Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys not understand what "no internet" means? \•_•/

Lemme go compile everything that was raised against me and respond it.

Hence why you neglected to comment 24 hours before your convenient no internet. \•_•/

I can bet you $100 that someone will say I'm defending Carson
Yes, keep that up and you'll be rich. :p
I wouldn't say you're set on defending TGK, but both of your posts saying that you play scummy even if you're town also include him. That's just something I'll keep in mind should either of you flip scum later down the road.
TGK on the other hand has conveniently disappeared with no internet.
I can confirm that as of 7:05 PM EST Carson's Internet works just fine.

These 3 consecutive posts by TGK are laughable! Massive backpedal, tagging inactives (scum move to appear townie), and the big "I'm always scummy" AtE right at the end!
And that's different from my town meta how...?

Oh, how convenient. v__v
And no comment on your case at all. Nothing.
Commenting is hard when you have >5 minutes.

The main reason why I think tgk is scum is that I believe his activity and content of his posts are similar to those in the game where he and I were scums.
You have to take into account that the game where you and I were scum was on ProBoards, something that already causes low activity, and I was really only posting to avoid a modkill by the later days because I didn't like ProBoards.

TGK avoided my point on him and ignored my questions, despite having posted since I asked it. And there are no good lynches today, so let's roll.
TGK had his chance to defend himself, and chose to ignore people
Again, this is different how? In ORAS, I ignored all the pressure on me and proceeded to try and build other cases on other people.

There, that's all the posts I could find that were targeted at me from my absence. I'm back now. Bear in mind that my playstyle is almost no different between town and scum and every single game I do one mistake and then everyone's like "OMG HE'S SCUM LYNCH!!!11111!!1". How is this any different than all the times I've done the same things as town?

Inb4 this gets me lynched

Again, this is different how? In ORAS, I ignored all the pressure on me and proceeded to try and build other cases on other people.

There, that's all the posts I could find that were targeted at me from my absence. I'm back now. Bear in mind that my playstyle is almost no different between town and scum and every single game I do one mistake and then everyone's like "OMG HE'S SCUM LYNCH!!!11111!!1". How is this any different than all the times I've done the same things as town?
Right, just because you are extremely scummy as town is not going to stop you from getting lynched for it, because a) town should not be playing like scum and b) you play just as scummily as scum. And btw, it's not just the AtE, ignoring stuff, bandwagoning, lack of defense, etc. You made a case on perhaps the easiest player in this game to make a case on, and then was soooo quick to change your vote to SM when Celever said something about it... THAT is extra scummy. And, this "I do one mistake then lynch" mentality is completely false. Tell me, what have you actually done that is particularly pro-town?

I'm not 100% that you're scum, but I can't see any better lynches for today...

You have to take into account that the game where you and I were scum was on ProBoards, something that already causes low activity, and I was really only posting to avoid a modkill by the later days because I didn't like ProBoards.
This isn't ProBoards and that point you're trying to defend against is still just as relevant.

Making some acknowledge takes less than a minute.

Pile on the votes boyz! He want's to get lynched! :D

With regards to the TGK and sm cases, I feel like anyone using "this isn't my scum meta" as defense isn't actually a good defense because you're ultimately the one in control of your meta and you can play the meta card whenever you choose to, provided it's convenient for you.

Vote count as of post 754

mordacazir: 1 (FP Effect thegrovylekid)
bbninjas: 0 (King Xerneas Celever mordacazir)
Reinforce: 0 (Celever)
thegrovylekid: 4 (scattered mind, Celever, bbninjas, Squirtle Squad Squirtle Squad)
King Xerneas: 0 (bbninjas)
@scattered mind: 6 (Professor Palutena, Camoclone PikaMasterJesi, thegrovylekid, Camoclone, King Xerneas, Luispipe8)

Not voting: 6 (double o squirtle, GM DracLord, Reinforce, Jabberwock, homeofmew, Vom)

It is nine to lynch.

Day two ends July 8 at 9 AM CST, or 11.5 hours from the time of this post. I won't be around to call game freeze, so if 9 AM passes or you have reason to believe that a player has reached nine votes, do not post in the thread.

Last edited:
There you go Jesi, he arrived, didn't really defend himself, at least scattered made the effort.

Lynch TGK.
It's hard to defend yourself when you say the same thing every game and it never works.

TGK wagon always goes like this:

- I do something
- I get a wagon on me
- I say a defence
- Nobody likes it
- Repeat until sufficient votes have been placed
- I claim
- People move on or Lynch me

This is how it goes pretty much every game, so I'm waiting until I inevitably need to claim. Or should we skip to that part.

It's hard to defend yourself when you say the same thing every game and it never works.

- I do something
- I get a wagon on me
- I say a defence
- Nobody likes it
- I claim

This is how it goes pretty much every game, so I'm waiting until I inevitably need to claim. Or should we skip to that part.
Well, if the only thing you're gonna do is complain about your case, you might as well just vote for yourself.

