Finished Mafia LV : Let's Go (Kanto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Aaaaand I just read this. These were the Pokémon released last night. No Ditto. But there IS Muk. So if it WAS Muk, it was...well, incredibly dumb of me to test my own theory myself.
Well, Muk seems the most likely thing right now but could Tangela also work as it’s widely known gimmick is tangling stuff up in its vines? The question right now is whoever used these two Pokémon.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Nothing wrong with the vote count.
So... Someone used an Ability alright.
Well, Muk seems the most likely thing right now but could Tangela also work as it’s widely known gimmick is tangling stuff up in its vines? The question right now is whoever used these two Pokémon.
So we want to know who used it?
Hey @NinjaPenguin, if you don't want to soft-claim about your Attribute, then would you at least soft-claim about which Pokemon you had discarded?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I.e. Will they go back to Safari Zone or will they be "discarded" for real and thus become unusable for the rest of the game.
From the questions I asked Drac about the mechanics of the game, I understand that the Pokemon freed by using its ability return to the Safari on the next phase.

Hey @NinjaPenguin, if you don't want to soft-claim about your Attribute, then would you at least soft-claim about which Pokemon you had discarded?
This actually gave me an idea... We know the list of Pokemon that were released last night. If each of us say the Pokemon they discarded last night, maybe we can do some process of elimination to find out who used the Muk. We have no certainty that the Muk is what caused the sticky votes on Nick, but Vom's theory isn't wild and from that list, Muk seems the most probable one to have that effect basing only in flavor.
What do you think about this? I have no issues in saying the Pokemon I released if everyone else does it. I mean, for Day 1 it's a good thing in my opinion.

Zone Q11

From the questions I asked Drac about the mechanics of the game, I understand that the Pokemon freed by using its ability return to the Safari on the next phase.
I see... This certainly makes my work harder though.
This actually gave me an idea... We know the list of Pokemon that were released last night. If each of us say the Pokemon they discarded last night, maybe we can do some process of elimination to find out who used the Muk. We have no certainty that the Muk is what caused the sticky votes on Nick, but Vom's theory isn't wild and from that list, Muk seems the most probable one to have that effect basing only in flavor.
What do you think about this? I have no issues in saying the Pokemon I released if everyone else does it. I mean, for Day 1 it's a good thing in my opinion.
That's basically what I wanted to say, but oh well. I released Parasect. No strings attached to this statement. Anyone who claims they released Parasect besides me is a liar.

--by the way, Nick said that it could've been a Tangela as well.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
FoS on everybody who at the first opportunity to do this turns to mechanics instead of trying to make reads. I'm gonna say the person most flagrant here is Zone, so
#UNVOTE: Celever
##VOTE: Zone Q11

There wasn't anything else to really do at the time, it was just you and Zone talking about a past game. Celever put it quite nicely here:
No the point is that I could use that post to make a townread. Cel knows very well that if you want to, you can find a conclusion even very early on in a mafia game.
I discarded Flareon.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
FoS on everybody who at the first opportunity to do this turns to mechanics instead of trying to make reads
Aren't mechanics more reliable than reads, specially on Day 1? It's pretty difficult to read people so early in the game.

I discarded Golem without activating its ability.

Zone Q11

FoS on everybody who at the first opportunity to do this turns to mechanics instead of trying to make reads. I'm gonna say the person most flagrant here is Zone, so
#UNVOTE: Celever
##VOTE: Zone Q11
I want to retort this because there was literally nothing to go off to to make any reads at all, especially when three of eleven players haven't been talking at all, especially when only three to four people are actively talking... but I think that I would rather have the FoS pointed at me rather than dying from boredom at this point.
I discarded Flareon.
...it is funny how you FoS-ed me for bringing up mechanics, and then answer my mechanic-based question.
I get that your FoS-ing could be irrelevant to your opinion about the mechanics, but it is still funny.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Aren't mechanics more reliable than reads, specially on Day 1? It's pretty difficult to read people so early in the game.
This right here is literally how the town loses the game. It's difficult to read people D1 but reading into mechanical results that aren't very directly incriminating is much worse.
I want to retort this because there was literally nothing to go off to to make any reads at all, especially when three of eleven players haven't been talking at all, especially when only three to four people are actively talking... but I think that I would rather have the FoS pointed at me rather than dying from boredom at this point.
No you have 50 posts at least you can make a read off of at least one of them. I made one off of like the fifth post of the game; you have much more variety than just that.
...it is funny how you FoS-ed me for bringing up mechanics, and then answer my mechanic-based question.
This is irrelevant you can make reads and pay attention to mechanics at the same time. Switching sole focus to that is a mistake.

