Finished Mafia LV : Let's Go (Kanto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...issue? Issues are a bad thing, right? How is it bad to drop readlists D1? IIRC, you guys were the ones who reprimanded me to not give a readlist because it gives scum their targets.
It's an issue to drop the idea of making reads for trying to read into mechanics.
Also, whoever said that is a bad there's no issue with making readlists because only through working together and getting on the same page can a towncore operate and readlists are super important for that process.
Kiiruma in #106. Stating the obvious about me. Giving Vom a bit towncred. Stating that he will make a readlist.
LuisPipe8 in #110. RVS. Nothing noteworthy, but also nothing towny.
Mariano11887 in #111. Dropped the mechanics matter. Could be seen as either "a town who realizes that he was unprogressive" or "a scum who understood that the talk about mechanics is about to end, and thus dropped the topic". Personally, it is WIFOM.
Celever in #114. He once had a conspiracy theory about you and me being scumbuddies. Why the heck would he go for you instead of accusing me of my uselessness? We should be equally scummy in his eyes at best.
Which one is the scummiest and why?

The following vote count is valid until post #121

NinjaPenguin #30 - Zone Q11
Zone Q11 #35 - scattered mind

Kiiruma #38 - TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK
mordacazir #42 - Celever
Mariano11887 #47 - NinjaPenguin
Celever #56 - TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK
Zone Q11 #35 - TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK
NinjaPenguin #30 - Celever

Zone Q11 #69 - TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK
Vom #78 - TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK
NinjaPenguin #85 - Zone Q11
Luispipe8 #110 - Celever
Celever #114 - NinjaPenguin

WEIGHTED VOTE COUNT DAY 1 PHASE 2
2 - NinjaPenguin
2 - Celever
2 - TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK
1 - Zone Q11

*ACTIVITY REMINDER FOR

@GamePhoenix[/QUOTE]

“Well well, trainers! It looks like everyone has their Pokémon. I hope you can start taking a liking to them, but if not, have no worries.”

All exchange looks with each other.

“Now don’t feel bad, in fact, there’s a fun exercise I’d like us to all participate in. Why don’t you trade your Pokémon with someone else around the world in a Wonder Trade? You could meet new Pokémon or bond with new trainers!”

Something about his mischievous behavior strikes you as odd, but you agree that a Wonder Trade sounds like a fantastic way to obtain new Pokémon.

*WONDER TRADE*
To join this wonder trade, you guys need to post in thread the name of Pokemon you are willing to let go.
Make sure to Bold the Pokemon name and tag me.
Once the Pokemon is selected it can't be change.
I will distribute the Pokemon at the end of the day by PM.
1 Lucky Player will receive an extra Pokemon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For this update, all credit goes to @VioletValkyrie who will now be my co-host (writer). Hope you guys would enjoy it

Well, it seems that it doesn’t apply to everyone who votes and unvotes as we see with Vom and Cel so I’m assuming that it’s just Zone. We should have Zone cleared at this point but the question is still who used either Muk or Tangela. Waiting for the Safari Zone reset and whoever gets them to hopefully reveal is the best that we can do on that right now. I’m the one who got rid of the Alakazam. Right now, my original guess as to what happened is still possible and the only one who’s vote is on me apart from Zone is Kiiruma so....
##Vote: Kiiruma

So Zone's thing again wasn't changed..
This is very unusual.
I'll probably participate in the trade though. Question is what to use for it.
I'll also find a post to quote of Vom's soon

Let me again reaffirm what I'd said earlier on.
I had 2 abilities I couldn't use.
This means I only had 2 I could use, no matter what they were.
I was honest straight away and said that I'd used Gengar.
I also said what TM they use.
I'm trying hard to prove myself in the way I'm acting due to the fact that I'm not able to prove motivations with abilities I have.

