Alolan Raichu, Wishawashi, Pyukumuk, Morelull Revealed in Early Leaks!

Alolan Raichu is cute, but my question is, will Hau have an Alolan Pichu/Pikachu too? We saw him use Pichu in the demo during E3, and if Alolan Pichu is a thing, it'll be the first non-Kanto Pokémon to get an Alolan forme. Wishiwashi is an instant member on my team! It's sincle forme is super cute, and it's school form looks awesome, so I can't wait to use one! Pyukumuku is also super cute, and I can't wait to see what Innards Out does, and to see it fight using it's stomach! Morelull is super cute, but it looks kinda basic/forgettable tbh. Hopefully it evolves into something more memorable! Seeing Meowths sprite makes me like it more - it looks so sassy and Marowak looks good too! Also Plumeria is working that hair, she looks super fierce!

Last question though: Why do the Skull Grunts make a monkey pose in the screenshot?

I;m surprised they gave Raichu an Alolan forme because that means Pikachu will probably an Alolan forme,

I always wondered how Puka could sense things I guess she was a Psychic type Pikachu

Wait, if Raichu gets an alola form then wouldn't pikachu get one, and even more importantly, if Pichu got one then it would confirm that not only gen 1 pokemon get alolan forms. anyone else sick of the love gen 1 is getting?

Nope, Pikachu will probably stay the same. We already saw regular Pikachu in this trailer:

Also, in this trailer, you can see regular Exeggcute evolves to Alolan Exeggutor

nothing negative to say. All interesting at worst and in instantly appealing at best.

I'm naming my Raichu "Kahanamoku" <3<3<3<3

EDIT: Making Electric terrain function like other weather is a really great idea in theory and will certainly have some applications if they continue to base abilities around it. It also instantly counters Dark Void, which is handy.

Last edited:
Woah, I wasn't expecting Alolan Raichu to be floating.

Can't say I'm a fan of Pokemon floating that look like they shouldn't be able to. I thought the whole point of Alolan Raichu was it was like a surfer dude. What's the point of surfing on water when you can fly everywhere? And how does the Alolan environment explain Pikachus evolving to have telekinetic powers? I need more info on this one.

Morelull and Alolan Meowth are seen at night in this trailer, and they both have pretty nocturnal designs. Fomantis has also been described as being active at night. I'm really hoping the day/night cycle will play a bigger role than ever before. The games are called Sun and Moon after all!

Alolan Raichu better be able to learn Surf, or it would be the worst wasted opportunity in the history of the Pokémon franchise.

It's rare I say this, but I really like Alolan Raichu. It has a change in appearance (besides just color) and has a neat typing too! As long as there is no Alolan Pichu/Pikachu, I'm happy.

It's rare I say this, but I really like Alolan Raichu. It has a change in appearance (besides just color) and has a neat typing too! As long as there is no Alolan Pichu/Pikachu, I'm happy.

The newly updated trailer shows Alolan Raichu evolving from a regular Pikachu (and same for Alolan Marowak and regular Cubone), so it seems like that will be the case, yes.

Am I really of one of the few who doesn't like Alolan Raichu?? Raichu is one of my favorites, think they really screwed him up by making him similar to the other new generation Pokemon; with simple round shapes. It looks more like a balloon than an actual creature..

That's one of the reasons I don't like this upcoming generation in general. They're so simple, no inspiration at all. Like they didn't put in any effort at all.. Let's draw a circle, have it some weird shapes sticking out and color it. They're even more childish than Pokemon ever were.

Al0lan Raichu is fantastic.
Is there any word on whether that's its only possible ability, or if there will be some other option?

I like the Alolan Form Pokemon, but for years hoped for Something more Epic for Raichu, like a Metal/Lighting mega Raichu.

I also see that they Don't pick Pokemon that have mega Evolutions to have Alolan Formes. Why would that be? Can't mega Pokemon have Alolan Formes?

Team Skull is ok. But I hoped for a more fitting team, like geologists or wild man who live in the jungle. Pirates will be cool too but these are more like thugs.

I also hope that they will be showing more Evolutions soon. That will give this generation more body.

I'm also missing jungle Pokemon and volcanic Pokemon for Alolan.