Zone Q11

This right here is literally how the town loses the game. It's difficult to read people D1 but reading into mechanical results that aren't very directly incriminating is much worse.
Hey pal, I claimed that I would ignore townchat until someone messes up, but I never intend to "spread the mindset" of focusing on mechanics only.
No you have 50 posts at least you can make a read off of at least one of them. I made one off of like the fifth post of the game; you have much more variety than just that.
Well, from what I see now though, there is still not a thing that is non-fluff nor anything that indicates any alignment or agendas whatsoever.
I already proclaimed that I can't and won't go deeper than surface level thinking and I don't plan to change it at all.
Switching sole focus to that is a mistake.
No. This is only what you think. If everyone were to focus on mechanics because of me, then I would take the blame and get lynched.
But there is literally zero chance of that happening because you, Cel and Vom (apparently) are old veterans of Mafia. You will only focus on yourselves and point your fingers.
My plan was for me alone to focus on mechanics while you guys continue with the fluff talk and FoS-ing people.
At least the game mechanics don't talk back when I want to research it.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I really hope you are town, because you have the power of saying the exact words to convince me. Ok, I'll try to focus more on reads, but it's not crazy to search some other way to scumhunt when the reads fail.

And speaking of reads, there are so many inactive people here. Please we need all the inactive ones to start posting / posting more to make the process of reading a bit easier. I'm not the most indicated one to request it, but anyways, it'll help the entire Town.

Zone Q11

Please we need all the inactive ones to start posting / posting more to make the process of reading a bit easier.
This is pretty much the main reason why I always don't read (or at least don't spend much effort to reading) in most games.
Can you clarify why you don't want to think deeper than surface level?
Because I can't do it. Call me lousy or even scummy, but I was never capable of thinking what others think while they are saying things. I only see the "what" and not the "why".

Zone Q11

By the way, I noticed something. Perhaps I have missed this somewhere in the first post, but I think that we are only playing with final evolution Pokemons.
This would explain why I haven't seen any non-final evolution Pokemons in the Safari Zone.

Zone Q11

By the way, I noticed something. Perhaps I have missed this somewhere in the first post, but I think that we are only playing with final evolution Pokemons.
This would explain why I haven't seen any non-final evolution Pokemons in the Safari Zone.
This is erm... Weird. After counting thrice, I noticed that -without the non-final evolution Pokemons- there were 45 Pokemons that are not in the Safari Zone.
Since 12 x 4 = 48, I think I can say without any doubt that there is a maximum of three people who have Pokemons like "Missing No. #", which is apparently in the Safari Zone Today. It is either this, or some non-final evolution Pokemons like Eevee are also in the game.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
No the point is that I could use that post to make a townread. Cel knows very well that if you want to, you can find a conclusion even very early on in a mafia game.
Oh, lol. I missed your point. :p
I already proclaimed that I can't and won't go deeper than surface level thinking and I don't plan to change it at all.
You already addressed why you don't, but why won't you at least try? You'll never get around to being able to do it if you never try.
y the way, I noticed something. Perhaps I have missed this somewhere in the first post, but I think that we are only playing with final evolution Pokemons.
This is erm... Weird. After counting thrice, I noticed that -without the non-final evolution Pokemons- there were 45 Pokemons that are not in the Safari Zone.Since 12 x 4 = 48, I think I can say without any doubt that there is a maximum of three people who have Pokemons like "Missing No. #", which is apparently in the Safari Zone Today. It is either this, or some non-final evolution Pokemons like Eevee are also in the game.
I kind of assumed we only had final evolutions, there would be too many otherwise. You don't have to completely unravel what Pokémon there are, since they are rotatory and it's literally irrelevant unless we know what their Ability does. Imagine the things you could do if you spent as much time reading people as you did counting Pokémon.

