Finished Werewolf XXVIII: Omega Alpha - Game Finished - Postgame Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Did anyone else notice this?

Also @SilverSilent do you mean Celever or IE?
I'll have to read a few pages back either way. Unless, ofc, someone were to make a TL;DR :V

I did, I can check it out during the night (hopefully I wont get killed.)

Either, or both. I'm curious on your opinion on the matter as a whole.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
As of now, all I can tell you is that between Celever and IE, IE seems more scummy to me.
The 'Brendan raises hand' part was just Celever being himself, he does...stuff like that :p

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
Anyone else think we should target team magma more today? They only have 2-3 members left and if we do that then a town member will only get killed every other night folliwing the apparent rules on which team can kill on which day. I actually do suspect celever, cypher or someone else of easily being a theif or team aqua. I really want to get rid of the theif, whoever that is, but I think we should really focus on eliminating team magma to give town members a break from daily killings.

Cypher333

time to run
Yes, but how do we figure out who Team Magma is? Also, about Celever, you'd think that the real Brendan would have spoken up if Celever isn't him.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone else think we should target team magma more today? They only have 2-3 members left and if we do that then a town member will only get killed every other night folliwing the apparent rules on which team can kill on which day. I actually do suspect celever, cypher or someone else of easily being a theif or team aqua. I really want to get rid of the theif, whoever that is, but I think we should really focus on eliminating team magma to give town members a break from daily killings.

Probably the first post of yours I've really liked ;) well actually it'd make sense for Team Magma to only have 1 potentially 2 players left (personally I can't see there being 4 members per scum team cos that's just under half the players)
So if team magma only has 1 player left then yeah let's find them and lynch them so we can have every second night of peace :)

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Also about the ninetales being missing,

If you recall Luis' flip having the magma capture ability.
It wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that Aqua may have an ability similar, so there's a chance the Pokemon was stolen by Team Aqua?

@Cypher333 i don't doubt that Celever is the only "Brendan" but whether or not it is a safe claim is the real question.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Let me debunk this once and for all. TGK and growlithe never had contact. My role is one that involves "searching for someone whose thoughts I'm connected with", and that was TGK, who posted his thoughts in a private quicktopic. Since he revealed so early, I was able to find him right away and joined his QT. I can confirm with 100% certainty that he is Wally and is aligned with the town.

However, the whole growlithe thing... well, this is what TGK said in our QT: "Also, sorry, but I claimed GrowlitheGuy as second Mason, because I know him IRL, saw him getting votes, panicked, and thought of some way to clear him. Sorries D:"

It might not have been a good move, but growlithe did turn out to be town in the end, and the fact still stands that TGK is confirmed town.

While I'm here, let me say that PMJ's bandwagon was utter nonsense. Celever and SS, I'm looking at you.
Probably the most information in a single post all game. And while it's all fine and dandy that we can believe TGK is town (no real reason not to), how do we know you are?

Anyway it sound logical to me and that clears TT and TGK for now.
Celever really seem scummy. He also was waay more active and helping last game.
Ice Espeon is a very good option imo for a lynch. He is lurking the hell out of this thread and appears only when someone votes for him or late in the day so he won't get mod killed.
I know someone said (I think Celever) that that's how he play but then again we saw what just happened with GM who was acting scummy and we ended up forgiving him since "that's how he play".
Yes, Celever was defending Drac, but he wasn't wrong. Drac always seems to play scummy.
IE is a great lynch candidate... If we don't decide on somebody more active first. Rather take out the active scum first.

Flinched? Flinching is a Pokemon status, so I doubt it was Muddy Water. Looks like yet another roleblocker...

Everyone's calling for my head over the PMJ lynch, but it was an honest mistake. What's my proper defense? There are now 2 dead Team Magma members, and each team has 3 players because we can work that out (6 anti-town is about a third of 17 -- 8 would be about a half which is way too much and if there's 4 we'd have been told Team Magma was fully out). We can basically agree that if I'm scum Cypher is my partner, which would mean both me and Cypher would be Team Aqua. If both of us are Team Aqua, judging from the flavour Team Aqua would have had to have killed GM DracLord last night. Why the hell would I kill GM Drac after I defended him yesterday? That would be really dumb.
Flinch definitely did not come from Muddy Water. My guess would be Fake Out.
The rest of your post is moot because Drac was not the intended target, as SM already pointed out.

That read's fine. It's not doing anything without a case though, so I'll be expecting one soon! :)
Not much liking this over confidence. The case against you is simple, but understandable. You pushed for a townie's lynch and defended scum. It isn't hard to put two and two together.
The only thing keeping you up is your claim, which I still choose to believe for the time being.

- Pushing for PMJ lynch, with the godfather theory it seems like you played to it make him look scummy even though after simsands' claim, if you were town, I believe you would not keep pressuring him. (since you have more experience in the game).
- My read on you as wolf involves and heavily based on Cypher. Claiming so much unnecessary things like being the announcer, what Pokemon he has etc, with nothing to pressure him to do that seem scummy to me. The fact that you "raised your hand" to claim Brendan seems also unnecessary and scummy. I can't find other reason to do that beside look townie.
I just think that their claimed roles are far too complexly worded to be safe-claims. They also directly affect each other, which is out of place for safe-claims as well.

