Finished Werewolf XXVIII: Omega Alpha - Game Finished - Postgame Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Massclaim seems like a bad idea at the moment, we don't want to out a doc.

Also, PMJ is back to looking scummy to me.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Massclaim seems like a bad idea at the moment, we don't want to out a doc.

Also, PMJ is back to looking scummy to me.

At this point, its finding who to vote for. Honestly, I'm retracting my vote since my vote weight is zero.

##Unvote: Ice Espeon

No point of trying put pressure on someone when you don't have the weight to throw it around.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
What does that have to do with a statement of my opinion of you? I wasn't aware there was a requirement for that.
And how does that answer my question?

That is a bad idea imo.
Not going to claim my role.
Um... But only 4 of us haven't? I actually have no problem name-claiming. I'm Ben, the protagonist from Guardian Signs. Hello.

Yeeeeeeah I'm thinking no to the massclaim.
Normally I would agree, but we're almost there already. Scum would be smart enough to know to kill the players that haven't claimed.

You tried lynching me for less, pal >:[
There was plenty of supporting evidence for your lynch. Still is, if you keep acting so cocky.

You are probably so hesitant to claim because Brendan is a safe claim:

> not a Ranger hero (and therefore not guaranteed town as only Pokemon Rangers can be considered town since they are the canonical heroes of this story)
> scum role blockers exist
> can role block two+ players in one night (to shut down/increase the chances of shutting down power roles)
> scum were given full safe claims so of course the wording in your role PMs would match; if they didn't your claim would not be safe

scattered mind first, then you're next >:}
Except you missed that May's (was that Cypher?) flavor stated that she chose her starter due to type advantages. That would mean that Brendan does have to exist with different flavor for his starter. And I have a hard time believing that a townie role would be directly influenced flavor-wise by a safe-claim like that. Unless you think Cypher is scum too?
Celever, can you share flavor from your starter?

Celever

Wheeeee~
The part about Brendan not being in the Pokemon rangers is interesting. Zinnia was a safe claim. Was Zinnia ever showed in the story of Pokemon rangers? It sounds logical that all the safe claims would be Pokemon characters that are not from the Ranger story, but it's too easy on the other hand since once you'll figure that out, all the Mafia would not be able to hide. It also sounds logical that it is mixed.
It's too early to know.
The whole point of fake claims is for them to be believable. To make claims as early discernable from each other as this would make for an incredibly unsuccessful game. This is why there are almost certainly rangers as fakes.

@simsands did your results merely tell you that PMJ's role name is Lunick or did you learn more than that?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
The weird thing is why people started to claim their role name in the first place? Especially the roles that are not in the OP after we saw Zinnia was a safe claim.
Why to assume that the fact their role pm is a Pokemon character means they are confo town? It's not like anyone has pressured them to claim anything.
I know Celever later on mentioned that it doesn't clear him as town but early when he just claimed he stated that it is.
Kinda reminds me of last game "Someone targeted me last night" statement by Mafia members (Athena and Jeremy and maybe another Mafia that I can't remember rn).

The way I see it we have 4 roads to pick from this point:

1. Voting and pressuring players who claimed their role name for no reason other than appear town such as SS, Cypher and Celever (seems too soon to me).
2. Voting for the less active members that we know nothing about and that seems to only post so they won't get modkilled like Ice Espeon.(the time might be too short for that but it might be the reason we'll go there eventually)
3. Voting and testing connections such as PMJ-simsands and TT-tgk-Growlitheguy (the time left also might be too short )
4. Voting for GM DracLord which almost everyone think he acted scummy and the only reason he is not being considered is that he acts like that in every game (which is true, plus we need info and it doesn't look like a great source comparing to other possibilities)

What do you think?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
The weird thing is why people started to claim their role name in the first place? Especially the roles that are not in the OP after we saw Zinnia was a safe claim.
Why to assume that the fact their role pm is a Pokemon character means they are confo town? It's not like anyone has pressured them to claim anything.
I know Celever later on mentioned that it doesn't clear him as town but early when he just claimed he stated that it is.
Kinda reminds me of last game "Someone targeted me last night" statement by Mafia members (Athena and Jeremy and maybe another Mafia that I can't remember rn).

