Alolan Raichu, Wishawashi, Pyukumuk, Morelull Revealed in Early Leaks!

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Well your not wrong about the mega stuff but Raichu and Exeggutor are fairly competitive Especially Exeggutor in gen 1 and raichu got faster in gen 6 so became a good fake out/encore pokemon. Also with only a change in type and ability known at the moment we cant be certain they well be any better than their original forms. But we can hope because i love exeggutor and i would love for it to have another chance at my new All Gen 7 team in either sun or moon or Star version. Had to put the skeptical 3rd game in there

yea exeggutor was good 20 years ago when pokemon came out i guess? lol. but right now both of them are at the depths of competitive viability in singles. i dont know if their new forms will help but really just giving any sort of love at all to these unloved pokemon is appreciated

i think at least exeggutor will be a definite improvement bc even though people are complaining about grass/dragon typing, grass/psychic is almost definitively the worst typing in the game with the most weaknesses as well as crippling sucker punch and pursuit weakness, so even a 4x ice weakness is a godsend in comparison. not to mention all those 4x resists!

Last edited:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
"Wishiwashi is very small—even for a Pokemon." Ahahahahaha.... This coming from a world with 3-foot tall gnats and hornets as regularly occuring things.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
I'm really not a big fan of alolan Raichu, mainly because of it's ears. Electric/Psychic is a cool typing though. I like all of the other new Pokemon that were revealed. Wishiwashi's gimmick is something I'm honestly really excited for!:D Team Skull looks pretty interesting. They don't really look as though their plans involve the legendaries, they look more like simple trouble makers.

Tfar22

Aspiring Trainer
Team Skull's theme is just about the best theme yet
Agreed.

Alolan Raichu is freaking amazing. I don't see how anyone could dislike it other than it changed the Pikachu line. (Raichu is a way better pokemon overall than Pikachu, just saying)

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Sigh... I wish it was Team Bulk and Skull...

Aloan Meowth might just be the most sassiest Aloan regional adaptation yet. I'm not sure what to think about the Aloan Raichu, it immediately looks too much like Audino. However its Silver Surfer-like concept is awe inspiring to say the least. Psychic was one of the only types I never thought of it ever being in association, the other being....

Bug.

Drokas

Who cares?
What's the point of surfing on water when you can fly everywhere?

Sorry, I had to!! :D:p
S9gpIJM.gif

RobertoBui

Aspiring Trainer
I am lovingggg the 7th generation so far.

My favorite Pokemon is Wishiwashi (Tho the name is kinda silly xD). It's just amazing. Badass like Gyarados. I don't know why it doesn't just evolve but we will see how it goes. The school form looks really like something from the scary depths of the ocean.

I also love the regional forms. So unique. And they don't need to be stronger then original forms. Just different, to show how good Pokemon can adapt to the environment. They're not Mega evolutions so I don't expect all Alola forms to be some crazy good picks for tournaments etc.. I just enjoy how unique they are.

BTW. can anyone give me or pm me the link to supposed pokedex leak? I know it might not be true but I just wanna read through it.

Though im really worried at this point that they have not revealed ANY clues or news for new mega evolutions, im praying that they won't forget about it

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
It's time for my EVALUATIONS!!!!
  • Alola Forms