It's an issue to drop the idea of making reads for trying to read into mechanics.
Also, whoever said that is a bad there's no issue with making readlists because only through working together and getting on the same page can a towncore operate and readlists are super important for that process.
Read the fine print. I said that blah blah blah is bad "at D1". D2 would be fine, but D1 now or even EOD D1 would not be good. Too few info, too many towns.
Which one is the scummiest and why?
Mariano11887 is WIFOM, but not full scummy. Celever's scumminess is my personal opinion. LuisPipe8 has too few to read on. So by POE, Kiiruma would be my scummiest read of that whole page.
Well, it seems that it doesn’t apply to everyone who votes and unvotes as we see with Vom and Cel so I’m assuming that it’s just Zone.
So Zone's thing again wasn't changed..
This is very unusual.
Wrong. Vom only unvoted me. He did not vote anyone else. If his vote had changed to anyone else, then the one who got stuck on voting Nick is only me. If not, then everyone who had voted Nick is stuck. For now though, the least I can do is:
##UNVOTE TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
I'll probably participate in the trade though. Question is what to use for it.
I had 2 abilities I couldn't use.
You literally answered yourself. You basically trade your useless and/or locked Pokemon for somebody else's useless and/or locked Pokemon.
So in my case, I will trade off my Wigglytuff. @GM DracLord.

Well, it seems that it doesn’t apply to everyone who votes and unvotes as we see with Vom and Cel so I’m assuming that it’s just Zone. We should have Zone cleared at this point but the question is still who used either Muk or Tangela.

Why are you still obssessed with that? I thought me and others have made it clear this theory is not helpful at all in finding scums.
More importantly- why do you think Zone is cleared? And from what? From being scum or from being the one who released Muk/Tangela?

Quoting isn't working right now, so here are some thoughts without quotes:
  • Zone seems kinda like PMJ right now, but instead of "Call me when RVS is over" he waits a lot longer before actually contributing
  • All the softclaiming is weird and I dont see how it helps the game as of right now.
  • Muk theory seems logical lore wise but pokemon were assigned randomly right

Muk theory seems logical lore wise but pokemon were assigned randomly right

That and the fact that Pokemon's moves are not necessarily related to their body/shape/usual trait. This is a flavor hunting which is rarely helpful if not hindering.

Well, it seems that it doesn’t apply to everyone who votes and unvotes as we see with Vom and Cel so I’m assuming that it’s just Zone. We should have Zone cleared at this point but the question is still who used either Muk or Tangela. Waiting for the Safari Zone reset and whoever gets them to hopefully reveal is the best that we can do on that right now. I’m the one who got rid of the Alakazam. Right now, my original guess as to what happened is still possible and the only one who’s vote is on me apart from Zone is Kiiruma so....
##Vote: Kiiruma
Nick give me an actual read ASAP or you'll have one more vote on you.
I'll make reads once a good bit has been posted.
For now Zone is pretty much null (Due to the weird shenanigans going on and we don't know if it's planned or not)
I'd say Vom is one of my top townreads for now but there's not really much to go on. So this could easily change later on.
Sorry for speaking so much about mechanics but we need to work stuffs out
@Zone Q11 What specific part of this post is scummy and more specifically, why is scum more motivated to post this part than town?

