'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I imagine Battle Reporter being useful as well with Glalie Ex. It allows you to draw until you have the same amount of cards as your opponent.

I don't know why people think this card is useless. With a Judge and a Muscle Band, you can do an instant 170 damage knocking out most EX's in one hit. This card is good in a control deck that uses Judge and Battle Reporter to match hand sizes then you just swing for 170. Add in some Regices and some consistency cards and there you go. Glalie isn't the best card but it does have it's place in some decks.

I imagine Battle Reporter being useful as well with Glalie Ex. It allows you to draw until you have the same amount of cards as your opponent.

Battle Reporter is good but Judge is better as it disrupts your opponent as well as giving you a fresh hand if you need it.

Battle Reporter is...

...terrible under normal circumstances. If it really does work adequately in a Glalie-EX focused deck, that might be one reason why so few people consider Glalie-EX to be all that good. For the record I consider Glalie-EX to be roughly adequate because while it can deliver a solid hit, the kind of investment we are talking about yields as good or better results elsewhere. Could I be wrong? Absolutely; especially my Standard experience is lacking.

I feel like this is just a budget Shaymin. I like how this card is a stage one so it resists silent lab, it's a non EX Pokemon so it's not super good Lysandre bait, can be searched out with level ball and dive ball, and it's ability can be used once per turn so that it's not dead weight. I've noticed that since this card came out Shaymin EX is way cheaper. Shaymin used to be $50 for non full art. Now it's $37 on Troll and Toad.
I personally really like this card because it's around the same level as Shaymin, but it costs a fraction of the price.

Back