PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013! Yay for Delta Nite and Eagle4!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013!

Stage 1, evolves from Numel. Camerupt HP 90 [R]

Ability Spontaneous combustion: Once during your turn, if this pokemon is in your active spot, you may flip 3 coins. If you get 1 heads, you may put 1 damage counter on the defending pokemon. If you get 2 heads, you may put 2 damage counters on all of your opponent’s pokemon in play. If you get 3 heads, you may put 5 damage counters on the defending pokemon. (Don’t apply weakness and resistance to benched pokemon)

[R][R][R] Magma blast 50
Flip a coin. If it’s heads, the defending pokemon is now burned. If it is tails, you add 2 damage counters to camerupt.

Idea I had for awhile. Originally was for Magcargo, but I think camerupt fits the bill better.

I fail to see the problem with people making edits to their cards.

Just judge what you see posted on the day in which you do the judging. Ensuring that people haven't had outside feedback is impossible; I could have asked like twenty different people on other forums to evaluate the mechanics of my card; you wouldn't have known the difference. And hell, if you want to do practically -anything- well, I've always believed getting other people to look at it - this is a contest on a Pokémon forum, for Arceus' sake, not a bloody examination! :p If Noddeh wants to give advice to his competitors to improve the quality of their work, more power to him I would say.

Flame Claw said:
Ensuring that people haven't had outside feedback is impossible; I could have asked like twenty different people on other forums to evaluate the mechanics of my card; you wouldn't have known the difference.
I know; that's the point. I want people to do that before they post their entries, and not after, optimally. I want people to be absolutely confident in their entries at the time they post them, instead of realizing about 15 minutes later "oh I should have done this, can I go back and change?"

This wasn't really a problem in previous months, but August seems to be, for lack of a better word...ill-behaved? I usually don't bring things up unless there's a problem. I don't have a problem with minor edits and stuff, but...this is growing ridiculous.

Completely forgot I'd requested a space! Thanks for squeezing me in.
*edit*, so here's my first ever text-based CaC! Very simple but also kinda gimmicky.
BW-era based. :)
Ninetales - [F] - 110HP
Stage 1; Evolves from Vulpix

[C][C] - Take Down - 40
This Pokémon does 20 damage to itself.

[F][F][F] - Whiplash - 20x
Flip 9 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness - [W]x2
Resistance - [none]
Retreat Cost - [C][C]
Each of its nine tails is imbued with supernatural power, and it can live for a thousand years.
Rarity - non-holo Rare

DNA said:
Flame Claw said:
Ensuring that people haven't had outside feedback is impossible; I could have asked like twenty different people on other forums to evaluate the mechanics of my card; you wouldn't have known the difference.
I know; that's the point. I want people to do that before they post their entries, and not after, optimally. I want people to be absolutely confident in their entries at the time they post them, instead of realizing about 15 minutes later "oh I should have done this, can I go back and change?"

This wasn't really a problem in previous months, but August seems to be, for lack of a better word...ill-behaved? I usually don't bring things up unless there's a problem. I don't have a problem with minor edits and stuff, but...this is growing ridiculous.

The problem then is that you have to define what is a minor edit, which will become needlessly difficult. Is pasting the symbol on a minor edit? Is fixing a typo a minor edit? Is rewording an attack a minor edit? etc..

It'd be much easier for yourself if you just give the date you will start moderating them and say that everything has to be final by then.

I do; it's called "the deadline is always the last Sunday of the month" (exceptions are when there are only a few days left in the month after that Sunday, in which case I may push it back a week).

And Heatran enters the competition!

Heatran EX 180 HP [R]

Ability- Spread Heat
As long as this Pokemon is in play, your opponent's Benched Pokemon may become Burned.

[R] [R] [C] Searing Snipe-
Discard all [R] Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 80 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon). That Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness- [W]
Resistance-
Retreat- [C] [C] [C]

@DNA - would it not be best to have entries sent to you directly? That way its final and no changes can occur, images can go to CMP etc.

aschefield101 said:
@DNA - would it not be best to have entries sent to you directly? That way its final and no changes can occur, images can go to CMP etc.
That would be extremely boring.

Imo minor edit = no changes to what the card does.

I'm going to have to withdraw this time. I haven't been able to draw anything this month. :/

All right...Sad to see you go. Maybe next month you'll have better luck with drawing stuff, eh?

There's now 1 free slot for anyone who would like to take it...and get their card finished within 4 days.

Teal said:
That would be extremely boring.

Imo minor edit = no changes to what the card does.

Your assuming all edits are minor. What impression DNA gave was either a multitude of edits minor or not - and/or mass edits on image based.

I think its fine the way it is. You should contact DNA asking if you can make the edit, and if he improves, you make it, It's always interesting seeing the entries.

I do have something planned next month to discourage editing.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I think its fine the way it is. You should contact DNA asking if you can make the edit, and if he improves, you make it, It's always interesting seeing the entries.

^this.

Wait, why not save the image urls for text, and save the text based entries on word/notes so they can't be changed.

Chandelure 110HP [R]
Stage 2

Ability:Soul Fire
This Pokémon gets an additional +20 HP for each [R] energy attached to it.

[.] Soul Burst 50
Discard a [R] energy attached to this Pokémon. If you can't discard a [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, this Pokémon does 30 damage to itself. If the defending Pokémon has any [R] energy attached to it, this attack does 20 more damage.

[.] Pyroclasm 90
Discard 3 [R] energy attached to this Pokémon. If you can't discard 3 [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, this Pokémon does 70 damage to itself. Flip a coin for each of your opponents benched Pokémon. For each heads, this attack does 90 damage to 1 of your opponents benched Pokémon.

Weakness:[W]x2
Resistance:None
Retreat cost:[.]

Who you gonna call? HEALTH BASED CASTERS!
Edit: Grammar fixed.
Edit2: Reference for Pyroclasm: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/ability/pyroclasm-378
Edit3: Changed wording a bit.

(R) Ninetales EX 110 HP
Basic -- Team Plasma Pokemon

Ability: Plasma Suns
Once during your turn, when you put this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench, you may attach up to 2 Plasma Energy cards from your hand to your Active Pokemon.

(R)(R)(C) Sunniest Day 30x
If this Pokemon has any Plasma Energy attached to it, this attack does 30 damage times the number of (R) Pokémon you have in play.

Weakness: (W)
Resistance: (G)
Retreat: (C)

I figured it would work well with lugia or emboar. It can Ohko things and can accelerate itself a little instead of Colress machine so I gave it relatively low HP

Seems like I'm last again.
torchiccoacutepia_zpsc937839b.png

I went for something simple this month. It's nice to do simple Basic Pokémon for a break. This card will be featured in Welkin, a set that people should learn more about in the next few days. The use of 'Torchic' as self-reference instead of 'this Pokémon' is intentional. The rest is BW wording. I like the mix :)
I've never seen a [R] Pokémon with a healing attack, so I guess that could count for creativity, right?

Alright, guys....submission time is closed! We'll begin working on the scores and should have them up ASAP!

Back