PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013! Yay for Delta Nite and Eagle4!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013!

There is now only one slot left. For anyone interested to participate, and wants to after the signups have closed, work on an entry in the meantime. There are always a few dnfs every month, so I'll drop those after deadline in favor of those with actual entries.

Hmm. Running a risk here.

Magcargo ex 100 HP [R]

219.gif

218.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Slugma
When a Pokémon ex is Knocked Out, your opponent takes two Prize cards.

Poke-BODY: Heat Intensify
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may discard 2 Energy cards attached to Magcargo ex. If you do, place 1 damage counter on every Benched Pokémon in play.

[R][C] Solidify
Any damage done to Magcargo during your opponent's next turn is reduced by 20.

[R][R][R] Terraform 60
Discard all Energy cards attached to Magcargo ex in order to use this attack. Return all Energy cards attached to your opponent's Defending Pokémon to his/her hand.

Weakness [W]
Resistance [G]
Retreat Cost [C][C][C]
B2/W2 Sprites

Changelog said:
  • Changed from: " During your opponent's next turn the Defending Pokemon's attacks are reduced by 30.

To: Any damage done to Magcargo during your opponent's next turn is reduced by 20.
  • Added accents
  • Changed all accounts of 'EX' to 'ex'

ANd here's my entry

Is it's okay I don't use the Picture of the energy symbols

[Basic] Chandelure EX HP 170 [R]

[Ability] Shadow Flames
Whenever you attach a [R] energy card to Chandelure EX, put 2 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokémon.

[R][C] Midnight Glow 60
Discard a [R] energy card attach to Chandelure EX. During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effect of attack by your opponent's Pokémon to Chandelure EX.

Weakness - [D]
Resistance - [NONE]
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

Pokémon-EX Rule - [When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

Delta said:
[R][C] Solidify
During your opponent's next turn the Defending Pokemon's attacks are reduced by 30.

Reread the content of the attack.

Chronus MSEA said:
Is it's okay I don't use the Picture of the energy symbols

Yes! It's perfectly fine. Some of us just use them to paint a clearer image. I could PM you the symbols I use if you want, though :D

[Ability] Shadow Flames
Whenever you attach a [R] energy card to Chandelure EX, put 2 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokémon.

This Ability is way too overpowered.

[R][C] Midnight Glow 60
Discard a [R] energy card attach to Chandelure EX. During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effect of attack by your opponent's Pokémon to Chandelure EX.

You might want to check the wording on this.

GoobieDoob said:
First of all, Arctic, the card is awesome! But what font did you use when typing out Houndoom's level?

Futura Std Bold, and Futura LT Bold

Nod3 said:
Delta said:
[R][C] Solidify
During your opponent's next turn the Defending Pokemon's attacks are reduced by 30.

Reread the content of the attack.

Made one or two changes. Including adding accents. Thanks!

Delta said:
Hmm. Running a risk here.

Magcargo EX 100 HP [R]

219.gif

218.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Slugma
When a Pokémon-EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes two Prize cards.

Poke-BODY: Heat Intensify
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may discard 2 Energy cards attached to Magcargo EX. If you do, place 1 damage counter on every Benched Pokémon in play.

[R][C] Solidify
Any damage done to Magcargo during your opponent's next turn is reduced by 20.

[R][R][R] Terraform 60
Discard all Energy cards attached to Magcargo EX in order to use this attack. Return all Energy cards attached to your opponent's Defending Pokémon to his/her hand.

Weakness [W]
Resistance [G]
Retreat Cost [C][C][C]
B2/W2 Sprites

ex era cards refer to the exs as Pokemon ex, so no hyphen or capitals (except the P)

Thanks for the tip

[Basic] Chandelure EX HP 170 [R]

[Ability] Shadow Flames
Once during your turn, when you attach a [R] energy card to Chandelure EX, put 2 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokémon.

[R][C] Midnight Glow 60
Discard a [R] energy card attach to Chandelure EX. Prevent all effects of an attack, excluding damage, done to Chandelure EX during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness - [D]
Resistance - [NONE]
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

Pokémon-EX Rule - [When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

And that's all 30 slots.
Remember, if you don't think you can finish, drop out so someone else can have your spot.

Chronus MSEA said:
[R][C] Midnight Glow 60
Discard a [R] energy card attach to Chandelure EX. Prevent all effects of an attack, excluding damage, done to Chandelure EX during your opponent's next turn.

I believe the correct wording would be:

Discard a [R] Energy on this Pokémon. During your next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, (excluding damage), done to this Pokémon.

Actually, aside from not stating "this Pokémon" instead of "Chandelure EX", Chronus is right.

Well, that figures. I try. I try.

(And I don't have a card rulebook :p)

Action!:

Arcanine 130 HP [R]
Stage 1 evolves from growlithe

Ability:Blazing spirit
If your opponent has 1 Prize Card remaining, this Pokemons attacks do 80 more damage.

[R] [R] [R] Flamethrower 90

[R] [R] [R] [R] Flare blitz
Choose 2 of your opponents Pokemon. This attack does 110 damage to those Pokemon.(Don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon.)This pokemon does 150 damage to itself.

Weakness:[W] Reasistance:[G]

Reatreat:3
The sight of it running over 6200 miles in a day and night has trampled many people.

Edit: wording/punctuation fix times? Also, thanks goobiedoob.

Lugia123 said:
Ability:Blazing spirit
If your opponent has 1 prize card remaining this Pokemons attacks do 80 more damage.

[R] [R] [R] Flamethrower 90

[R] [R] [R] [R] Flare blitz
Choose 2 of your opponents pokemon. This attack does 110 damage to those pokemon.(Don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon.)This pokemon does 150 damage to itself.

These attacks are very overpowered. Basically this Stage 1 Pokemon can do 170 damage for only three
fire.gif
Energy. Oh yeah, and it's the first time I've seen a card do 110 damage. I don't think it's ever been done :p.

Plus, the wording is ok. Just need to work on capitalization and punctuation. Here:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ability: Blazing Spirit
If your opponent has 1 Prize Card remaining, this Pokémon's attacks do 80 more damage.

[R][R][R] Flamethrower 90

[R][R][R][R] Flare Blitz
Choose 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 110 damage to those Pokémon.(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). This Pokémon is now Knocked Out.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

EDIT: Also, no Fire-Type card has a resistance to Grass Energy.

GoobieDoob said:
These attacks are very overpowered. Basically this Stage 1 Pokemon can do 170 damage for only three
fire.gif
Energy. Oh yeah, and it's the first time I've seen a card do 110 damage. I don't think it's ever been done :p.

Weavile's a Stage 1, and that can do 180 for 2 energy, and with that, you don't need your opponent to be 1 prize away from winning. Also, Flare Blitz with the +80 from Blazing Spirit does next to nothing, because unless you have a Life Dew, you lose by using it.

My cards is pretty much done. I just like to wait, in case I spot a wording error.

Back