More importantly- why do you think Zone is cleared? And from what? From being scum or from being the one who released Muk/Tangela?
I am cleared from scum. Since no town claimed to have released Muk/Tangela, it must've been scum. There is no risk of town claiming to have used Muk/Tangela on Nick at all; not even any risk of getting killed by scum since other town with Pokemons with protective Abilities can protect the one who claimed to have used Muk/Tangela.
With me being the first one to notice the effect of Muk/Tangela, I am more likely to be town than scum. Because scum would risk themselves of getting lynched if they were to point out that their vote is stuck on Nick, and from how I see it, that is not what happened with me. I RVS-ed you first, then went along with Celever to pressure Nick, and then I went back to you. Moments later the vote count appeared, and it showed everyone that my vote didn't change back to you.
Had I been scum, and had I known Muk's/Tangela's Ability, then I would've stayed on Nick like @Celever did, or unvoted to buy more time like @Vom did.
What Zone's thing?
My vote. It is unchanged. Which means that some Pokemon's Ability made it so I can't vote anyone else but Nick once I have voted him.
"EDIT" (Not real edit, but I noticed something upon writing this post): Celever has their vote back to NP. Why am I the only one stuck at Nick?
##VOTE: scattered mind
Muk theory seems logical lore wise but pokemon were assigned randomly right
Yes, the Pokemon were assigned randomly. Which means that the Player's Role as Trainer and their initial Pokemon are likely to have nothing in common.
That doesn't mean that I can't POE who the heck used Muk/Tangela, however.
All the softclaiming is weird and I dont see how it helps the game as of right now.
That and the fact that Pokemon's moves are not necessarily related to their body/shape/usual trait. This is a flavor hunting which is rarely helpful if not hindering.
Well look it this way: Either you two say which Pokemon you released, or I will use my Pokemon's Ability on you two this Night. Simple, right? After all, the mechanics state:
- Pokemon rank 1st will be the Pokemon (Ability) that you will be using for the Night. - Once the Pokemon (Ability) is used, it will be released into the safari zone. (Unless stated otherwise).
It didn't specify whether I can use two Pokemons in one Night or not, and whether I can rank two Pokemons as Rank 1 or not.
I TRULY don't care what other Players say. I want my results. I don't care whether you all see me as a hindrance or scum. All I ask from you two Today is to say which Pokemon you have used and/or released. If you think that one word is causing a hindrance to chat, then go ahead. Be my guests, and be my targets of this Night.

I am cleared from scum. Since no town claimed to have released Muk/Tangela, it must've been scum. There is no risk of town claiming to have used Muk/Tangela on Nick at all; not even any risk of getting killed by scum since other town with Pokemons with protective Abilities can protect the one who claimed to have used Muk/Tangela.
With me being the first one to notice the effect of Muk/Tangela, I am more likely to be town than scum. Because scum would risk themselves of getting lynched if they were to point out that their vote is stuck on Nick, and from how I see it, that is not what happened with me. I RVS-ed you first, then went along with Celever to pressure Nick, and then I went back to you. Moments later the vote count appeared, and it showed everyone that my vote didn't change back to you.
Had I been scum, and had I known Muk's/Tangela's Ability, then I would've stayed on Nick like @Celever did, or unvoted to buy more time like @Vom did.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Zone Q11

We don't know Muk/Tangela's ability. I put it to you that you tried to frame your knowledge as speculation (e.g. putting in the slash now when originally you just argued it's probably just Muk from a flavour standpoint) and then got confused here thinking that the ability is confirmed in-thread because it's been confirmed to you because you used it on yourself, or your bud used it on you.

Nick give me an actual read ASAP or you'll have one more vote on you.
Read the fine print. I said that blah blah blah is bad "at D1". D2 would be fine, but D1 now or even EOD D1 would not be good. Too few info, too many towns.
Sorry for hijacking conversation, but respond on my post please.
@Zone Q11 What specific part of this post is scummy and more specifically, why is scum more motivated to post this part than town?
I already stated it, but sure:
-> First sentence: Starting a motion to make read lists, which are non-beneficial at D1. D2 would be fine, but D1 is literally useless.
-> Second sentence: Stating the obvious about my actions and behaviors. This is useless fodder for posts. Useless for town.
-> Third sentence: Giving Vom a bit towncred. Scum giving town towncred is more believable than town giving other town towncred. Especially when Kiiruma has yet to make anything towny at all.
I'll trade away AlolanGolem. @GM DracLord
Oof. I have no use for Rock Types...

We don't know Muk/Tangela's ability.
This makes sense.
I put it to you that you tried to frame your knowledge as speculation (e.g. putting in the slash now when originally you just argued it's probably just Muk from a flavour standpoint)
Everyone knows about the Pokemons though. This is a Pokemon server after all. But alright, go on.
and then got confused here thinking that the ability is confirmed in-thread because it's been confirmed to you because you used it on yourself, or your bud used it on you.
You lost me here.
The accusation of me getting confused, thinking the Ability is confirmed in-thread --this part I understand.
The accusation about me or my scumbuddy using the Ability on me --this accusation came out of nowhere.
When it comes to Mafia, lying is normal. However, pulling nonsense out of nowhere is BS.
This is ridiculous to every Mafia/Werewolf Player, but I want hard proofs when someone accuses me.
I don't care how you accuse each other, but when it comes to me, then I want your proof first.

