Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Hey guys, it's opinion time! :p

Tanks for the Memories:
Wow, based on the comments I've read so far on EQD, this appears to be a 'love it or hate it' type of episode. Personally, I'm in the 'love it' category. It's pretty obvious Tank's hibernation is alluding to death and Dashie is going through the 5 stages of grief throughout the episode. Well, played writers, well played.
The jokes were pretty funny, especially the "winter is coming' bit from Twilight and the Abbott and Costello routine between those 3 random pegasi!
I'll admit, the Dashie crying bit did go on for a little bit too long and I had some conflicting feelings with how to react to it(This better not be the beginning of Modern SpongeBob Syndrome!). But, the ending was pretty darn FEELZ-inducing. ;_;

Bloom and Gloom:
Blah, blah, blah, Inception, blah, blah, blah.
But seriously, this was a pretty fun and trippy episode, like the previous 2 CMC dream eps before it.
OMG BABS SEED GOT HER CUTIE MARK!!!
Spot the differences with the breakfast food every time a new dream starts!
AJ's lullaby was pretty cute, I must say.
Please kill Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for me, at least their obnoxiousness. (Love their designs, but sweet Celestia are they annoying!)

Castle Sweet Castle:
"I'm pancake!"
Ok, tbh, I was kinda expecting a few more feels in terms of memories of the library, but it was a good episode, ending was sweet.
The scenes with Twilight and Spike were pretty funny, especially Bulk Biceps grabbing Spike for his massage!
I wonder if we'll see more of Pinkie's confetti cannons exploding in later episodes, that would be hilarious.
I also wonder how they got all those scenes inside the gems on the chandelier. (Oh yeah, Magic. *snort snort*)

Pancake Sparkle is best princess.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey everyone! Long time no see (It's been like 4 years since I last posted here).

I still watch the show (though I don't get as excited about it as I used to). I'm kinda glad that the excitement and the hype around the show died down a bit. It lets me enjoy the show with my friends and not have the entire outside world criticize. It was easy to ignore, I'm just glad it isn't in the public eye nearly as much.

The last few episodes have been fun, I've never been that big of a fan of CMC but with all the screen time they are getting, I can imagine something big later on the season that pertains to them (not getting their cutie marks of course, but good character development).

I've been enjoying the new season a lot so far. I do love me some pancakes.

So how did everyone like Slice of Life, aka The Episode Where Everything Became Canon?

Hey there MLP fans! In all honesty, I have no idea what this show is about at all. I've seen a bunch of My Little Pony-related stuff on the Internet and I don't really know why so many people seem to watch it. I really am curious, so can someone please explain why My Little Pony is popular? :confused:

Well, depends very much on the demographic: little girls and boys like it because it is a good children's show and the characters are funny and adorable; grown women like it on account of the smart way it deals with societal feminist issues and because many liked MLP before and they still do; also because the characters are funny and adorable; a segment of grown men like it because it appeals to the internalized repression of feminine impulses brought by a sexist society and causes catharsis, and because the characters are funny and adorable; and a second subset of grown men are just content with corrupting everything that is good, pure, funny and adorable, so the rest of the people who like the show have to deal with their bad reputation.
Somewhere around there there are also trolls that use it for the shock value.

Also, I guess I should have come here to tell you all, but I'm running a FIM mafia game on another forum; if any of you want to see the setup to run it on pokebeach, or just want to spectate the game, do let me know; it's probably one of my best designs (and I've designed a lot).

Thanks for the explanation! It always seemed like a nice show that i could watch, but never really bothered to really see what it was about. Plus all the nasty things I've seen about it turned me off a bit, but I want to see some episodes now. Who knows, I might become a really big fan of it. :p

Thanks for the explanation! It always seemed like a nice show that i could watch, but never really bothered to really see what it was about. Plus all the nasty things I've seen about it turned me off a bit, but I want to see some episodes now. Who knows, I might become a really big fan of it. :p

It's no problem at all; just give it a try if you want to; in my experience, only a percentage of men are liable to like the show; the rest just say "it's a good show" and move on.
Most won't try it if they can't ignore the nasty things you've mentioned, of course.

Hey everypony! Looks like I'm the one to make this thread come back literally with a bang!

***DANGER. Massive spoilers ahead. Click at your own risk, this is a big one.***
So, Crusaders of the Lost Mark...um, how do I put this lightly...
its-happening.gif

FINALLY. FINALLY. FINALLY.
The 3 things I have wanted to see the most. They all happened. 1.) Silver Spoon FINALLY standing up to Diamond Tiara 2.) DT FINALLY getting some phenomenal character development and last but certainly not least 3.) the CMC, after 5 long, markless years, FINALLY getting their ever elusive cutie marks.

I'm still trying to take it all in after watching it 3 times in a row. I'm still getting used to the cutie marks themselves too, with the color scheme and considering they were blank flanks for so long. I love the idea of them helping other ponies understand their cutie marks, it sounds like they might be doing something similar to the Mane 6 but instead of friendship problems, they'll be solving destiny problems. So deep!

