TCG Fakes Zygarde's Image-Based Cards - Happy Birthday card!

Thanks! I'm using CMP's Neo Redux texutres for secondary types. Cloyster used the Ice one, the Pidgeot line is Flying, Gligar is Ground and etc. Take a look at those on the first post if you've missed it. :)

Welkin is 50% completed. I first sarted this concept almost years ago. Feels good to get this far.

Yeah, I went back and took a look at the OP to see if I could spot others that were done like that. I caught Gligar and Pidgeot, but missed some of the others. I really love how the Ice texture came out on Cloyster, though! I think that's one of my favourite cards from the set so far. :D

Thanks, it was nice to finally give Cloyster a Holo after years of being neglected by the TCG! Here's another card with alternate typing texture:

24%20coacutepia_zpsndxsclue.png
1%20coacutepia_zpsnefelofz.png
2%20coacutepia_zpsagdhb9cn.png
Now we have a powerful milling card in the format. Aegislash Shield is attached as a Pokémon tool to Aegislash Blade, being like a pseudo Mega evolution.
Artwork on Aegislash Blade from one of the greatest artists that's ever been on Pokébeach, Xous.

And now for something exciting: Mega Pidgeot and Ho-Oh!

79%20coacutepia_zpsrzgovfoh.png
74%20coacutepiaalt_zps3adreeoo.png

I know I promised Quick Search on MPidgeot, but I opted to go with turning Zephyr Energy into Gust of Wind. Zephyr references the West wind, which is associated with peace, while the East wind is mythologically associated with bad omen. Also, you can combo this guy with Altaria to turn Zephyr Energy into Double Colorless Gust of Wind Energy.
Ho-Oh was the first card I came up with once I'd settled for Legendary Pokémon to be treated as a separate stage.
My idea is to make the other 2 Legendary Pokémon from the set do something similar. As you may have inferred from the set's name, they are Rayquaza and Yveltal, as both are Pokémon that have a deep relation with the sky. I'm still not sure what to do with them, so if you have any suggestions feel free to PM me. The only restriction is that both should have a Power/Body/Attack that creates an alternate winning condition.

I think there should be an 'it' after the words in Metoer Falls :p Also, I think the MPidgeot should say '...attach a Zephyr Energy from your hand...'?

I really like the direction you've gone with the 'start of turn' and 'start of game' ideas, especially Voltorb Flip.Very cool. My only concern is Ho-oh. How exactly do other players no if Ho-oh is the card you draw and not something already in your hand? I guess you could say that players need to watch where the hand goes... but... Maybe you should have to discard/reveal it every time you draw it, or perhaps put it face down on your bench to activate it. Idk.

Gonna correct both Pidgeot and Meteor Falls, thanks for catching those! :)

The idea with Ho-Oh is that once you draw it, you immediately reveal it before putting it into your hand, but I'm not sure how to word it.

Last edited:
Fixed MPidgeot and Meteor Falls on the OP. I chose to go with this wording for Ho-Oh:
74%20coacutepia_zpsiuwh81dj.png
I'm still accepting suggestions for Rayquaza and Yveltal. :)

And for some new cards:

12%20coacutepia_zpsptojrizw.png
20%20coacutepia_zpsll1ljv0k.png
23%20coacutepia_zpsg26gh0hw.png
26%20coacutepia_zpssy0b66tu.png
I completely scrapped Mysterious Fossil, Restored Pokémon and the like from Welkin.
Pachirisu, Delibird and Aero are all fast setup Basics (all turn 1 achievable if you use Meteor Falls). I wanted the classic 'all fast basic action' archetype to be on Welkin, but not as strong as it was in Haymaker times. So all of them have 60 HP and x2 Weakness, while most other Pokémon in Welkin have +10, +20 or +30 Weakness.
Electrode is draw support for self damaging (i.e. Lightning types) decks.

14%20coacutepia_zpski9dcntk.png
25%20coacutepia_zpsudgkvckj.png
37%20coacutepia_zpsswzzxsla.png

Reuniclus has the same old Damage Swap power from Alakazam Base Set, but you must give away your Supporter for the turn to use it. Since it is such a strong Bench-sitter, I chose to give it 4 Retreat.
Duosion can copy (MTG players are familiar with this) another cards power as long as it activates when that card is evolved.
Skarmory is one more basic that can be situationally powerful, and can attack with just 1 energy if using Altaria or Meteor Falls.

Enjoy!

Wow! I really like the way you nuked the Reuniclus ability, and that Duosion ability is very cool! Wording error I spotted: it's 'in' each player's discard not 'on' it. I am against increasing a Retreat Cost for balancing purposes. I think a Retreat Cost should be similar other of the same card, and should be reflective on a Pokemon's speed and weight

Gonna fix that!

I just realized how OP is a Serperior/Duosion deck oO Thinking about having something with a Virizion EX ability to soft counter it.
Hope I finish the set soon so I can playtest it.

Depending on what format you play in, Serperior and Reuniclus may or may not be an OP combo. Trivia for you: Serperior BW and Reuniclus EP (or maybe or NV) with a similar ability were around during the same time...

The format is Welkin-on :p Serperior's power paralyzes and poisons the opponent's Active Pokémon upon being played, something that duosion can easily copy.
Were those 2 paired up during that time? I can recall some people making decks with Serperior BW but I never got to play against any.

72%20coacutepia_zpsohz5az25.png
76%20coacutepia_zpsetnddqc8.png

Zinnia is the ony card that searches specifically for Legendary Pokémon.
I'm not sure about Yveltal's spoilers. If anyone has suggestions for it or Rayquaza (as long as it involves an auto-win condition) feel free to post them!

I remember this topic! I posted here a long time ago, and I'm actually really glad you did well with your project, and especially that you took my advice and you gave each type something "special" to be featured. All can I say is that I actually really like how well it is done, the quality of the pictures, the details of the cards, and all of them feels special, even the common ones. Nice.

The only thing that bothers me (maybe I'm the only one) is the special border for some types. For example, Ice Pokémon has a different border, but they are still Water Pokémon. I wish they'd be either completely different type, or just would have the same border as the Water Pokémon.

That Yveltal is very very VERY overpowered. I like what you're doing, trying to create alternate win conditions, but that one strikes me as incredibly unbalanced. Quad Yveltal anyone?

That Yveltal is very very VERY overpowered. I like what you're doing, trying to create alternate win conditions, but that one strikes me as incredibly unbalanced. Quad Yveltal anyone?
You can't run quad Yveltal in this set because of the Legendary Pokemon rule in the set. Meaning you can only have one.

Even ignoring that, the card isn't that overpowered. Due to how the ability is worded, it's entirely up to your opponent if you get to win the game (since they have to deal 80 damage or more for you to win). They can just attack you for 70 or less and there's nothing Yveltal can do.

Back