Also like Celever said before, PMJ was acting scummy as anything so his lynch seemed ok.
This I agree with.

My other 'case' which is really nothing, is for Yeowie (now Vom)
In my one game as scum (Luis's game) I didn't enjoy being scum cos I can't lie my way out a paper bag, so my response was to just become
Inactive and stop playing. Eventually I got lynched and screwed over half the team :p (still sorry guys) haha...

Anyways, Yeowie played this game a lot different to the last game when he was town. He was active and participated (for the one day he was alive...)

But then this game he was much less active eventually asking to be subbed out. He may have had the same experience as me and bailed? But this is just theory ;) haha
...I don't follow. But theories aren't enough to lynch somebody off of. I rather let Vom play the role out a bit.

Celever

Wheeeee~
@Keeper of Night the only thing which makes me towny is my claim? Does the fact that I singled out a scum and brought him up into discussion with a case who we then lynched and got a D1 advantage NOT make me look towny?

The thing is is that this is a new game so I can't blame anyone for not knowing this, but through my own experience safe claims this complex and which directly affect each other have never been included in a game where safes are given to mafia. Occasionally mafia teams try to be too clever and usually die over it by drawing connections like this between each other and hoping that neither one of those two members ever dies. That'd also be an incredibly risky move in a game with two mafia teams with no reward, though.

Hold up @scattered mind, I just went back and checked. I didn't think this would be true, but you were one of the early voters on PMJ's lynch! Early votes add pressure and momentum to a wagon, so you hold maybe not quite as much but still some responsibility for PMJ's lynch. Clearly you thought he was scummy enough to lynch yesterday, so you can't cry wolf now over a cause that you were also a part of. Looks to me like you figured PMJ would be town and wanted to be able to get this lynch going coming into tomorrow.

Also I think that your theory about it being a redirect is wrong. I asked the redirector to claim stating clearly why and he hasn't done. I think it's probably just slightly odd flavour -- we've also got too many mind manipulation things already. TwistedTurtwig is clearly a Psychic-Type based on his role flavour and simisands has an Alakazam. Why were you so sure that it was a redirect? Is it because you and your team targeted someone else with your nightkill last night?

##UNVOTE: Vom (you've still had pretty minimal contribution TBH)
##VOTE: scattered mind (mainly for pressure)

Celever

Wheeeee~
Also the thread title says "A Night of Rivalry" which implies it was a conscious decision made by Team Aqua to kill an opposing team member.

I'm not saying you're wrong that it was a redirect, I just want to know why you think it is since really it makes more sense that it wasn't and the flavour's just a little weird.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Uh, not really? There's two scum factions.
So lynching a town means that I have a lot of scum points and lynching a scum means I don't get much town credit? The double standards are real LMAO. Basically if you're active and contributing you will eventually be scum in your eyes since more townies are gonna be lynched by the end of the game unfortunately >_>

Celever

Wheeeee~
Oh dear am I seriously triple posting? That's embarassing.

First off, I would like Lissa to role name claim and claim her Altaria's ability. I can either confirm her as town or prove she is scum with this knowledge, and I'll say why when the time comes.

@scattered mind what happened with you last night? You wasted no time telling everyone else to claim their results but actually failed to do so yourself. Anything else interesting happen to you?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

First off, I would like Lissa to role name claim and claim her Altaria's ability. I can either confirm her as town or prove she is scum with this knowledge, and I'll say why when the time comes.

@scattered mind what happened with you last night? You wasted no time telling everyone else to claim their results but actually failed to do so yourself. Anything else interesting happen to you?

The times I can use my tracking Pokemon are limited.
I am keeping it for tomorrow.
The flavour says what it says and as for your claim that no one said they redirected anyone is not taking into consideration that it might have been a passive ability.
As for PMJ I thought he is our best option but only voted for him after it was clearly that we won't get anything better at that time. Also I only voted him after the mass claim idea he had which was to me very scummy. You were pushing for his lynch from the start.
I can't say that I'm sure you are scum thabks for that but I have that read on you. If something better will come up I'll unvote but for now I think I'll stay with it.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
The thread title does not provide flavour or other information not already written in a mod's post. It is not flavour and thus should not be considered as such.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Also interestingly no one has claimed to have been hooked by the muddy water last night o_O

Haha was going to ask this when I got to a computer :p So who did you block last night Celever? Haha, as if Swampert doesn't have Muddy Water :p

But yes, who was blocked? We had two who claimed blocked yesterday so that would be nice to know.

And I was going to ask this too!!! Scattered tracked Night 1 so figured he could do it Night 2... Tracker's aren't that OP so why only limited use??? Unless there's other things you have to hide? I've never known tracker to be limited use, so thats something...

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
The thread title does not provide flavour or other information not already written in a mod's post. It is not flavour and thus should not be considered as such.
I dare you to make that the thread's title, your entire post, lol.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Haha was going to ask this when I got to a computer :p So who did you block last night Celever? Haha, as if Swampert doesn't have Muddy Water :p

But yes, who was blocked? We had two who claimed blocked yesterday so that would be nice to know.

And I was going to ask this too!!! Scattered tracked Night 1 so figured he could do it Night 2... Tracker's aren't that OP so why only limited use??? Unless there's other things you have to hide? I've never known tracker to be limited use, so thats something...

Well it is. I do have other abilities so I guess that is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.