Oh yeah, Happy Belated 5th Anniversary MLP: FiM! Late by an hour.

So I was spoiled that they got their cutie marks by the official MLP page since I follow it on Facebook. Up until today I've been like five episodes behind, so I binge watched them and now I'm caught up.

I agree it's a bit strange to see them with [real] cutie marks. It'll be interesting to see how future episodes play out, now that the traditional 'CMC episode' is, for all intents and purposes, defunct.

I've always been a fan of Silver Spoon, so seeing her finally stand up to Diamond Tiara was quite refreshing. It would have meant more, I think, if Diamond Tiara hadn't gone into redemption mode immediately afterwards, but it was still nice to see Silver Spoon tell off her friend. I am excited to see how their characters will further develop.

During this whole song episode I thought it would be pretty neat to have a hugely long and complicated season finale, like five episodes long kind of long.

That awkward moment when you are more considerate about spoilers than an official Facebook page viewed by thousands more people.

Yeah, I just saw the MLP Facebook page with the post and hoo boy, do I see a lot of annoyed comments. Makes me glad I'm not on Facebook lol. You'd think they would hold up on telling the world that big of news for at least a day or two until more people actually get a chance to see the episode, yeesh.

Last edited:
I've fallen behind ever since my trip to the States, but looks like I have a good excuse to catch back up now. :3

as I've been mentioning various places:

Definitely not happy with the episode's end result. The songs were amazing, and it was well written (plus great character development), but how generic that result was... I mean, sure, now the [characters involved] won't become useless/fade into obscurity, but I also don't think that was how [the event] was originally intended to pan out.

Extra vague because people need to see the specifics for themselves :p

That's why you say something like EVERYTHING IN THE SPOILER SPOILS THE NEWEST EPISODE SO DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU SEEN IT

I think the writers must be thinking they're slick. The Cutie Mark Crusaders' ultimate destiny was literally to be cutie mark crusaders.

I just wonder how their episodes are gonna go. I guess there was the thing with Trouble Shoes and misunderstanding what his cutie mark meant, but usually it's pretty clear what a pony's meant to do.

Maybe they'll try and help all the hourglass mark ponies find their special talents?

Congrats to Shining Armor on the
SEX :D WAY TO GO MAN, PLOW THAT HORSE

I'm so far behind on ponies, I just binge watched the last like eight episodes in a row

SEASON FINALE

I liked the premise, but not so much the execution. I suppose I'm expecting too much from a children's show about colorful horses.

This would make a great season arc, but it doesn't fit with the slice-of-life style that this show uses.

I want to know what happened to Rainbow Dash's wing during the Sombra era. Also, I was really hoping he'd have lines but OH WELL. Also also, I seriously thought she was going to die but then I remembered what show I was watching.

Another thing that is slightly disconcerting is that Starlight Glimmer is immensely powerful. So much so that even Twilight couldn't stop her. I guess everyone is okay with that now that Starlight is on their side, but seriously, what would they do if she decided to defect in season six's opener?

When Twilight offered to give Nightmare Moon the time spell, I thought that she was going to recruit Nightmare Moon in order to help defeat Starlight Glimmer. argh so many hopes dashed in this episode

Anyway it wouldn't be ponies if it didn't end with a song, and the cast photo at the end was a nice way to close out the season.

Hooray for season six!

WHERE IS EVERYONE, ZENITH I MISS U

Just watched Friendship Games for the first time

Dean Cadence gave me the weirdest stiffy, like it's cool they humanized her and she's cute but I'm not digging the face

Evil Twilight was fun, was not expecting her to become the end boss but I can't help but feel it was just a leeeeeeetle bit forced. I was expecting some sorta super brawl between the mlp crew and the other guys, since all the magic was released I figured that the mlp crew would get some magic too and that's how they'd fight

The songs were pretty cool. I liked them better than the second movie's songs.

If (okay, when, I don't know who I'm kidding) we get the fourth EQG movie, it'll be interesting to see how they keep it fresh since now in the EQG universe it's basically season one all over again

Side note, I completely forgot that Sunset Shimmer is actually really smart, since she was one of Celestia's pupils before she dipped. I'm hoping that Sunset Shimmer will return for the actual MLP movie (as a pony).

Where is everyone, I'm so lonely :(

Sorry, life's been happening (plus I've been discussing most of my show-related ideas in a Skype group with several other brony artists from dA).

TBH, 'beach has seemed kinda dead from my point of view, so I've been elsewhere (still checking back from time to time, ofc). Then again, I don't play TCG, so it may just be the VG and RMT sections that were all-but abandoned
namely by the others who actually knew what they were talking about. All I've seen recently are newbies 'advising' other newbies and ignoring the one or two people who post and actually know what's what.

Celestia help if you actually post a legitimate team for feedback as you either get ignored or you only get the competitively unaware asking things you already stated in the original post

Back