Also, I discarded Scyther.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
This is pretty much the main reason why I always don't read (or at least don't spend much effort to reading) in most games.

Because I can't do it. Call me lousy or even scummy, but I was never capable of thinking what others think while they are saying things. I only see the "what" and not the "why".
I don't know how you play as Town then. It's important to think the "why" because you can find out the intentions of people, which can lead you to the player's alignment (are they helping Town or Mafia?). It's difficult to do it and I mostly always fail in that analysis, but I understand it's the more efficient way to find scum.

This is erm... Weird. After counting thrice, I noticed that -without the non-final evolution Pokemons- there were 45 Pokemons that are not in the Safari Zone.
Since 12 x 4 = 48, I think I can say without any doubt that there is a maximum of three people who have Pokemons like "Missing No. #", which is apparently in the Safari Zone Today. It is either this, or some non-final evolution Pokemons like Eevee are also in the game.
How does this help to find scum?

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
Okay, I think that Zone is saying that someone is messing with his vote in particular?
In this case, I'm guessing someone is puppeting his vote or something (I've never seen anything like this before.. Help)
I'm not sure whether I believe him is a different question.
We should look over all pokemon that were released and try and work out which role did what thing..?

Zone Q11

You already addressed why you don't, but why won't you at least try? You'll never get around to being able to do it if you never try.
Because of the lack of chat. As usual.
Imagine the things you could do if you spent as much time reading people as you did counting Pokémon.
Yep. Emphasis on imagine, because it is useless if you can't do it.
I don't know how you play as Town then.
Simple really. I usually treat myself as a Survivor until some bandwagon starts or until someone make a mistake. For the former I will see the reasons for a bandwagon first, and then see whether I will join them or ignore them. For the latter I simply start or join the bandwagon.
It's important to think the "why" because you can find out the intentions of people, which can lead you to the player's alignment (are they helping Town or Mafia?).
Thank you for stating the obvious. (Sarcasm) It's as if I am having the conversation again with NP a couple of months ago all over again.
It's difficult to do it and I mostly always fail in that analysis, but I understand it's the more efficient way to find scum.
Um... When it comes to reading, I am also bad at it. But unlike you, I -at a certain point- don't see the reason to do it anymore.
Every time a read list appears, people will say that it's not a good idea to do so because scum are likely to go for the townies in those lists.
Every time I see at chat, there are either people like NP, Vom and you, or there are people like Nick, Phoenix and Morda. The former are going all out, pulling their FoS-es from either a reasonable POV or out of nowhere. The latter are simply there, waiting until EOD and will CFD at last minute.
This is a 4 day Day Phase. Yet even if you were to talk with me -whose posts depend on mood, and are thus inconsistent- for two weeks, you are likely unable to convince me to pull FoS-es out of nowhere.
How does this help to find scum?
It doesn't. It's a mere comment.
If I have to, I could analyze each and every move and say what the abilities are. But this is likely going to take some time, seeing as I only have 7 samples as of yet.

Zone Q11

Okay, I think that Zone is saying that someone is messing with his vote in particular?
In this case, I'm guessing someone is puppeting his vote or something (I've never seen anything like this before.. Help)
I'm not sure whether I believe him is a different question.
We should look over all pokemon that were released and try and work out which role did what thing..?
It was not me who noticed it first, but Vom. Then he went and voted and unvoted Nick to check whether he was right or not about his theory.
The ability in Vom's theory wasn't "puppeting votes" by the way, but "locking votes when it comes to a specific person".
Also, if I were you, I would focus on chat rather than mechanics before NP and Mariano votes you for mentioning mechanics.
--though, I would like to know which Pokemon you released at N0.

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
Gengar. Move was Dream Eater.
Let's just say, with the 4 pokemon I had I can't even use 2 of them and the other two abilities are very meh.
So I need to get like the best ones today to even stand a chance at surviving xD

Also, I know Vom was the first to see it. But I also noticed that then you too was confused.
Then my theory was the puppeting voted because I dunno, it seems like a witchy sorta ability. Or something that just makes your vote permanently stay on someone in particular.
Was there a VC from before? When your vote was on someone else perhaps?
If not then we can't really work out the usage

Status
Not open for further replies.