Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to be useful and wasn't following the scattered case. So I decided to try and find a case of my own. Once I realized nobody was going for it, I jumped ship since it was clearly pointless.
But between your case and you jumping off the wagon, three posts were actually made on the topic. bbninjas asked you how the things you pointed out were different to mord's normal play, a very legitimate question which should have been easy to answer if you had any confidence in your case. King Xerneas said that your case had legs to stand on and agreed with you on several points, and then I made this two liner which catalysed you jumping off less than 10 minutes after:
Hey TGK instead of trying to make a new, incredibly weak case without commenting on why it is needed, could you share your thoughts on scattered please?

Like if scattered flips scum you should be next, that play was awful.
And you still haven't actually responded to that question, you dodged that too. What are your thoughts on scattered? Do you actually have any, or are you just trying to fit in? Because I really think it's the latter, which isn't pro-town play.

TGK, why did you choose mord as the target of your case? This is a very important question, don't dodge it.

And you still haven't actually responded to that question, you dodged that too. What are your thoughts on scattered? Do you actually have any, or are you just trying to fit in? Because I really think it's the latter, which isn't pro-town play.
Honestly, Camo's thoughts sum scattered up perfectly. He's playing differently than his usual questioning style, and it comes off as strange.

Yes, I used language like that. Most of the time (not just WW, in life) I do things based off of gut feelings rather than proof and logic, which is what makes my cases bad and generally what makes scummy plays. If you want logic, you go to a player like bb or pp. I'm not generally known for my logic, so I don't make cases and just support the ones I agree with.

TGK, why did you choose mord as the target of your case? This is a very important question, don't dodge it.
Gut feeling.

What, just gut feeling? How did you make a case if it was just gut feeling? >~>

What, just gut feeling? How did you make a case if it was just gut feeling? >~>
because I build a case by picking someone I find suspicious, going and reading through their posts, and then finding the suspicious bits? It all starts with a feeling.

Honestly, Camo's thoughts sum scattered up perfectly. He's playing differently than his usual questioning style, and it comes off as strange.
But the case is that scattered was questioning too much. This shows that you disagree with the case.
Yes, I used language like that. Most of the time (not just WW, in life) I do things based off of gut feelings rather than proof and logic, which is what makes my cases bad and generally what makes scummy plays. If you want logic, you go to a player like bb or pp. I'm not generally known for my logic, so I don't make cases and just support the ones I agree with.
But this doesn't mean you can't share your thoughts on scattered, so don't dodge questions, and don't bandwagon.
Gut feeling.
Then reiterate for us. What was the primary point of your case which made your gut think "yeah, this guy's scum"?

And why mord over other players like dos, Jabber, RF, SS and Vom who also hadn't contributed a great deal up until that point, on a comparable level to mord?

And how exactly is this different from how he normally plays...

...and, tbh, how you've played this game, sans the case on mord?
Because I'm not going to build a case on myself?
And why mord over other players like dos, Jabber, RF, SS and Vom who also hadn't contributed a great deal up until that point, on a comparable level to mord?
Drew a name from the people who've done that. Mia would be on the list too if she was still in the game.

Because I'm not going to build a case on myself?
But if you do it and you're town, why is it a good case on someone else?
Drew a name from the people who've done that. Mia would be on the list too if she was still in the game.
So it was literally completely random, and you didn't actually think he would flip scum?

It's like pressuring an inactive. you do it, so why shouldn't I do it?
Because you singled out the member who is easiest to push a lynch on. It can't have been random, and you've now admitted that he wasn't even that scummy. Which makes your play substantially scummier.
I wanted to contribute...
I don't think this is necessarily true given the amount of questions you've been dodging, even since that early on, when you posted the case.

I'd was more going to point out that you select who your pressure rather than choosing a random player.

@Camoclone, @King Xerneas, @Luispipe8 all need to post again before deadline detailing why scattered is a better lynch than TGK. If they are active and don't I'll assume that they are trying to lay low on a town lynch, since scattered is probably a town lynch IMO.
I'm not going to do that. I've done it multiple times and it's just straight up a stronger lynch. I'm not opposed to a TGK lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back