own. The problem is [P][F][C]. That’s a heavy price to pay. With no DDE reprint in sight, looks like we’ll be using Zinnia.

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
Garchomp Giratina is a very specific card that complements a very powerful typing combo in TCG: Psy+Fight. So, with Giratina and Buzzbaby, you have solid 240 dmg every turn with powerful pikarom answer. The GX has an awesome effect, almost assuring an win against rare candy decks, but requires dragon or fighting support, which I think is coming soon.

Wechselbalg

brb
Wow, TPC finally reveals stuff again that matters.

Grimsley is a reversed damage mover in supporter form. Maybe there will be a deck that can use this as 1-of to take the last two prizes or so?

If I'm not mistaken you won't get to take prize cards if you use the GX of attack of Gartina, since the text says discard and not knock out. Anyway, the card does look interesting.

Heatran can also be used in some fire decks to take a big KO with the GX attack. Hope we'll get more reveals soon!

Last edited: