A trademark for VSTAR Universe (VSTARユニバース) has been filed by Pokemon. It’s under the same terms as trademarks previously used for set names.
Based on its “generic” name, it’s likely this will be Japan’s annual reprint set like last November’s VMAX Climax. There have been several cards revealed in English that Japan hasn’t received yet, including our prerelease promos and a full art Lucario V. They could be sourced from this set.
Trademarks are usually discovered five to seven months before we see them used, so this set should release in late fall. This falls in line with the release dates for past reprint sets.
Other upcoming Japanese sets include:
- Dark Phantasma on May 13th featuring Hisuian Zoroark VSTAR
- Lost Abyss on July 15th featuring Giratina Origin VSTAR (both of the above will form our Lost Origin set in August)
- Incandescent Arcana in August?
- Paradigm Trigger in September?
- VSTAR Universe in November?
- A theoretical Scarlet Collection & Violet Collection in December?