1. Raichu- I like the design that looks like a "ElectroSurfer". Electric-Psychic typing is kinda surprising to me. I wonder what will the reaction of Ash's Pikachu on this.(If Ash continue his journey in Alola.) It's ability makes a team-up with TK (Tapu Koko), NICE!
  2. Marowak - I like it so much. What makes me strange is a Ghost-Fire one that has Lightning Rod ability? What is Cursed Body anyways? I also like the bio of it.
  3. Meowth - I like the Dark version of Meowth and the way it says it obtain its form due to its greediness. I wonder do it talks in the anime like the original Meowth?
  • New Pokemon
  1. Wishiwashi - (Until now I can't pronounce the name right.) I like this Pokemon! It is weak like Goomy and calls a help when the one is in danger, and forms a school of fishes forming a large one and Gyarados flees on it. Hehe! Funny thought.
  2. Morelull - I like this one, period!
  3. Pyukumuku - I like the bio of it, which are awful, dangerous, and friendly to Pokemon and Alolans. I like also the ability that is like "Self-destruct" effect that deals damage based on its remaining HP before KO. (Tip: Don't OHKO this one, or else.)
  • Team Skull
  1. Organization - I like the Gangster-like concept, and also their plot that most common gangters do--- stealing and ruining things. I wonder why they didn't include on their plot that they'll steal Legendaries and ruling the Alola? Is it because they're running out of theire budget, or is it becuase of their funky attire.
  2. Plumeria - I like the description of her that she is the "Big Sister" of the organzation. Her apperance is so.... UUGGHH!!
  3. Guzma - His name reminds me of "Kuzko" in a Disney movie. Is he a apprentice of a professor like Alain before? I'm curious. I like the term, "The one who never never become captains", which I don't know what is that mean, is he an aspiring trial captain before? I think think Team Skull Boss is powerful.
  4. Grunts - I like their cool and hippy appearance, reminds me of the gangsters in GTA (I only play Pokemon, guys.), what I am wondering why the org doesn't provide the attires their wearing and instead they buy their own?
What I am expecting for the next update?
  • Megas
  • Gyms
  • The English names of the Sand Castle and its evo + pre-evo of Bewear.
  • More Pokemon and also their evos.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I just thought of something. If you have a really strong physical attacker, couldn't it learn False Swipe to take down Pyumukumu to just 1HP, then finish it from there? Of course that wouldn't ever happen, because the odds of seeing one in competitive would be super low. But it's just a thought I just had...

ShinyArticuno

Aspiring Trainer
So, if there's an Alolan Raichu, there must be Alolan Pikachu and Pichu right? Likewise, if there's an Alolan Meowth, there must be an Alolan Persian.

I've got to say, I love what they're doing with the Pokemon this year, not only the Alolan forms - whoever had that idea deserves a mighty big promotion - but also the fact that a lot of the new Pokemon have some sort of importance/quirk attached to them; Wishiwashi and its Shoal form for instance. It's wonderful.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
So, if there's an Alolan Raichu, there must be Alolan Pikachu and Pichu right? Likewise, if there's an Alolan Meowth, there must be an Alolan Persian.
Wrong. We've seen Alolan Marowak and Alolan Exeggutor, but there prevolved forms don't have them. It's also been showcased that Hau has a Pichu in the games, which will likely become a regular Pikachu, then Alolan Raichu. I don't think that Gamefreak wants to mess with Pikachu's design, as that has a high chance of causing major uproars from Pokemon fans across the world.

However, since you mentioned Alolan Persian along with Alolan Meowth. Since its prevolution has an Alolan form, than its evolution pretty much has to.

Last edited:

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
This also interests me because it'd make no sense for regular Pokemon to randomly evolve into Alolan form Pokemon or Alolan forme Pokemon evolve into regular Pokemon, especially when Sandslash and Ninetales have full Alolan evolution lines (also Cubone goes from Ground to Fire/Ghost so it most certainly wouldn't make sense). I think that there are Alolan Pikachu, Cubone, Exeggcute and Persian, they just haven't revealed them yet (we're getting tons of new information so we're not missing out). Also remember that in the Japanese trailer they cut from the evolution just before they evolve so it's yet another reason.

This seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I 100% agree that it makes no sense for them to not give the whole line a new form. As you stated, why would the Vulpix and Sandshrew lines get them, but not the others? What environmental change can happen to influence only one stage? They have also neither confirmed nor denied it, yes we've seen sequences of the Pokemon evolving, but the video does not show the full process. We dont know if a foreign Vulpix will evolve into an Alolan Ninetales, or a regular Ninetales. Or, if an Alolan Vulpix will evolve into an Alolan Ninetales when transferred to a different game, etc. Will a foreign Pikachu evolve into an Alolan Raichu when transferred, or does it have to be native? We can't really say anything is a fact yet until we know more about how the Alolan forms work.
Even if we turn out to be wrong, I'd still be slightly peeved with GF for not being consistent with the designs. The only reason why I think they wouldnt do the other forms is because they didnt want to use the time and resources to produce "unnecessary" Pokemon.

Wrong. We've seen Alolan Marowak and Alolan Exeggutor, but there prevolved forms don't have them. It's also been showcased that Hau has a Pichu in the games, which will likely become a regular Pikachu, then Alolan Raichu. I don't think that Gamefreak wants to mess with Pikachu's design, as that has a high chance of causing major uproars from Pokemon fans across the world.

However, since you mentioned Alolan Persian along with Alolan Meowth. Since its prevolution has an Alolan form, than its evolution pretty much has to.

Again, they technically haven't confirmed how Alolan forms work yet. We cant say whats fact until they release more info about the forms. I know it may seem obvious with the way they presented the trailers, but for all we know, they could pull a 360 on us. They havent showed Persian yet, so we KNOW they are leaving something out (unless they were THAT inconsistent).
If they were going to release a new form for Pikachu, Pokemons biggest mascot, they would want to showcase him on his own day as it would be big news.

I don't think that Gamefreak wants to mess with Pikachu's design, as that has a high chance of causing major uproars from Pokemon fans across the world.

Just saying, but....

2ihqntz.jpg

344azgg.jpg

nxvqjm.jpg
9zplqs.png

It hasn't exactly not been done before.

I know they are minor changes or upgrades over the years, or clothes, but its still a change. An Alolan Pikachu doesn't have to be extravagant, it can even just be a recolor or something minor, it wouldnt be replacing regular Pikachu, and people know that. GF doesn't miss a chance to give Pikachu more spotlight.

Last edited:

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Team Skull's theme is just about the best theme yet
Agree, it's really cool! I'm also trying to understand what are the few words in the Team Skull's theme, but since I'm Italian it's a little bit hard... I understood "Skull" and "Guess what", but not the other words...

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
The new pokemon are very interesting, especially the fish with its school form. Alolan Raichu is incredible in my opinion. Btw, are people really demanding Alolan form for Pikachu? Because Pikachu doesn't have enough exclusive moves, different incarnations and unique stat boosting items o_O. Let Raichu shine a bit and carve its own niche. While I like designs of Team Skull grunts, their in-game movements during the battle are just ridiculous. Why do they have these exaggerated hand movements? Are they supposed to be caricatures of thugs that are into gangsta rap? One final complaint: I find it funny that Gamefreak though gyms were a worn out concept yet here we have sixth consecutive villainous team where grunts own a member of Zubat evolutionary line.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
I hope - for the sake of the TCG - these Alolan Formes are not named Alolan (Pokemon name) or (Pokemon name) [Alolan Forme]. I hope they will just be Vulpix, Ninetales, etc. But I think that is not going to Happen. I believe there will be Vulpix and Vulpix [Alolan Forme], otherwise you can evolve regular vulpix in Alolan Ninetales and I do not think that's the intention of TPCi.

I also hope that Ghost, Ice and Bug/Poison will get a spot in the TCG.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
This seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I 100% agree that it makes no sense for them to not give the whole line a new form. As you stated, why would the Vulpix and Sandshrew lines get them, but not the others? What environmental change can happen to influence only one stage? They have also neither confirmed nor denied it, yes we've seen sequences of the Pokemon evolving, but the video does not show the full process. We dont know if a foreign Vulpix will evolve into an Alolan Ninetales, or a regular Ninetales. Or, if an Alolan Vulpix will evolve into an Alolan Ninetales when transferred to a different game, etc. Will a foreign Pikachu evolve into an Alolan Raichu when transferred, or does it have to be native? We can't really say anything is a fact yet until we know more about how the Alolan forms work.
Even if we turn out to be wrong, I'd still be slightly peeved with GF for not being consistent with the designs. The only reason why I think they wouldnt do the other forms is because they didnt want to use the time and resources to produce "unnecessary" Pokemon.