1. Voting and pressuring players who claimed their role name for no reason other than appear town such as SS, Cypher and Celever (seems too soon to me).
2. Voting for the less active members that we know nothing about and that seems to only post so they won't get modkilled like Ice Espeon.(the time might be too short for that but it might be the reason we'll go there eventually)
3. Voting and testing connections such as PMJ-simsands and TT-tgk-Growlitheguy (the time left also might be too short )
4. Voting for GM DracLord which almost everyone think he acted scummy and the only reason he is not being considered is that he acts like that in every game (which is true, plus we need info and it doesn't look like a great source comparing to other possibilities)

What do you think?

One thing though- Celever actually had possibly the best reason to claim his name because of Cypher's claim about his Pokemon.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Um... But only 4 of us haven't? I actually have no problem name-claiming. I'm Ben, the protagonist from Guardian Signs. Hello.
Only 4 people haven't claimed? That's... wrong. I told PMJ the same thing... just the fact that you've gone for this idea using the same logic makes me think you could well be PMJ's scumbuddy.
Normally I would agree, but we're almost there already. Scum would be smart enough to know to kill the players that haven't claimed.
See above.
There was plenty of supporting evidence for your lynch. Still is, if you keep acting so cocky.
I agree, depending on simisands' answer.
Except you missed that May's (was that Cypher?) flavor stated that she chose her starter due to type advantages. That would mean that Brendan does have to exist with different flavor for his starter. And I have a hard time believing that a townie role would be directly influenced flavor-wise by a safe-claim like that. Unless you think Cypher is scum too?
Celever, can you share flavor from your starter?
I don't see a big issue with claiming this since it reveals none of my abilities:
bbninjas said:
Ability: Starting out your Journey
During Night 0, you must PM me the name of one of the Hoenn Starter Pokémon (Treecko, Mudkip or Torchic). You will be sent the final evolution of that Pokémon, capture it and its ability will become available for your use. If you fail to PM me, you will be randomly assigned a starter.
I was not the source of the Muddy Water though, nor did I ever claim to be.
Well I claimed mine because it was directly linked to Cypher and he asked for the claim. The reason why people are so willing to nameclaim is because it's basically 0 risk. This is why you claimed Kellyn yourself, right?
I never did and I can't stress this enough. I was being careful not to. I even threw in a precaution at some point where I said that because everyone considers me town and to me Cypher is confotown I might call us both confotown. It's literally just ease of posting.
This one links us so specifically though. It's also so much higher risk in a game where there was almost certainly a town seer alive, which we now know there was in simisands. It's even higher risk because of the setup of this game -- 2 mafia factions and 1 town provides a different dynamic than 1v1.

Let me rephrase this:
"1. Voting and pressuring players who claimed their role name for no reason other than appear town such as SS, Cypher, Celever and scattered mind (seems too soon to me)."
Well done missing yourself off that list of possible suspects in an option lol.
We'll definitely go here eventually, so I think it makes some sense to do it today. If not, then PMJ all the way.
Depending on simisand's results PMJ could be a viable option.

What do you think?
I don't like the idea of lynching Drac today at all.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Only 4 people haven't claimed? That's... wrong. I told PMJ the same thing... just the fact that you've gone for this idea using the same logic makes me think you could well be PMJ's scumbuddy.

Well I claimed mine because it was directly linked to Cypher and he asked for the claim. The reason why people are so willing to nameclaim is because it's basically 0 risk. This is why you claimed Kellyn yourself, right?

Let me rephrase this:
"1. Voting and pressuring players who claimed their role name for no reason other than appear town such as SS, Cypher, Celever and scattered mind (seems too soon to me)."
Well done missing yourself off that list of possible suspects in an option lol.

Wrong. I claimed mine because PMJ pressured me saying I'm scum. No one voted or blamed you or Cypher for anything before you claimed your role name.

