Alolan Raichu, Wishawashi, Pyukumuk, Morelull Revealed in Early Leaks!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
After reading Pyukumuku's pokedex entries. I cried a little bit. It's so dedicated and loyal to this spot, it'll starve? That's both sad, and noble.

And Alolan Marowak adapted to protect its babies!? THE FEELS!!!

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
They certainly chose the right bad guys this time. Each one looks like they want to sell or play you their mix-tape and i gotta be honest...I just would give up if that happened. "Here, take my Pokemon! Just get that crap away!"*Hops on a boat and paddles to Kanto where REAL bad guys wont torture you so much*

WrightJustice

Aspiring Trainer
This also interests me because it'd make no sense for regular Pokemon to randomly evolve into Alolan form Pokemon or Alolan forme Pokemon evolve into regular Pokemon, especially when Sandslash and Ninetales have full Alolan evolution lines (also Cubone goes from Ground to Fire/Ghost so it most certainly wouldn't make sense). I think that there are Alolan Pikachu, Cubone, Exeggcute and Persian, they just haven't revealed them yet (we're getting tons of new information so we're not missing out). Also remember that in the Japanese trailer they cut from the evolution just before they evolve so it's yet another reason.
Except Hau's Pichu looks normal and Pikachu seems normal too. The difference is they're from alola and their evolution becomes alolan Raichu, same with Cubone and Exeggcute.
I should think that if you sent a Pikachu over from XY then it would evolve into normal Raichu, at least that is how it should work (in my opinion) despite no actual difference in the Pikachu forms.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Except Hau's Pichu looks normal and Pikachu seems normal too. The difference is they're from alola and their evolution becomes alolan Raichu, same with Cubone and Exeggcute.
I should think that if you sent a Pikachu over from XY then it would evolve into normal Raichu, at least that is how it should work (in my opinion) despite no actual difference in the Pikachu forms.

It's very possible that you can catch both the Alolan forme Pokemon and the normal Pokemon. As I pointed out with Sandslash and Ninetales, whats the point of giving those two Alolan evolution lines, and especially with Cubone since it'd completely change types and moveset upon evolution (and Alolan Meowth as well because it'd go from Dark to Normal). And as I said in my previous quote, in the Japanese trailer, they cut just before Pikachu or Cubone actually evolve, making it very likely that Alolan Pikachu and Cubone could be revealed at a later date.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer

What if the new Alola Raichu, is technically a "food related" evolution, just as the data from the site indicated it as?
(the sweet pancake joke)

If I recall correctly, Hau enjoys eating a lot (big appetite),
(as a result whenever he eats, he feeds his Pichu/Pikachu)
and let's not forget that the new Poke-amie like thing probably has a feeding function.

It'll be a great way to get people to try to use the new/revamped feature,
just like how we needed Poke-amie to get Sylveon

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Plumeria looks like a goth version of Lovrina from XD: Gale of Darkness.

Also, Wishiwashi's Ability is really unique. Should be interesting to see it in battle because it has potential.

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
I don't think it is, since it used Spore in the Japanese trailer, and it had a different animation than the one seen in this trailer.

Are you sure that wasn't Sleep Powder? That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that trailer.

Avery Lv. 100

Poketto Monsuta! (Steel Pokemon Master)
Aight. Can everyone stop with the Alolan Raichu hate? Regardless of its tiny flaws--it's cool regardless...it's a goddamn surfing RAICHU lol. And what's this? It's impressive speed DOUBLES in an easily dropped ElecT? Idk, pretty cool mechanic i think a lot of people will adopt in competitive play. It's obvious, too that The Pokemon Company is trying to mix and blend every type before it's all said and done. Overall the very idea of an Alolan version of any pokemon is weird-but like everything Pokemon throws at us, we learn to accept and enjoy lol. It's a new generation based on sweet Hawaii :D how rad is that?! Looks like every island will be very explorable. Idk about you guys, but after sticking with the games for this long, it's just gonna be a fun and fresh, yet infamously familiar game.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Are you sure that wasn't Sleep Powder? That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that trailer.
Oh, I didn't even think of that, but you're right, it could've been Sleep Powder. It's annoying with all these powder and spore moves that all have the same or similar effects, it confuses me :p

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Meh, kinda disappointing Wishiwashi goes back to normal if it receives too much damage. I hope Schooling it's not the opposite of Power Construct, in the sense that, it goes back to the Solo form after taking more than 50% damage... That would be lame.

Also don't like that Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak and completely changes its type. I don't mind Exeggcute and Pikachu not having Alola Forms because their Alola evos share at least one of their types with them. But Cubone, remaining pure Ground, evolving into a Fire/Ghost... I don't know, just feels wrong.
It's not like Eevee who's supposed to be neutral in typing and have its evolutions cover the other types. This is a complete change of type for no reason. They could have easily made a pure-Fire or Fire/Ground Alolan Cubone which would then evolve into the Fire/Ghost Marowak. Also, why is Marowak part Ghost again? Because it gained a sixth sense? Not good enough for me.
Speaking of which, even though I really like Alolan Raichu and its new Psychic-type, not having an explanation for the change is just lazy...

