Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

Are there any cards in standard similar to the Team Plasma Snorlax's Block ability?
Dragalge FLF is similar in that it makes it so the active can not retreat if they are poisoned.
This is the most similar, but there are other cards that make retreat costs higher though.

What are all the cards and standard they can remove energy off of opponent?
Enhanced Hammer
Crushing Hammer
Team Flare Grunt
Xerosic
Crawdaunt PRC
Cloyster XY
Croconaw PHF
Diggersby PHF
Electrode XY
Ferligatr PHF
Floatzel FLF
Fufrou XY
Helioptile FLF
Krokorok XY
M Lucario EX FFI
Mightyena PHF
Pawniard XY
Pyroar XY-P
Skunktank FLF
Tyrunt FFI
Yveltal XY-P

Wow, thank you. Isn't there also a stadium that forces them to have one more energy for each attack? I'm trying to look it up but I can't seem to find it.

So, is there a pokemon that could poison from the bench. I know there is hypno toxic laser that could do that. I'm thinking of a retract break deck where the are first poisoned before the attack is done so they would than be out next turn.
Ariados AOR is all you need. The spiderking of poison.

Are there any good replacements for Giant cape? (I would use it on a Goodra from flashfire, combined with a training center stadium) Also, any stadium cards that would give me a better health boost than the Training Center?

Are there any good replacements for Giant cape? (I would use it on a Goodra from flashfire, combined with a training center stadium) Also, any stadium cards that would give me a better health boost than the Training Center?

Hard Charm and Fighting Fury Belt are both much superior alternatives. The former immediately reduces damage so you don't have to worry about the tool being removed (and your HP subsequently being reduced). The latter gives an extra 20 HP plus extra 10 damage, but only for Basics.

For Stadiums, there isn't really a better version.

Hard Charm and Fighting Fury Belt are both much superior alternatives. The former immediately reduces damage so you don't have to worry about the tool being removed (and your HP subsequently being reduced). The latter gives an extra 20 HP plus extra 10 damage, but only for Basics.

For Stadiums, there isn't really a better version.
Ok, thank you. By the way, the Fighting Fury Belt gives 40 extra health, not 20.

Another, barely used, alternative is Heavy Boots.

When attached to a Pokemon with a retreat cost of 3 (or more), it grants +20 HP and immunity to Confusion.

Does standard XY on format have any cards like Leafeon (plasma freeze) that can do damage based on the TOTAL number of energy the opponent has?

Does standard XY on format have any cards like Leafeon (plasma freeze) that can do damage based on the TOTAL number of energy the opponent has?
Sadly no. That's one of my favorite cards competitively too.

The only other card that I know of that has the Energy Crush (or similar) attack is Manectric in Dragons Exalted, so there's another option in Expanded, but not Standard.

The new delphox is somewhat like that. It does 20 damage for each energy in play, and alakazam EX does 30 to each pokemon with energy on it.

Last edited:
Back