With regards to the TGK and sm cases, I feel like anyone using "this isn't my scum meta" as defense isn't actually a good defense because you're ultimately the one in control of your meta and you can play the meta card whenever you choose to, provided it's convenient for you.
Well, if the only thing you're gonna do is complain about your case, you might as well just vote for yourself.
This.

I don't really have anything to add >~>

My role isn't at all useful like the Mia Fey was, and we don't have good scumreads on anyone yet.
Complain.

Fine, whatever.

##UNVOTE: Mordacazir
##VOTE: Scattered Mind

Camo's case is solid and Scattered hasn't been contributing as much as previous games, which is extremely unusual.
Looking to please.

No, Drac subbed IN for excal.

Knew this would happen. Anything I could post would actually just have been called out for echoing camo, so there was really nothing I can do. That's what happens when you're always called out as scummy, everyone!
Complain.

Do you guys not understand what "no internet" means? \•_•/

Lemme go compile everything that was raised against me and respond it.

Complain.

Complain.

- I do something
- I get a wagon on me
- I say a defence
- Nobody likes it
- I claim

Complain.

And TGK, you're not even lynch leader yet. If you're really irritated about people wanting to lynch you for being scummy, then at least give us a reason not to lynch you or to lynch someone else! And, no, "I always get lynched" and "I'm always scummy" are not legit because they are largely under your control.

Okay, finally caught up (spending 11 hours outside with 30 six-year olds is exhausting) so I can say more.

I get the TGK wagon but I'm cautious about it. TGK's meta is the same regardless of his alignment (super scummy; involving him complaining a lot and echoing - we've all been there). I think a lot of the blame (if not all) falls on him, given that he's the one ultimately in control of his playstyle (learn to not play so scummy please), but as town, we also bear the repercussions of his scummy play (regardless of his own alignment). So while TGK may be scummy right now, it's really nothing out of the ordinary and I've really learned to tolerate it because it's just how he's chosen to be for many games now.

Which is why I still like the sm case more because it's so out of character for sm that I really think he has to be scum. I'm more confident in sm's ability to flip scum today than I am with TGK.

Vote is staying where it is right now and I'm not going to be around between now and phase end, so my vote is locked I guess.

You guys have successfully convinced me off the Scattered lynch. I'll go more in-depth as to why later this morning since it's currently 1:16 am here.

##Unvote
##Vote: Carson/thegrovylekid

Okay, finally caught up (spending 11 hours outside with 30 six-year olds is exhausting) so I can say more.

I get the TGK wagon but I'm cautious about it. TGK's meta is the same regardless of his alignment (super scummy; involving him complaining a lot and echoing - we've all been there). I think a lot of the blame (if not all) falls on him, given that he's the one ultimately in control of his playstyle (learn to not play so scummy please), but as town, we also bear the repercussions of his scummy play (regardless of his own alignment). So while TGK may be scummy right now, it's really nothing out of the ordinary and I've really learned to tolerate it because it's just how he's chosen to be for many games now.

Which is why I still like the sm case more because it's so out of character for sm that I really think he has to be scum. I'm more confident in sm's ability to flip scum today than I am with TGK.

Vote is staying where it is right now and I'm not going to be around between now and phase end, so my vote is locked I guess.
I feel this isn't valid. scattered's case was substantially more than defending his meta, and TGK's isn't. In your last post you said that just using the meta card is terrible, and this is all TGK has done. scattered has done much more than that. I get that your vote is locked in, so it's just noted for tomorrow. :x

@thegrovylekid, if you don't try to defend you cannot expect to not be lynched. Literally all you have to do is say why you voted for mord and then retracted your vote so quickly. Your lack of a response shows that you only have scummy reasoning behind doing so, because truth always prevails. If you have a breakdown every time someone posts a case on you then you're never gonna get very far. If you have a breakdown after avoiding the case (and yes, you did avoid the case, I saw you on Skype in that period and you posted in the thread several times because I'm talking about the period between the case being posted and you losing your internet) then you're basically never gonna not be lynched. And now you've had the opportunity to reply and still have avoided the case. Even if you're town you are wasting the town's time big-time, which is exactly what used to get you so riled up about Empoleon_master when he played. You can change your meta and you can improve as a player, if all you try to do is hide under the radar and try to get by on minimum contribution so as to not attract attention to yourself as town... well, what's the point in playing?

@Camoclone, @King Xerneas, @Luispipe8 all need to post again before deadline detailing why scattered is a better lynch than TGK. If they are active and don't I'll assume that they are trying to lay low on a town lynch, since scattered is probably a town lynch IMO.

@thegrovylekid, if you don't try to defend you cannot expect to not be lynched. Literally all you have to do is say why you voted for mord and then retracted your vote so quickly.
I wanted to be useful and wasn't following the scattered case. So I decided to try and find a case of my own. Once I realized nobody was going for it, I jumped ship since it was clearly pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back