Maybe im crazy and this may seem a little far-fetched at this point, but I still feel like there will be an Alolan Pikachu/Exeggcute/Cubone etc.
The trailers dont technically show them completely evolving, and just because we see the regular versions in the game, doesnt mean they wouldnt have them. In the trailers, it shows the evolution cut scene, but then it skips the part where they actually evolve and cuts right to them already in battle. This may just be for time saving purposes, or it may be because they didnt want to reveal them yet. I feel like they wouldnt waste a chance to give Pikachu more eye candy. They also showcase Meowth, but no Persian, and I doubt they would give a form to a preform and not the evolved as well, meaning there should definitely still be at least several more Alolan forms to be showcased. This would also mean that they dont necessarily need to debut the whole evo line at the same time, they want them to have their own spotlight.
Also, for all we know, any regular Pokemon not obtained in Alola will just evolve into an Alolan form Pokemon no matter what, which would explain regular Pikachu to an Alolan Raichu.

Idk, Its just hard for me to make sense of the whole evolutionary line not getting an Alolan form if one does. The Exeggutor kinda makes sense, but what reason do they have for Raichu and Marowak? Why would they get new forms and not their preforms?

Maybe im wrong, but Id be willing to bet on it.

Why do the Skull Grunts make a monkey pose in the screenshot?
Maybe it got something to do with hiphop style this team has? That's just my impression though.

So they didn't reveal anything about a new island huh? I thought that because they mention Akala island in Lurantis' description we'll got something soon, like the Tapu guardian of Akala, but we didn't. Despite that, it's still good to see the evil team moving around like that. Now they don't look as silly anymore to me.

I'm not surprised about Alolan Raichu. It's only natural since Meowth also got one.
And at last we got another Grass/Fairy pokemon. Seriously there are so many Pokemon I thought will have this typing but not. Hopefully it evolves at least once.

Maybe im crazy and this may seem a little far-fetched at this point, but I still feel like there will be an Alolan Pikachu/Exeggcute/Cubone etc.
The trailers dont technically show them completely evolving, and just because we see the regular versions in the game, doesnt mean they wouldnt have them. In the trailers, it shows the evolution cut scene, but then it skips the part where they actually evolve and cuts right to them already in battle. This may just be for time saving purposes, or it may be because they didnt want to reveal them yet. I feel like they wouldnt waste a chance to give Pikachu more eye candy. They also showcase Meowth, but no Persian, and I doubt they would give a form to a preform and not the evolved as well, meaning there should definitely still be at least several more Alolan forms to be showcased. This would also mean that they dont necessarily need to debut the whole evo line at the same time, they want them to have their own spotlight.
Also, for all we know, any regular Pokemon not obtained in Alola will just evolve into an Alolan form Pokemon no matter what, which would explain regular Pikachu to an Alolan Raichu.

Idk, Its just hard for me to make sense of the whole evolutionary line not getting an Alolan form if one does. The Exeggutor kinda makes sense, but what reason do they have for Raichu and Marowak? Why would they get new forms and not their preforms?

Maybe im wrong, but Id be willing to bet on it.
Well, it doesn't make sense to show the evolving scene just to trick us...
A regular ground type Cubone evolving into a fire/ghost Marowak really is kinda weird. Maybe mother Marowak managed to protect her child so that Cubone isn't under the pressure to adapt to?
Besides i believe a Cubone caught in another region or bred from a regular Marowak will evolve into a regular Marowak even in Alola. Regional forms are discribed to come from long time adaption.

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but Doc Brown and Marty went back in time again, and now the Doc is evil. Maybe the 'elite four'-like part is actually you trying to find Marty and tell him to fix everything? I love it, Pokemon is really trying some new things with this gen.

My only problem with the Alolan Raichu is that is didn't a) gain the Flying type or b) get Levitate. With that design, at least one of those things should have been given to it!

I really like Wishiwashi too, it reminds me of those fish at the end of Finding Nemo. (Is that spoilers? Is been out for over 13 years...)

Alola Marowak is amazing as well, with it using it's bone as more of a bo staff.

All in all, Pokemon is doing really well with everything other than Bruxish. But hey, everyone gets a mistake here and there, right?

We must be grateful for every generation we get. Flaws and all. And you can't simply love al the designs equally. The mix of Pokemon is once again great and the new stuff is awesome too. If the gyms are gone, I will miss them but better things may come. And change doesn't have to be bad. This generation has so many surprises and I believe the best is yet to come. I can't wait till sun and Moon arrive! It will be Epic, once again!

I really like these new reveals. And, like many of you, I really like the Surfing Raichu. These Wishiwashi Forms made me a little confused, but I guess it'll be a little more clarified next week. At least I hope so.

I must admit I choked a little when I saw the name Pyukumuku the first time, then I started chuckling. In a way the name fits, even if it is a little "over the top"! :rolleyes:

Team Skull seems fitting, since I heard they are some kind of pirates (but that may be a misunderstanding, though!), seeing as this time we're visiting a Region of islands!

Back