'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

No, when an EX card is released in Japan as part of a theme deck it NEVER gets a full art version, look at Moltres and Articuno EX from Plasma Storm.

I think Poke Tactics was referencing the Full Metal Dialga that was, indeed, a Secret Card released in roughly 1/6 Hyper Metal Chain Decks in Japan. To date, it's the only time there's been an SR given out in some Japanese theme decks. It certainly could happen again, but since it's a "secret" there's no way to know until after the deck comes out later this month.

I don't really think it's likely to happen, but it's not impossible either.

No, when an EX card is released in Japan as part of a theme deck it NEVER gets a full art version, look at Moltres and Articuno EX from Plasma Storm.
Dialga got one included in every 1 in 6 decks. It was a secret rare in phantom forces. Palkia is the counterpart to Dialga. Chances are we will get one. It'll either be pearl white, blue or a "Mother of Pearl" style rainbow if we get it.

This is an interesting card. I don't like needing 3 energy to attack that can't be accelerated with DCE, but I do like a move that lets me search out any trainer card. And 120 HP Basic 1-prize could be a good setup wall to open with which building a slow bench. "Errand Running" would be better if it ran on 1 colorless though.

Lapras looks very appropriately balanced. There are definitely better options for deck searching and attacking, and it's a shame you can't put something like Double Aqua on Lapras, but it looks like it'd make for a good card in relaxed, non-competitive play.

Also, is anyone else seeing Misty swimming way in the background of the card art?

I think Poke Tactics was referencing the Full Metal Dialga that was, indeed, a Secret Card released in roughly 1/6 Hyper Metal Chain Decks in Japan. To date, it's the only time there's been an SR given out in some Japanese theme decks. It certainly could happen again, but since it's a "secret" there's no way to know until after the deck comes out later this month.

I don't really think it's likely to happen, but it's not impossible either.

I would love to see that happen. I have the Japanese Metal Dialga and I would love to get the Palkia one (I got mine for $15 from Troll and Toad because they didn't know what they had honestly and could of sold it for a lot more.)

Back to Lapras, it may see play as a tech? I don't know 80 damage for three energy seems a bit to much in my opinion.

I was hoping for an ability to make use of the break mechanic, an ability that would get Golduck Break in play faster would be nice. Now It's just a card you need in order to Break Evolve with out any other purpose. Though It's first attack could come in handy.

I was hoping for an ability to make use of the break mechanic, an ability that would get Golduck Break in play faster would be nice. Now It's just a card you need in order to Break Evolve with out any other purpose. Though It's first attack could come in handy.

I really enjoy the idea of the break mechanic, but as of right now it feels clunky and very unrewarding. If they make cards concerning break evolutions then maybe you'll see it being played and rivaling major EX decks. Until then, it's just another card that a pain to try and get out there to make work. As you said, I feel like abilities would be nice to add in order make break evolutions more rewarding.

In expanded, Amnesia Golduck BCR is a better play. It can attack in variants not running water, can be searched with level ball, and gives Golduck Break free retreat. The only issue would be if a lightning weakness makes it more vulnerable than the grass weakness.

Back