For real?
Zone, why do you ignore the flaws I mentioned in your theory about Muk/Tangela?
What you are doing is flavor hunting. It’s absolutely useless. Pokemon’s moves can be anything. There can be a Porygon with the move lock on that locks your vote on one target. Can’t you see how ridiculous this is?

Since no town claimed to have released Muk/Tangela, it must've been scum. There is no risk of town claiming to have used Muk/Tangela on Nick at all; not even any risk of getting killed by scum since other town with Pokemons with protective Abilities can protect the one who claimed to have used Muk/Tangela.
Not everyone's claimed their Pokémon, and even if everyone had, you couldn't know whether whoever used Muk or Tangela was scum. The Muk thing was just a theory, and one that proved not to be true at that since I was able to unvote Nick. No one's coming forward with either Pokémon, so it's best to move on, at least for now.
Or...you knew this and did the opposite thing on purpose? You've said before you make a lot of WIFOM posts, but you can't base a defense around that. Precisely because they're WIFOM.

That being said, there's also this:
I TRULY don't care what other Players say. I want my results. I don't care whether you all see me as a hindrance or scum.
This seems genuine to me, but has a slight jester vibe to it. Why don't you care whether we see you as scum/hindrance? If you were town, surely you wouldn't let us waste an entire day lynching you?

This makes sense.

Everyone knows about the Pokemons though. This is a Pokemon server after all. But alright, go on.

You lost me here.
The accusation of me getting confused, thinking the Ability is confirmed in-thread --this part I understand.
The accusation about me or my scumbuddy using the Ability on me --this accusation came out of nowhere.
When it comes to Mafia, lying is normal. However, pulling nonsense out of nowhere is BS.
This is ridiculous to every Mafia/Werewolf Player, but I want hard proofs when someone accuses me.
I don't care how you accuse each other, but when it comes to me, then I want your proof first.
We don't have any hard proof on day 1. It was a theory, but one that you don't have a reasonable response to. Why did you think the ability of Muk/Tangela is confirmed? The reason I'm pressing on this is because of this:
For real?
Zone, why do you ignore the flaws I mentioned in your theory about Muk/Tangela?
What you are doing is flavor hunting. It’s absolutely useless. Pokemon’s moves can be anything. There can be a Porygon with the move lock on that locks your vote on one target. Can’t you see how ridiculous this is?
It's one of the hokiest lines of reasoning I've seen even on Day 1 on a mafia game. It's based purely in flavour, but not even well. Looking at my list of Pokémon I do have to say that all of the moves make sense for the Pokémon it is (i.e. it would make a lot of sense for Muk to have Sludge, or Tangela to have Vine Whip) but the effects those moves have are not obvious at all. In some cases, sure, but in others, not really.

But then you have the aspect to this line of reasoning of you're focussing on the Pokémon, when Drac seems to have focussed on the moves. You're saying "well Muk has the sort of adhesive nature to its body, so it must be Muk", but what move would that be? At least for me, all my Pokémon's moves are level up from Gen I (someone else feel free to disprove this theory, though), which means Muk's move options are Pound, Disable, Poison Gas, Minimize, Sludge, Harden, Screech, & Acid Armour. Which of these has the effect we're assuming Muk has? The closest I could see is Screech, but that's not STAB, and all my Pokémon seem to have STAB moves as well, so the real choices are Poison Gas, Sludge, & Acid Armour. Do you see the holes in the theory? You should, because scattered laid them out already.

This is why I think you must know something that we don't know. I don't see another justification for pursuing this line of logic for so long, because it's phenomenally faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back