Community The Beach Member Picture Thread

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
So today I went to get a haircut, the place was super-busy, so I figured I'd come back in 30 minutes. I walked around main street, noticed a few new collectibles shops. None of them had anything to do with Pokemon, but it never hurts to ask if they have Pokemon stuff. One of the shops specialized in collectible cars - that's all the owner knew. He had other collectibles for sale but didn't know much about them. I asked if he had any Pokemon items.

He said he didn't have any trading cards or other modern stuff, but he has a few little 'mini cards' out the back. So, he went out the back and I waited at the shop counter. He came back with a few things.

He had 7 or 8 Pokemon Stadium 3D Action cards - ones I already have, so I didn't get them. He also had a plastic takeaway container containing a Pokemon Game Boy Color, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold, Meowth (Wizards Promo 10) and Dark Persian (Team Rocket 42). Now, that seemed like a lot of good stuff, and a potentially expensive buy. I asked the shopkeep how much it was.

"Ten dollars."

I asked him what was wrong with it - because surely if it's that cheap, there's something wrong with it.

"Oh, one of the games kept asking me for the time and date and the battery cover on the GameBoy needs to be taped on or else it falls off."

I don't know anyone who's ever not broken the battery cover and needed to tape it on, and the time/date thing seems like a usual Pokemon GSC feature - a feature! So I bought the package:

[img=999x562]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97142242/WP_20150105_16_30_39_Pro%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]

I'm so happy with my purchase, I can't wait to find a slim portable HDD and convert the cheapie GameBoy into a portable HDD case.

Oh, and the haircut turned out pretty cool too:
WP_20150105_16_59_16_Pro.jpg

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
So... I'm actually posting somewhere other than the TCG forums. And.... surprise! It's PTCG related because that's my life. :p

Me with my Cities trophy that I won last week. It's kind of hard to see though.

IMG_1165_zpse91006e5.jpg

My playmat and deckbox, along with a better shot of the trophy, and the sleeves and box I won.
IMG_1149_zpsd55a52cb.jpg

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Finally made it so that it doesn't take me 5 minutes to start doing any work. Doesn't even take 5 seconds now.

B7QUZn1CQAAJ1tm.jpg:large

AAA

Gen III Nerd
Here's me I guess http://i.imgur.com/3PrSGK4.jpg

Look kinda younger then 14, but then again 14's still young

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
Just went to prom yesterday
slorNtF.png

My local league (warning, very big picture)
bf4K2W4.jpg

(switched to Imgur, dropbox wasn't being very nice)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Still not loading; looks like this isn't the shareable URL. It looks too long somehow. I was just playing around with Dropbox and got a shareable link by selecting the photo in question from the correct album on the website, hitting the "share 1 photo" button at the top of the web browser, and then selecting "get link" from the popup menu.

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
Athena said:
Still not loading; looks like this isn't the shareable URL. It looks too long somehow. I was just playing around with Dropbox and got a shareable link by selecting the photo in question from the correct album on the website, hitting the "share 1 photo" button at the top of the web browser, and then selecting "get link" from the popup menu.

I just uploaded the pictures to Imgur, should work now (hopefully).

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Back last March, I tried to get into DDR, but had little success because of my faulty pad. Thankfully, Athena recommended one of the foam-filled ones for me, so I've been playing since about 30 days ago and I've gotten pretty good. Just today I completed Maximizer Heavy on DDR Extreme with an A, and here's the image for my score...

thanksathena.png

For anyone that thinks I cheated with a Controller, I have a video of my playthrough here: http://tcghq.blogspot.com/2015/05/ddr-extreme-maximizer-heavy-a.html (I would have embedded it with Youtube, but I couldn't since this is just uploaded onto my blog.)