News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Blui

lv85 paladin
It doesn't do anything. It doesn't give you new information, it doesn't draw you cards, it doesn't affect the board state. It does nothing.

Terrible card.

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
Its a theoretically useful card for a deck that doesn't take prizes. If sableye garbodor ran this and town map it could get a prized life dew out of its prizes for instance

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I doubt it. Playing Town Map lets you control exactly what you get in prizes. If you play Rotomdex after, you will likely get those cards back in your deck, but then you wouldn't know exactly what your prizes are again. Better off just playing Town Map
You're right. Whoops. :p

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Its a theoretically useful card for a deck that doesn't take prizes. If Sableye garbodor ran this and town map it could get a prized life dew out of its prizes for instance
The problem is that it's such an astronomical happenstance. If someone was playing Sableye and they found out that it was prized, it would be way more efficient to scoop and move on to game 2.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Hmm, the card doesn't do anything new. Perhaps if it let you pick what goes into the Prize card, it would be cool. As it stands, Town Map is better if you want to do anything with your prizes. Perhaps if they stayed face up, assuming you played Town Map, then maybe but that is still two cards in a 60 card deck that do nothing for you.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Well you can use this with cards that show you your prizes so if you need something that is in your prizes you can just use it and get it out.
But then what happens if you reprize something else that you need?

Also, it doesn't actually get you the card. It just makes it easier for you to get it.

This card is awful.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Rotom Dex - Oooohhh! This card looks nice in the competitive play. Very very useful. Maybe 1-2 in every deck. It'll get you desired cards back in the deck which are in the Prize Land, hopefully! You're the meta!

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Rotom Dex - Oooohhh! This card looks nice in the competitive play. Very very useful. Maybe 1-2 in every deck. It'll get you desired cards back in the deck which are in the Prize Land, hopefully! You're the meta!
Uhhhh I don't think you understand competetive play

This card isn't interesting, but waaaaay too situation-specific (couldn't remember the right word) for mine (and probably everyone else's) liking

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I don't fully get those who say this card is terrible. If you know your decklist, you can generally figure out the important things that are prized within the first deck search. If there's a number of important/vital cards prized, you have something of an "out" via the Rotom PokeDex. Especially so if you're talking about about a mill deck, where you don't take prizes; or a gimmicky deck. If you play the card in the right circumstances, there is a very high chance that you will draw more "favourable" prize cards, and perhaps save yourself a loss.

My only concern would be that it's highly situational. I haven't been following competitive play one-hundred percent, but I think that there is more ways to get the Trainers that you want now. It is sorta like the Rotom from Undaunted, which I believe got used somewhat, so I think there's some potential.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
Rotom UD was good as it would only switch one prize card a turn but could be used over and over again and you would stop using it once the thing you needed was back in the deck. Saw success with Durant NVI.

This is basically a one-time use thing and generally will only be used if you find you have terrible prizes, and too hard to find when you really need it

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
I don't fully get those who say this card is terrible. If you know your decklist, you can generally figure out the important things that are prized within the first deck search. If there's a number of important/vital cards prized, you have something of an "out" via the Rotom PokeDex. Especially so if you're talking about about a mill deck, where you don't take prizes; or a gimmicky deck. If you play the card in the right circumstances, there is a very high chance that you will draw more "favourable" prize cards, and perhaps save yourself a loss.

My only concern would be that it's highly situational. I haven't been following competitive play one-hundred percent, but I think that there is more ways to get the Trainers that you want now. It is sorta like the Rotom from Undaunted, which I believe got used somewhat, so I think there's some potential.

From my understanding, the problem is the risk/reward of it is not in your favor. You might get something important back, but you could also get it as a prize again along with some other major cards. You can't control what goes back and what doesn't.

Using it just too big of a risk. Don't understand why someone would willingly reshuffle and draw new prizes that you cannnot see now.

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
The problem is that it's such an astronomical happenstance. If someone was playing Sableye and they found out that it was prized, it would be way more efficient to scoop and move on to game 2.

When I played in VA regionals last year I had life dew prized in 3 diff rounds and super rod in 3 diff rounds (1 of those overlapping rounds). Its not really astonomical odds to have at least one of those prized and/or some other cards in the deck. Also Sableye garbodor sort of loses or ties if you have to scoop a game 1, just saying. You can win a game sure in the next 35-40 minutes, but any half decent opponent won't lose game 3. Its one of the major problems sableye garbodor has - one game loss is effectively the same as being limited to at MOST a tie and in this current era with 640+ master regionals, that makes it incredibly difficult to top cut.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
This card is only good if you're very bad at counting...

It looks nice for a trainer card though.