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
The whole point of fake claims is for them to be believable. To make claims as early discernable from each other as this would make for an incredibly unsuccessful game. This is why there are almost certainly rangers as fakes.

@simsands did your results merely tell you that PMJ's role name is Lunick or did you learn more than that?

I was told his role name, nothing more.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
And that's also wrong. I actually got it from SM's post here.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
I believe Cypher and Celever to be town now as well. The flavor Celever provided is too influential to his role to simply be a safe-claim imo, and it also directly influence's Cypher's role which also shouldn't be part of a safe-claim.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
That leaves us with 3 roads:

1. Voting for Yeowie/Ice Espeon/Reinforce
2. Voting for PMJ
3. Discussing the TT-Growlitheguy-tgk connection

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
To clarify- option 1 is for players we have no info on them. Keeper is not in that list since he claimed Ben and it seems that no one wants to go with the name claiming issue rn.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I understand your reasoning for claiming your name but I don't see why Cypher did that.
He had about as much pressure as you did at the time of your claiming. You claimed really prematurely, and usually when people panic like that it's a sign of being scum, JS.
I was told his role name, nothing more.
I was actually under the impression that it was a full role. This means that the best lynch option today is actually still PMJ IMO -- his claim is a ranger, so it's definitely a possibility that he's a godfather, which is a role which scans innocently or within a disguise. Usually this doesn't expand to their whole roles, but just a name claim could easily be PMJ's fake claim.
And that's also wrong. I actually got it from SM's post here.
I'm pretty sure SM's list of no-info whatsoever was 9 people (now 8 because of you) and some of those 8/9 who had claimed parts of their role only did something like a name claim so it's not reliable, nor did you read the post right.
That leaves us with 3 roads:

1. Voting for Yeowie/Ice Espeon/Reinforce
2. Voting for PMJ
3. Discussing the TT-Growlitheguy-tgk connection
I definitely think option 2. ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: PMJ. If we decided to go for option 1, I feel that Yeowie is the best option.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
I'm pretty sure SM's list of no-info whatsoever was 9 people (now 8 because of you) and some of those 8/9 who had claimed parts of their role only did something like a name claim so it's not reliable, nor did you read the post right.
No, I did, right here:
  • Reinforce
  • Yeowie
  • Keeper of Night
  • GM DracLord
  • Ice Espeon
  • Empoleon_master
This is the list without any player who has claimed a role name, full role or an ability.
Six, not five, miscounted, and removed myself. But that's still not a lot of people that have no claim whatsoever. My point stands.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
He had about as much pressure as you did at the time of your claiming. You claimed really prematurely, and usually when people panic like that it's a sign of being scum, JS.

There was no pressure on Cypher:

Well, if the person with Swampert used Muddy Water on me, then I know who did it, in terms of what their alignment is. Unless someone stole and used the pokemon, then the person who used it is Brendan.

Just realized Luis had a Galladite. Does anyone have an ability that can steal items from dead people? If so, I wouldn't mind the Galladite ;)

Also, Cypher, I think I can guess your role based on what you said.

And The Shriek last night was probably Uproar [as @Celever said]. Who uses Uproar? Whismur. Who has a Whismur as their signature Pokémon? Zinnia.

@Cypher333 - you are May, correct?

So, I have Sceptile. Confirmed. It says in my role that I got sceptile because, and I quote,

Also, off topic, but I am currently reading Convicted 3, and I wish I had joined.

This semi-confirms we have Swampert in the game, then? That Mudkip evolved into a Swampert and is the source of the Muddy Water attack?

... And I'll just say I got a hint at what your role is Cypher. I just... wonder what "pressured" you to hint like this.

Oh please, TGK already pretty much told everyone. I just wanted to know who Brendan was.

*Brendan raises hand*.

None of my abilities are very strong so I'm not afraid of claiming it. Me and Cypher are now confotown as far as I'm concerned because that line of flavour with his Treecko (working hard to raise it) matches my line of flavour with my Mudkip perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.