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Wow, it seems like Wishiwashi's friends will run away if one of them is in trouble, lol... They're just not good friends! :D

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I think it'd be fairly hard to do a hand shape of a skull. The only way I can think to do it would be to cup your hands to make a half-circle and then use your thumbs to make the chin part.

EthanLac

Aspiring Trainer
wait what

what is this

what is going on

electric/psychic type

more alolan forms

what is this i don't even

sandcastles that eat cute electric rats

hivemind fish and fighting sea cucumbers

i just can't

In all seriousness, though, I don't think that that the more popular of the electric rats will get an Alolan form. It just seems to be a boost to forgotten Pokemon.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
That's probably true, but it still looks horrible. Maybe they could've just made a hand sign or something instead?
I found this on tumblr yesterday and it all clicked for me.
image.png
It makes sense since the gaps form the eye sockets and their torso and waist form the skull itself. It's very apparent on the female grunt thanks to her white shorts.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Oh, am I going to take pleasure in hunting down each one of these punks. Just like with team flare. I do not forgive that much lack of taste.

Oh, right, and some new pokemon; I don't care, I have alola ninetales and that's all I needed.
Wait, they didn't even bother to come up with a reason for surfer dude raichu? Well done, GF; you might as well come out and say you did it only because it needs something over pikachu.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I just thought of something... I'm expecting Alolan Meowth to evolve into an Alolan Persian, it just hasn't been revealed yet... BUT, what if there could be another possibility?
What if Alolan Meowth evolved into a new pokémon?
I think it would make a lot of sense to have some Alola forms evolve into different Pokémon instead of alolan versions of their usual evolutions. It would take the differentiation between species even further.
I also thought of this for Mega Evos. If they make an alolan form for a pokémon that can Mega evolve, I don't think they would make another Mega Evolution for that pokémon just to match its Alolan form. So, I think it would also be interesting if some Alolan forms could Mega Evolve while their regular counterparts don't...

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Ok, I've a few things to say about this.

Morelull
I love this cutie here, and I can't help but feel like it'll evolve into what would happen if Togekiss and Amoongus did a little fusion dance, so I'm actually pretty scared of it too. I mean, imagine Gen 4 Togekiss and the best competitive Amoongus you've seen and that's what I imagine. Also, 3 pounds for something that's barely even reaching a foot tall and is that skinny? Are the mushrooms all really that heavy?

Pyukumuku
As usual, when I saw the corocoro scans, I thought it looked bleh. Now seeing it in HD, I can't help but realize it's like a little slimy bunny from the sea! I imagine it'll evolve into a sea hare, possibly being a new Shellos/Gastrodon thing? Either way, I'm really looking forward to petting one of these little squishies! : 3

Wishiwashi
I saw a fakemon artist make an idea similar to this several times, where a fish pokemon becomes a school. Well, in his designs, it was via evolution and much more like Magnemite's line, but this I think I like more. It gives me a vibe reminiscent to that of Finneon, a tiny helpless little thing that just likes to swim around and look nice. As for that School form... I cannot - cannot - get over it's look! It's like the embodiment of the ocean itself is going to wreck everything with one apocalyptic Hydro Pump! Heck, I feel Hydro Pump doesn't fit enough... Sounds too weak... Hydro Eruption!! Yes!! Also, I'm a bit of a sucker for tiny pokemon turn giant, like Hoopa.

Alolan Marowak
I don't have much to say about it since I never was fond of Marowak much, but I must say, they did a good job on it's design! It definitely looks more ghostly and related to death! And I love how that black mark on it's head is actually from it rubbing the bone on it to light it. Also, I noticed it's slimmer... I wonder if that means it's faster with lower HP? Final thing is I love how it has bones on it's back.

Alolan Raichu
Finally, I feel like Raichu will finally be able to be used competitively once again if not for the first time! Yay! Plus, it's got that nice tan now and some freaking adorable ears! Honestly, my favorite part is the "maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!" I'm hoping, if it gets a different hidden ability than regular Raichu, it gets Levitate.

Alolan Meowth
All I want to say is Glameow. But, I'm sure Alolan Persian will help me not see it as a clone of a future...past... something generation pokemon. (Seriously, does it still count as gen 1 or gen 7??)

Team Skull
Loving the designs so much! I can actually see these guys as a gang (which is what teams are known as in Japan) and, y'know, not trying to take over the world? I mean, when was the last time we had an evil team do something that doesn't involve the whole world? I'm sure these guys are gonna do something like "If Guzma can't be captain, we'll shut down the challenges and start our own thing where he can be on top!" And, by that I mean, I imagine them trying to shut down the challenges and start their own Alola League, maybe even overhearing about a legendary pokemon and stealing it or something. Well, actually, I oddly can't see these guys stealing as much as I can see them going all Jet Set Radio. Last thing about them I'm gonna say is that I love how they use different pokeballs for once! Grunts have Safari Balls and Plumeria has an Ultra Ball! Wondeful!