Again, they technically haven't confirmed how Alolan forms work yet. We cant say whats fact until they release more info about the forms. I know it may seem obvious with the way they presented the trailers, but for all we know, they could pull a 360 on us. They havent showed Persian yet, so we KNOW they are leaving something out (unless they were THAT inconsistent).
If they were going to release a new form for Pikachu, Pokemons biggest mascot, they would want to showcase him on his own day as it would be big news.

Just saying, but....

2ihqntz.jpg

344azgg.jpg

nxvqjm.jpg
9zplqs.png

It hasn't exactly not been done before.

I know they are minor changes or upgrades over the years, or clothes, but its still a change. An Alolan Pikachu doesn't have to be extravagant, it can even just be a recolor or something minor, it wouldnt be replacing regular Pikachu, and people know that. GF doesn't miss a chance to give Pikachu more spotlight.

In a nutshell, Alolan forms are based a little more on real-world evolution, whereas normal Pokemon evolution has always been more like metamorphosis. When something undergoes metamorphosis it often doesn't occupy the same ecological niche anymore - things go from being aquatic to walking on land, and so on. But a species that adapts to a new environment doesn't necessarily change at every stage of its life cycle. So you have subspecies of frog that look different, and live in different areas, but still look the same when they're tadpoles, for instance.

In this analogy you might say Alolan Exeggutor is the new subspecies, and Exeggcute is the tadpole form. Exeggutor looks different because the strong sunlight of Alola allows it to grow taller. That doesn't mean it will look different when it's still in "seed" form. Exeggcute isn't affected by its environment in the same way as Exeggutor, because they're different pokemon with different niches.

Now, I think it's kinda funny that they don't even try to explain what made Alolan Raichu diverge from normal Raichu. And I'm a bit disappointed that Cubone didn't get a new form, because I thought there was lots of potential there for a Fire or Ghost Cubone, and it's literally unprecedented for a pokemon of X type to evolve into a pokemon of Y/Z type. And I hope Alolan Meowth doesn't evolve into Normal Persian. But there's nothing wrong or inconsistent about not filling out the rest of evolution lines with Alolan formes. I'm glad they're taking it case by case.

Also, I think people are getting too hung up on the evolution animation. Yes, they don't show Pikachu or Cubone complete the animation. They also don't show Alolan Sandshrew or Alolan Vulpix complete the animation. They don't show Grubbin or Charjabug complete the animation. That doesn't mean they're hiding something. Showing a pokemon start to evolve and immediately cutting to a new pokemon that's NOT its evolved form would be quite the bait-and-switch. The Pokemon Co isn't that sneaky. It just saves trailer time and lets players enjoy the full evolution moment for themselves.

I don't mean for this all to be @ you, Zielo, I've just seen people post about Alolan forms and evolution for the last few pages. :p

EthanLac

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know what it is, but these new Pokémon just seem more... forgettable than the old ones. I mean, if this was generation 1, these would be ingrained in our hearts, and we'd all be laughing about Ground-type Marowak, Fire-type Vulpix, and other such ones that we remember simply because they came first. However, the new ones... they just don't do it for me.

Also, Game Freak, I'm going to let you finish, I like that Pikachu isn't getting all the spotlight for once, but... really? Does this mean that I'll need to transfer in my Raichu from other games to avoid having a confusion-induced seizure every time I send it out? And why is there no explanation? Do pancakes confer psychic powers in Alola? Did they grind up too many Exeggcute to make the flour? The world may never know.