Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm here but not really here. I'll analyze and stuff tomorrow but I'd be interested to view floaters on the BB case and see their interactions again now knowing that he's a townie.

Article on ciphers in Gravity Falls for those with the time and interest to figure it out.

##VOTE: Lorde General lack of commitment from you yesterday is pretty scummy, and you were pretty wishy-washy about which side you were leaning towards. I can't tell whether you thought I was town and shouldn't be lynched, or quite possibly mafian and should be lynched. Question: what were you trying to do by off-voting onto Jabberwock (context: the reason given was tjat Jabber was being "more aggressive than normal").
I thought you were the best lynch. Didn’t exactly get on before EoD so I couldn’t wrap up my thoughts. But hey, you’re back, I haven’t seen a Retributionist on forum mafia before.

What was I trying to do by voting Jabber? I didn’t recognize his aggression and since I considered you scummy him stickin his neck out to defend you made him look shady imo as well. But you flipped town, so I have no reason to vote him at this point.

I’ve made it incredibly clear that I didn’t have much time to play the game like I had in the past, and that includes lack of commitment when you’re often unable to keep up with the thread. I should have more time for Day 2, because I have no school next week, though. I mean, when I don’t have as much time to spend posting I’m not gonna play normally, because I’m normally on the more active side.

Good for simsands for reviving bbninjas!
Now analyzing why Mafia chose simsands for the nightkill. I'm reading the posts sim did on Day 1 to find something he said that could interfere with Mafia plans. I'm excluding his posts talking about bbninjas because we know for sure he is town.

@Jabberwock if I was really scumbuddies with Camo there would be absolutely no way I would sheep him this much. I'd come up with fake reads or sheep someone who wasn't my scumbuddy. I honestly think Camo is right about bb, and somewhat about you.

Is Camo scum who's got me pocketed or are we scumbuddies? Pick one.
I've been getting some bad vibes from Gekki this game, but this post pushed me over the edge. The amount of WIFOM is shooting through the roof, and he's completely glossing over what, based on this post, I believe is likely true, that Gekki is scum attempting to pocket Camo.
Here he questions Gekki actions.

What??? He (Gekki) is playing extremely different from how he played the last two games, which is one of the main reasons why he's one of my top scum reads. He has previously been sticking his head out and playing very aggressively, while this game he's hiding behind other players and slipping under the radar.
Questioning Gekki's actions again and saying he is one of his top scum reads.

Mason is a terrible claim for scum buddies. We are borderline confo town.
Especially since they're the main protagonists of the show. Having protagonist neighbors with one scum isn't unthinkable, but protagonist "mason" scumbuddies is extremely unlikely.
I have a question regarding this. Why did sim day that mason scumbuddies is extremely unlikely?

The only thing that makes me suspicious of their claim is Camo's active ability, which doesn't feel towny at all.
And here he finds something a bit strange about Camo's ability.

So, what I see from Sim is that, apart from bb, he questioned Gekki and Camo (a little) even after they claimed. That makes me doubt a bit if Gekki's and Camo's claim are true.
A question to the more experienced players: If we suppose that both of them are actually Mafians, what are the risks for them to claim what they claimed? Some of you said that would be an extremely risk play, but why?

Because if one dies and flips scum, the jig is up. Camo's ability prevents us from seeing who voted who when, and not knowing when hammers happen or how frequently votes happen. It's annoying and not specifically pro town, which is why simsands doubted him. I'm not sure what Jade was thinking, but I believe their claim.

@bbninjas what are your thoughts on PMJ? He was like your only scumread yesterday.
General lack of commitment
Did I say anything yesterday? Why are you only picking on lorde.
Excellent point. ##VOTE: RAINYMAN123
I thought you were the best lynch. Didn’t exactly get on before EoD so I couldn’t wrap up my thoughts. But hey, you’re back, I haven’t seen a Retributionist on forum mafia before.
That's all fine and dandy, but I had to go back to page 13 to find a post from you where you directly stated your thoughts on bb. Your vote wasn't on him at the end of the day. What changed your mind?
I’ve made it incredibly clear that I didn’t have much time to play the game like I had in the past, and that includes lack of commitment when you’re often unable to keep up with the thread. I should have more time for Day 2, because I have no school next week, though. I mean, when I don’t have as much time to spend posting I’m not gonna play normally, because I’m normally on the more active side.
You're also normally on the more productive side. Who do you think is scum going into Day 2?
Because if one dies and flips scum, the jig is up.
That's solid actually; I'll buy that. Think sim's logic was largely centered on the flavor of their claim, though.

