Alolan Raichu, Wishawashi, Pyukumuk, Morelull Revealed in Early Leaks!

So we got a mushroom to go along with the sea cucumber from the chinese leaks. Is anyone keeping track of how many Pokémon were revealed/leaked/inferred so far?

Alolan Raichu: Now that's how you do an Alolan form! Not something like Meowth. Looks really cool, surfing on its tail due to its new psychic powers.

Wishiwashi: Don't know why people don't like the name... I knew this thing would be interesting. It doesn't evolve per say, but only needs to be at a certain level to be able to transform. I can't think right away what could be the advantages but it basically works like Mega Evolution without having to hold an item. And the School form looks awesome in the game.

Morelull: See, this isn't a very complex design but it's detailed enough for me to like it, unlike pyukumuku. It's also kinda cute. And finally another Grass/Fairy (other than Cottonee/Whimsicott).

Even more awesome Pokemon. I'm definitely liking Alolan Raichu but I;m surprised they gave Raichu an Alolan forme because that means Pikachu will probably an Alolan forme, making the Pokemon mascot look different. But either way, Alolan Raichu is awesome and it's also the first Electric/Psychic type Pokemon so far. I'm also interested to see what Surge Surfer does. It sounds like it have some to do with electric type moves or it might be a glorified levitate.

Wishiwoshi is also another favorite of mine from this reveal. Especially it's school forme. Hopefully it can stay in that form.

The other two, Morelull and Pyukumuku, aren't as interesting (although I'm interested in what Pyukumuku's ability, Innards Out, will do) they'll probably have evolutions judging from their appearance.

I LOVE Alolan Raichu. Really interested to see what its ability does (although judging from Raichu's design and it 'surfing' on its tail in the air makes me think it might just be a renamed Levitate but hopefully thats not the case). Double points for it being Electric/Psychic, that's a typing I've wanted to see for a while now.

The fish is kind of interesting. I'm wondering if its ability will just automatically work once it goes into battle after it reaches the required level (similar to Primal Reversion). Hopefully the school form gets upgraded stats.

I'm liking the mushroom, it's nice to see another Grass/Fairy. Interested to see what it evolves into.

I'm interested about the sea cucumber's ability, hopefully that gets an evolution.

I have to say I'm really liking all these new Pokemon (sans Bewear). This might be the first time that I'll have difficulty choosing what my full team of 6 will be (particularly since I'm not a huge fan of having overlapping types).

I like the Alolan Raichu. Maybe it can sense major tidal waves coming with its psychic abilities... So then surfers can have a shot at riding waves like the "Humunga-Dunga," like in the original anime! :)

Finally they showed off a new Electric combo and it was one of the ones I wanted. Didn't expect it on Raichu but now I have more of a reason to use one. Definitely putting it on my team.

Urgh... I really, really dislike the design of Alolan Raichu. I like the surfing on its tail aspect, but the rest... Ugh. Raichu was plenty cute enough before, without being doll-designed-for-two-year-old-girls levels of over the top. It just looks so bad to me in this form.

Morelull... It's one of those Pokemon I kinda like, but will probably forget about.

So the Surge Surfer ability doubling the speed of Raichu is going to make Raichu a better option in the VG. It will gain weaknesses to bug, dark, and ghost. But that's ok. MOre than anything, I love the way it looks. Treading some psychic waves. I love all the reveals actually. Huge points if Pikachu also gets an Alolan form.

So Surge Surfer doubles speed in Electric Terrain. First Tapu Koko and Alola Raichu, they're really trying to push Electric Terrain.

My opinions:

Pokemon:

-Wishiwashi. Not one of my favorites, but not one of my least favorites either. It's just meh to me.

-Pyukumuku. I like him a lot, but there's not enough room on my party for him.

-Morellul. Another forgotten grass type. I can see it now. But anyway, he's alright I guess.

Alola Forms:

-Alolan Marowak. I love this thing. Either he, or Alolan Exeggutor will get the last spot on my team.

-Alolan Meowth. I never liked Meowth in general, and I haven't strong feelings for this either. But it's a step up from the original in my opinion.

-Alolan Raichu. This may be the very first time I like the original better. What even is this thing? Why'd it gain the Psychic type, and why does it ride on its tail? Oh I get it... He thinks he's the Silver Surfer! (I'll shut up now) But how does this help him adapt to Alola? He better have a good reason, or my distaste for this will likely grow worse...

Evil Team:

After seeing these screenshots, and them in better lighting and all, I don't hate them anymore. They actually look... kinda like real thugs, and not just all the punks from all the other regions forming one massive group. I still wish that they'd have continued Team Flare's story, along with the XY and ORAS stiry all together, but I'll give these guys a chance.

Overall:

Well besides Alolan Raichu, this is all positive in my opinion at least. It only makes me even more hyped for these games! The only reason I'm a bit mad I'm writing this right now, is because I wanted the trailer on Friday to be a surprise. Now, it won't be.

The Chinese leaks are becoming more real every day. I just hope Litten's evo isn't true...
Sorry, but they've been accidentally confirmed. And actually, if only one of those starter evos was real. It'd be Litten's, simply because Mallow was in its artwork. Sorry to say pal, but he's real. But don't worry, the archer and the siren are both still solid starters (one of which being in my top 10 favorite Pokemon).

Wishawashi is definitely the "magikarp/Gyarados" of the region which is a pattern I didn't expect after Feebas and Milotic. This smol fish is hands down my favorite 7th gen mon and I can't wait to see what it can do competitively. #WishawashiMasterRace

I also love Pyukumuku's name because it literally vomits a weapon to battle. With confirmation of a sea cucumber and mushroom, we now we wait for our fated dolphin Pokemon.

Back