PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013! Yay for Delta Nite and Eagle4!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013!

I don't know how people could use mega pokes when we don't even know how they're going to be incorporated into the TCG.

PMJ said:
I don't know how people could use mega pokes when we don't even know how they're going to be incorporated into the TCG.

There are crazy people out there who think they know everything. I just want to put my foot down before they try.

PMJ said:

*rewinds to early on in Gen IV and V when people made cards despite not even knowing the Pokémon's English names*

PMJ said:

I can't believe people used latios101's blanks when larger illus boxes weren't incorporated to the TCG!

Everyone else making Arcanine.... HE'S MINE

Arcanine 120 HP
Stage 1- Evolves from Growlithe

NO. 059 Legendary Pokémon HT: 6'03" WT: 341.7 lbs.

Ability: Burning Mane
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 1 damage counter on one of your Pokémon. If you do, put 1 damage counter on one of your opponent's Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Flames of Rage 60+
If this Pokémon has any [R] any attached to it, you may discard all [R] energy attached to it. If you do, this attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

weakness [W]x2
resistance
retreat cost [C][C][C]

Arcanine's size and ability to sprint for hours without stopping makes it a great method of transportation for those lucky enough to own one.

Not at all, but if there exists similar concepts, they'll all be marked down for Originality.

Q2jnosP.png

Not much to say here

Nod3 said:
That thing is overpowered.
Stage 1, 130 HP, which lets it survive a while - and it can survive for even longer because of its ability. The other thing is that each of your opponent's active pokémon - there is only 1 active pokémon. Unless you mean all pokés in play, in which case benched can't burn (although you're probably aware of this). And then all of that other damage.
The only redemption I can see is its 3 retreat cost and it only has weakness, which maybe balances it out a little more to maybe only +4 OP points out of a possible range of -10 to +10. -1 or 0 is usually best.

Be quiet, GoobieDoob.

Yeah, I think it's safe to just ask you guys not to critique each other's cards...at least not to the extent of Noddeh's post.

Leave that to the judges. Thanks guys!

Hey, I'm not goobiedoob!

Also he forgot the set symbol so he can't win ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Magcargo EX [R] 180 HP
Basic

Ability: Magma Armor
All damage done to this pokemon is reduced by 10 for each [R] Energy attached to it.

[R] [R] [C] Lave Plume 70+
The defending pokemon is now Burned. You may discard 2 [R] Energy attached to this pokemon. If you do, this attack does 50 more damage.

W: [F] R: ___ Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

"They sleep in pools of magma. Occasionally, their shells will break and flames spout from the cracks."

I've been careful checking the wording this time. I'll double check later for errors.
edit: Added pokedex entry.

Chandelure 130 HP [R]
Stage 2 (Evolves from Lampent)

NO. 609 Luring Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 75.6 lbs.

Ability Burning Spirit
Each of Chandelure's attacks does 10 more damage for each Basic Pokémon your opponent has in play (before applying Weakness and Resistence).

[C][C] Cursed Fire 60+
If Chandelure has any [P] Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused. If Chandelure has any [R] Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W]x2
Resistence: none
Retreat: [C][C]

"It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance."

Oops, I forgot the set symbol. I'll add it later today.

and slops to nod3 for his scumbag post in which he secretly noted that I forgot the set symbol. u scared bro?

Reggie McGigas said:
Hey, why not just judge the original cards and not the fixed ones?

When I ran the original CaC, that's what I did. No edits allowed, period. It made everyone much more careful about what they posted, and ensured that winners stayed winners, while the cards that needed work couldn't win.

Of course, CaC is run now by DNA so his rules go!

Reggie McGigas said:

Because I am not a jerk.

If this persists, however, I will disallow edits in future months.

DNA said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Because I am not a jerk.

If this persists, however, I will disallow edits in future months.

I see your point, but PMJ will most likely win thanks to goobiedoobNod3, and it's really not fair to the others who carefully planned theirs out. Just sayin, not hatin :p

>implying I'm actually doing his fixes

Set symbol has been added. I apologize for having to edit it, but in my defense, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've had to edit a submission, I didn't change any of the mechanics of the card, and when your computer might crap out on you at any moment, you tend to try to get things done as quickly as you can =[

I'm sort of offended how you judged me like that. I wouldn't have said anything anyways! Well, actually i might've. :D ~jk

Back