Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
Grandpa 'Kazam looks pimp with that beard :cool:

The Alakazam cards look great, but I'm a bit disappointed with Lugia Break. I think the art could be executed in a better way :rolleyes:

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Lugia Break seems real strong tbh, effectively a 170hp stage 1 that hit 170 w/muscle band and can charge up with bronzong is no joke at all. Im surprised ppl dont like it. or maybe ppl are just bandwagoning from previous comments made before the translation was fixed :T

SeventhPrize

Pokemon Player
The Basic Lugia appears to be the same as the Dragons Exalted Bouffalant with 20 more HP and a different Weakness and Resistance. Bouffalant was used competitively, so I think Lugia will see some play.

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
I disagree with literally everything you said. Trick Coin wouldn't help Lugia in any way whatsoever because it doesn't use coin flips. Kyurem EX is a bad idea because then you have to run two different energy types, and you wouldn't be able to accelerate to Kyurem making you need THREE TURNS to set it up, and you wouldn't get the advantage of Item lock that Trevenant gives you. Trevenant also uses the same type of energy as Alakazam and can attack for one energy with Dimension Valley in play. A Gengar deck would also not be a good idea, because having to set up a mega and a stage two just to knock out one Pokémon only to have your opponent knock out your stage two next turn is just not a good strategy. You'll get outsped and overwhelmed by other decks in the format. Trevenant is different because the Item lock slows your opponent down and Alakazam and Trevenant can both take Knockouts for you without having to retreat between them.
Just my opinion bro. Oops, I thought that on LugaBREAK you had to flip a coin.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I wonder if Lugia BREAK will be able to utilize Fighting Spirit Belt. It's not a stage 1 or 2, but I'm not sure if it'll still be treated as a Basic...
Likewise for Max Elixir.
If you read on the top of the cards, to the left, you can read what stage are they. Pokémon BREAK are Pokémon BREAK, they're not Basic Pokémon.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
>Chaos Town involves every special condition except burn
>rip Burn...

Devolution spray with Crobat is going to be so fun. I can also see it being really fun with Mega Alakazam to reuse the base's Ability.

Purrloin

Grumpig was clearly designed specifically to destroy Joltik. And the entire community rejoices -- or, at least, they would if he was splashable. It was a nice attempt by TPCi though.

Peter's Lucario

Lucario BREAK
Yes a new Lucario!! And its steel type, sweet!! And a new BREAK card to add to the collection even though its a irrelevant pokemon.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
C'mon guys, Grumpig is absolutely irrelevant. We can just either not discard Joltik, or no one is going to play the deck. You guys are complaining about Grumpig, but no one plays Mega Latios with Target Whistle, which would R.I.P. Shaymin related decks. And Devolution Spray wasn't a problem in expanded, so why would it be a problem in standard?
My two cents- Garchomp will be our prerelease promo, calling it now. Look at how similar the style between this and Tornadus-EX were.

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I'm Not sure how I feel about the new stadium. I almost think that some new special condition cards will come Out. De Evo spray is going to be fun with Alakazam, but I'm still waiting on that stadium that spreads damage to help it TPCI...