Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Not much info has been confirmed. Some sources said late '14 while more (including the most recent few) said early '15. No specific date has been released, at least to my knowledge.

All official sources say 2015.

I just watched Gen 1 and Gen 2 episodes and I feel sick... NEVER eat anything sweet when watching MLP or Tales.

Not sure about timeline theories, but I think these could be plausible:

Gen 4 -> Gen 3 (Ponies named after Ancestors) -> Gen 1 (Only in Girls of Equestria canon) -> Gen 2 (When the Ponies take over the human world)

Gen 1 -> Gen 2 (Ponies take over the human world)

Gen 2 -> Gen 1 (Humans kick Ponies out of the cities) -> Gen 4 (Humans get sent to an alt dimension or are wiped out) -> Gen 3 (Most non-Earth Ponies are killed off and many young are named after the fallen Ponies, to honor them)

Equestria Girls canon and regular Gen 4 canon merge -> Gen 2 (Some Humans live where Ponies should and some Ponies live where humans should) -> Gen 1 (Ponies decide that they don't belong in Cities and Towns made for people, while some humans are against Ponies going back to how they used to live) -> Gen 3

Gen 3 = Gen 4 -> Gen 2 (Ponies develop more advanced technology) -> Gen 1 (Ponies become mostly nomads and pacifists after humans take over)

PMJ said:

The Hub responded to press inquiries with "definitely 2015", as well as having a (since-redacted) press statement saying it would be "Fall 2015". Last time they announced an Autumn announce date (wtf is Fall? silly Americans) it actually ended up being in November-ish, so it's really up in the air. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a November premiere, as it ties in well with their most successful scheduling slots, but by the same token, they're deliberately giving themselves the room to move it down to 2015 for a reason.

Personally, after painfully antagonising waits after seasons 1-3 ended (as if being a fan of Sherlock and Gravity Falls wasn't enough...), I decided that the best solution was to just not get around to finishing season 4 until season 5's premiere date is coming up. Seems to be working well so far in terms of reducing anticipation, but I'm not too sure that it's entirely worth it. Oh well, decent experiment either way.

Sellyme said:
PMJ said:

The Hub responded to press inquiries with "definitely 2015", as well as having a (since-redacted) press statement saying it would be "Fall 2015". Last time they announced an Autumn announce date (wtf is Fall? silly Americans) it actually ended up being in November-ish, so it's really up in the air. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a November premiere, as it ties in well with their most successful scheduling slots, but by the same token, they're deliberately giving themselves the room to move it down to 2015 for a reason.

Personally, after painfully antagonising waits after seasons 1-3 ended (as if being a fan of Sherlock and Gravity Falls wasn't enough...), I decided that the best solution was to just not get around to finishing season 4 until season 5's premiere date is coming up. Seems to be working well so far in terms of reducing anticipation, but I'm not too sure that it's entirely worth it. Oh well, decent experiment either way.

I get what you're saying. I wanted to watch the Season Finale of Korra in a few weeks, but I got bored.
Also, it'll mean you have to wait anyway.

Sellyme said:
PMJ said:

The Hub responded to press inquiries with "definitely 2015", as well as having a (since-redacted) press statement saying it would be "Fall 2015". Last time they announced an Autumn announce date (wtf is Fall? silly Americans)
1. We are not silly
And
2. As you probably realized already, Fall is our more common word for autumn.

Queen Sylveon said:
1. We are not silly
And
2. As you probably realized already, Fall is our more common word for autumn.

I dunno... most of the people I know are silly in some way, myself included (Pinkie Pie smiles on us all). :D That aside, I'm excited for the fifth season, whenever it's going to start. In the meantime I'm curious about Rainbow Rocks. I was quick to judge the first Equestria Girls, only to see it and be pleasantly surprised, so I'm not going to give an opinion until it's released. I found the shorts released to be enjoyable, especially the Vinyl one.

Wigglytuff said:
Well, I just started watching. Finished Season 1 in 4 days...
Help

Shhh... Just let it happen.

Seriously though the same thing happened to me and I regret only that I didn't pick it up sooner (only because there's so much great stuff in the fandom I know I missed)

iSharingan said:
Wigglytuff said:
Help

Shhh... Just let it happen.

Seriously though the same thing happened to me and I regret only that I didn't pick it up sooner (only because there's so much great stuff in the fandom I know I missed)
I'm trying to slow down because I'd prefer not to finish in a few weeks and have to wait a really long time for Season 5

Wigglytuff said:
Help

4 days? you're perfectly fine, darling, it took me nine straight hours.

I'd say that if you managed to stretch it for that long, you'll be just fine.

professorlight said:
Wigglytuff said:
Help

Each episode is a bit more than 22 minutes. There are 26 episodes in the first season.
22 minutes x 26 episodes = 572 minutes
572/ 60= 9.53333333333 hours
60 x .53333333333 = 31.9999999998
You LIAR
It took you approximately 9 Hours and 32 Minutes!
Plus all the time for switching to the next episode, the extra 1-3 seconds at the end of each episode! Bathroom breaks! Food Breaks!
I can't believe you!

Edit: Also, school. I don't have 9 free hours of time in a day to watch MLP. I cri :(

Wigglytuff said:
professorlight said:

Each episode is a bit more than 22 minutes. There are 26 episodes in the first season.
You LIAR
Plus all the time for switching to the next episode, the extra 1-3 seconds at the end of each episode! Bathroom breaks! Food Breaks!
I can't believe you!

Edit: Also, school. I don't have 9 free hours of time in a day to watch MLP. I cri :(

I may not have it down at the minute, but there was no switching, since it was the first season, back to back, on a single video on youtube; and no bathroom breaks, no food breaks and I was forced to cut off at about 6-7 in the morning two hours short of finishing the season.

The next day (sunday) I finished the season and watched it all over again; no breaks this time.

professorlight said:
Wigglytuff said:
You LIAR
I can't believe you!

I may not have it down at the minute, but there was no switching, since it was the first season, back to back, on a single video on youtube; and no bathroom breaks, no food breaks and I was forced to cut off at about 6-7 in the morning two hours short of finishing the season.

The next day (sunday) I finished the season and watched it all over again; no breaks this time.
It was just a joke... I-I'm sorry...

I joined the herd right towards the end of season one. I hadn't even heard of the show until Zenith posted the thread and I checked it out, and even then it wasn't until I watched a PMV with a cool song and I was hooked, even though the guy singing was a dude and I'm pretty sure that pony is a girl and I have no idea what she sounds like and maybe this show is all right, I'll check it out

I started with the very first episode, and fortunately I'm open-minded and I like to give a series a couple episodes before I write it off so it wasn't that big a deal.

The ponies are sexy cute, and I like sexy cute things, so I was hooked. Been an active brony ever since. Season one had actually ended before I myself watched every episode, but I've been watching the new episodes a bit after they air since I prefer to watch them on my laptop, in high quality, with no commercials.

Right now I've got all ninety-two episodes as well as Equestria Girls in 1080p goodness; 52 GB never looked so good.

Back