List of currently living players and their professed stances on bb at the end of the day (bold denotes having their vote on bb at EoD1). The alignment next to their name is what they thought bb was, not necessarily my own read on them. If their name is hyperlinked, it links to their last post of the day with reference to bb. If their name isn't hyperlinked, it's because they're either inactive or Camo or Gekki.
2. Robin Aisaga –– NULL LEANING TOWN
4. The Last Shaymin –– (INACTIVE)
5. Mariano11887 –– TOWN
6. rainyman123 –– (INACTIVE)
7. NinjaPenguin –– SCUM
8. Jabberwock –– NULL LEANING TOWN

9. GM Draclord –– (INACTIVE)
10. PMJ –– SCUM
11. Lord o da rings –– NULL LEANING SCUM
12. MegaPod_781 –– NULL
13. Camoclone –– SCUM
14. GekkisaiDaini –– SCUM

@MegaPod_781, I assume by now you've caught up with reading the thread. You had very few reads not named Camoclone yesterday––what're your thoughts now?

I've been busy and don't have the time to read currently. I think Mariano is scum. We have three confo towns which is nice.

##VOTE: MARIANO

I'm on mobile rn, and it's late and I couldn't bother to quote shit.

Jabber, nothing changed my mind, I was busy at EoD and never had time to place a vote on BB, and put my money where my mouth was. I would've otherwise. As for who's scum, going into today I can't say I'm looking into anything in particular. One thing I see that went wrong was D1 was built on the assurance that BB was scum, and we'd go from there. But he wasn't, and that sets up back because instead of going immediately for the people tied to a scum flip, we have to look elsewhere for scummy actions and scummy people. I have nothing right now. I'm curious to see why Camo thinks Mariano's scum though.

@GekkisaiDaiNi results from your ability?

PMJ targeted Robin Aisaga.

I'd make a substantial post but it's 10 o clock and I'm lazy. Tomorrow I am beginning ISOs of every single player in the game that isn't myself, Camo, or bb. So watch out.
Could of at least told us your abilities have been switched your confusing me ;~;

Apparently you two are confirmed town so why wouldn’t y’all say if your abilities got swtiched? (Unless your not town 0:)

Yes I have the ability to switch abilities.

Article on ciphers in Gravity Falls for those with the time and interest to figure it out.

I tried every Ceasar Cipher shift on yesterdays note (that includes Atbash Cipher) but nothing sensible came out. I also tried vigenere on todays note with Gravity as the key but it's still gibberish. So it is either a combination of encryptions, another key or none of the methods on that page work, or I suck at decoding...

Anyway I'm going to partly read day 1 again and do some remarks later. @PMJ Do you care to explain the targeting?

Not at this time, no.

I tried working with the cipher but it's likely a combination of two ciphers and if it is vigenere we need the key to be useful. Tried checking previous posts but didn't see anything useful.

My current scum leans are PMJ and Lord.

Why PMJ? PMJ described the case on BBninjas as ‘’solid’’. Although BBninjas lynch somewhat had the potential to provide us with information I wouldn’t describe it as a very solid case. Anyway, before this PMJ comments that he doesn’t personally care that BBninjas is lynched, just that a lynch happens. These are contradicting comments. Also note that PMJ did not delve into any case besides BBninjas.

Also this comment from simsands is worth noting:
PMJ's vote on bb was very icky and his last post didn't help him either, with that weird assumption that bb's lynch was scum-driven. Unsure if it actually is OOC for day 1, though...

Jabber's defense on bb from last page isn't that bad. He's making solid arguments but isn't re-reading back to verify all his facts. They're still holding up to some extent.

And there’s Lord who looks more scummy with every comment.
Jabber, nothing changed my mind, I was busy at EoD and never had time to place a vote on BB, and put my money where my mouth was. I would've otherwise.

This is bull. You had time to put a vote in when you commented the case on BBninja’s was the best one. But you don’t dare to back your comment with a vote. This kind of half work just shows how withholding you are of getting involved.

##VOTE: Lord o da rings

@GM DracLord @The Last Shaymin We didn't get a good read on either of you because of the lack of comments / distribution yesterday. For the sake of knowing where you stand it would be a good idea to do reads, preferably on all players.

I said it was solid for day one. That is a key difference you're omitting.

Please explain how me wanting a lynch to happen, but not caring who it is, is contradictory.

re simsands's quoted post, I have no idea what he was talking about. I didn't say anything about bb's lynch being scum-driven, unless he's referring to when I said that it was within the realm of possibility that Camoclone would bus his partner day one.

What about that quote do you find is worth mentioning? You didn't say.

@PMJ The contradiction is when you said you didn't have a preferenced lynch (at all) but obviously you strongly prefered BBninjas.

I qouted simsands post since I agree with his reasoning there, it is also one of the few scummy things simsands pointed out that wasn't in the direction of BB, Gekki or Camo. Which are all basically confirmed town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back