PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013! Yay for Delta Nite and Eagle4!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013!

Delta Nite did a Crystal Steelix back on February, so sure, why not?
Actually, wait. Crystal Pokemon are natively Colorless. Sorry, I think you missed your chance.

Moltres HP 90 (Basic) [C]

rainbowfire_moltres_recolor_v2_0_by_xshojirox-d4u3cdp.gif

{Poke-BODY} Crystal Type
Whenever you attach a [R],[T], or [P] basic Energy card from your hand to Moltres, Moltres' type (color) becomes the same as that type of energy card until the end of your turn.

[R][T][P] Crystal Blast 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage. If tails, discard an energy attached to Moltres.

[R][R][P][C] Rainbowfire 100
Discard all energy attached to Moltres. Moltres does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness [W]
Resistance
Retreat Cost [C][C][C]

Illus.xshojirox

Didn't he just say it's a Colorless so it doesn't count? Very nice sprite work though to whoever made that.

I don't know who gave you guys the Ribena but can we please keep it down? I've already had to deal with about four of you in the past couple hours alone.

GoobieDoob said:
Didn't he just say it's a Colorless so it doesn't count? Very nice sprite work though to whoever made that.

Yup, I'm going to make a new one. When I saw the sprite I just had to make the crystal one!

This time, it will be a regular Moltres. I would do Reshiram, but we've had what, 7 Reshiram cards in the BW era? Even though Moltres has had 2 cards in the BW era, he is one of the most under appreciated legendaries.

Also, if any of you have looked at my fourm, you should know that my next set I'm going to make is called Extreme Dream. Moltres is a part of this set, so this will be a spoiler for the Moltres card from that set.

(Basic) Moltres HP 120 [R]

146.gif

[Ability] Fire Storm
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may discard a [R] Energy from your hand. If you do, you may draw 3 cards.

[R][R][C] Blaze Burn 70
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now burned. If tails, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

EDIT: Also, I should mention that Flame Claw's Moltres is slightly OP. Explanation:

Get a Moltres down t1, attach energy, play ultra ball to discard 2 fire energies from your hand, get another moltres on your bench. T2 play a second ultra ball, discard 2 energies, get a third moltres on your bench. Attach energy, and use one of your benched moltres' ability to attach the discarded fire energy to your active moltres. Active moltres uses it's attack, discards it's energy for a t2 250 damage. Then, just get your energy back with a benched moltres and use the active moltres' attack, discard the energy, and you still get at least 160 damage. When Moltres is badly damaged, scramble switch onto a benched moltres, use a benched moltres' ability, and just keep destroying your opponent.

Delta said:
I don't know who gave you guys the Ribena but can we please keep it down? I've already had to deal with about four of you in the past couple hours alone.

I have no idea what this means.

He deleted my post in the process. If you saw what it was you'd know what he meant.

Y u no let me Fletchling? T_T
Stage ? - Talonflame- HP110 - Fire - Evolves from Fletchling
NO. ??? Scorching Pokémon HT: 4311" WT: 54.0 Ibs.

[Ability] Scorching Arrow
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 10 Damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like. If you do, this Pokémon does 100 damage to itself.

[R][C][C] Brave Bird 90
This Pokémon does 40 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fighting (×2) Resistance: None

Retreat: 0

Flavour Text: One of Our Great Lord Fletchling’s future evolutions. You shall obey it or face the loss of your Eyeballs!

I'm not sure how to feel about a Stage ? Pokemon...

DNA said:
I'm not sure how to feel about a Stage ? Pokemon...

It's not confirmed which stage it is, so I was undecided. An idea would be to view it first as a stage 1, and then as a stage 2, and average the scores or something.(Ignore the ???s, it's the best I could do.)

I'm going to edit my entry if that's all right:

(Stage 1) Rapidash // HP90
fire.gif

Evolves from Ponyta
078.gif

NO. 078 Fire Horse Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 209.4 Ibs.

colorless.gif
colorless.gif
Horn Pin 30
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, the Defending Pokémon can't attack or retreat. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for this attack's damage.)

fire.gif
fire.gif
fire.gif
colorless.gif
Mane Down 90
This Pokémon does 20 damage to itself.

weakness resistance
water.gif
x2
retreat cost
colorless.gif
colorless.gif

Its long, sleek legs make it able to escape from any battle.

EDIT1: This is final and is my entry for the competition.
EDIT2: These symbols are NOT custom.

Flame Claw said:
FIIIRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE SMOKE SHE IS A RISIN'

xy_moltres_by_flamingclaw-d6gb8c3.png

A guesstimation of XY-era power levels, based on the jump from HGSS-BW, akin to the Honedge I made a while back. With thanks to Fang for the original Acanthite blank and textures I modified to make this template, and asche for the artwork.

Holy cow that would be OP vs most old cards. By default it already does 130 damage, because of the 2 fires attached to it.

Edit: ReggieMcGigas explains beautifully how OP it is.

Sign me up for Image-Based.

I thought about making a Moltres card, but since we already have two (and likely more to come, since it's one of the coolest hottest Fire-types out there), I'll try doing something else. If all else fails, prepare for another spoof card (though I'd really like to try something serious this time).

Back