Active Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by PMJ, Jan 8, 2018.

1. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

Today please. She can't have more than 20 posts.
    "Curious coordination" scumtells never work and IDK why people try to make them. Posting at the same time is nothing but pure coincidence, scumbuddy or not.
    And Lorde's smart enough that she is very likely not gonna be so obvious by buddying BB if they both are scum.

2. TOTAL_EPICNESS I know de wey
    TOTAL_EPICNESS

@PMJ
    It was a joke your count was spot on sorry if it caused any confusion

3. TOTAL_EPICNESS I know de wey
    TOTAL_EPICNESS

Regarding what people have said about it being odd that I didn’t defend myself
    If you look back I explain that I had other things to do plus some bad timing with battery life and internet and when I got back I saw that I had already been defended so yeah

4. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

Whoever said that is wrong because you had no real need to do anything more than you did.
    Now then, can you tell me what players in this game look suspicious to you and why? Preferably, can you name one that nobody else has?

5. GekkisaiDaiNi Bladey Bois
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Chat Room Staff Member

It'll be today. I just need a small break from Mafia for like another hour or 2 (I'm in 3 games rn and being active in all of them gets tedious).

6. simsands Half raccoon, half chipmunk
    simsands

If you don't think he's scummy, why are you still voting him and arguing against him? You say you want to pressure him to get a response, but don't you think you've already gotten one? And based on what you just said, you still don't find him especially scummy. Are you sure you're not just trying to make him crack under your pressure?

7. TOTAL_EPICNESS I know de wey
    TOTAL_EPICNESS

@NinjaPenguin
    I’m not that good at scumreading unless it’s from something I set up like a trick where certain roles will act differently unfortunately they all only work in a small group about 5 people
    So this is probably really bad but...
    Mariano(?): he seemed pretty hasty to question my lack of response

8. GekkisaiDaiNi Bladey Bois
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Chat Room Staff Member

Writing the ISO now.

What I wouldn't give for MafiaUniverse's quick ISO function rn...

9. Lord o da rings Pissed Off
    Lord o da rings

He's my top scum read rn, but that doesn't mean I think he's especially scummy. I'm keeping my vote here because of that. :U
    Looking forward to it.
    Here's a perfect example of a bandwagon, Gekki.
    1. By this logic it's my point and therefore I'm voting you for a completely different reason than BB, which literally makes it not a bandwagon.
    2 and 3 are disproven since it's apparently my own point by your own logic.
    Because you tried turning it into an actual case and bb didn't?

10. GekkisaiDaiNi Bladey Bois
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Chat Room Staff Member

RVS, moving on.
    This is actually kind of a townie post, trying to bring quaking into the game as well as answering my question.
    He's a new player, and everyone was posting fluff. This post feels unnecessary to me.
    Not scummy or townie, nothing of note.
    Another null-reading post.
    Once again, null. But notice the thing about OMGUS, because she will backpedal off that later.

This post shows a highly OOC sheepy mentality coming from Lorde, and she basically only votes based on the fact that I'm not sheeping bb like she is.
    Minor backpedal, and even in this part of the game it is not wise to assume everything that could possibly be a joke as a joke. Seems over-protective of TE.
    Null.
    1. It's not a joke until TE says it is.
    2. Null
    3. No, we didn't. You didn't point out what you were referring to, and not to mention it's not even a good point, and once again, it was just your interpretation for it.
    A pressure vote? You mean the same thing you attacked me over for putting on TE? :thinking:

P.S: You never posted what you were reading up on, iirc.
    More null
    Once again, not a joke until TE says it is.
    Null
    More null
    You just said it was a joke like 5 times, and shut my TE vote down based on that...
    N U L L

Also I was somewhat wrong about forum mafia being the same everywhere, I'll give you that.
    Also null
    It was still a bandwagon, you voted me for the same reasons as BB and did it extremely quickly after he did. And if my case isn't solid, how come you keep pushing it?
    The amount of votes on me does not matter. And it's fairly obvious it was sheeping.
    It's not even a point!
    I didn't ignore it, you were being super vague and I had no clue what you were referring to.
    Can I ask what are your scumreads on me now? Because I've debunked all of the ones you've already brought up and you haven't responded yet.

Just because it's a bandwagon doesn't mean what you did isn't.

It's still sheeping because you were promoting it as a "good point from bb", and using it as basis to vote me.

What about NP? He actually voted TE for it.

TLDR:

-OOC sheepy mentality
    -Voting based off of small, shaky points
    -Tunneling (It seems like she's out of points that haven't been debunked on me, but still isn't moving her vote.)
    -Somewhat over-protective of TE
    -A few hypocritical posts/scumreads.

And with that, ##VOTE: Lorde.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2018 at 1:32 PM
  11. GekkisaiDaiNi Bladey Bois
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Chat Room Staff Member

God damn spoiler glitch. -_-

@bbninjas, would you mind fixing that spoiler for me?

12. bbninjas Squid or Kid?
    bbninjas

Forum Super Mod Advanced Member Member

Fixed, with permission from PMJ.

13. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

Gekki, mind removing all points that actually apply to yourself to in all future cases? I find it strange to read someone as scum for something you're insinuating that you do as town, unless it's extremely off meta.

That means all that's left is:
    -OOC sheepy mentality~Although neither sheepy nor mentality are the words I'd use to describe this, her lack of being able to justify her vote rings a lot of alarm bells for me. This is really what's pinging me badly from Lorde.
    -Tunneling (It seems like she's out of points that haven't been debunked on me, but still isn't moving her vote.)~Somewhat applicable to you too, though you backpedaled once you realized your tunneling was stupid.
    -Somewhat over-protective of TE~Chainsaw defense argument only applies if we see a TE flip.
    Mind trying to keep up that kind of stuff out throughout the whole game? Because being too hasty to lynch you is a good point that I didn't notice.
    As you watch us play, try to slowly absorb what we do, and try to do some of the scumhunting yourself (or at least comment on cases and/or stuff you find illogical).

14. GekkisaiDaiNi Bladey Bois
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Chat Room Staff Member

Our town metas are different, Lorde doesn't usually do either of the two points you're excluding, while I do. So something can be a scumread for someone while being NAI for someone else, hence it still makes sense to include it in the ISO.

15. bbninjas Squid or Kid?
    bbninjas

I think you'll find that everyone does the voting based on weak evidence and being somewhat hypocritical to some degree, Gekki.

16. GekkisaiDaiNi Bladey Bois
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Chat Room Staff Member

I guess, but it's still worth noting.

17. bbninjas Squid or Kid?
    bbninjas

Any others that you'd like point out?

Why Lorde and not me?

18. GekkisaiDaiNi Bladey Bois
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Chat Room Staff Member

19. bbninjas Squid or Kid?
    bbninjas

Sorry, yeah, you're right.

Another weird thing: if this was your main reason, then it should have been included in your vote post, instead of the other two reasons.

You should probably try finding scummy stuff on people who didn't recently get called out and voted by someone else.

This. I don't really think the mindset thing is actually scummy; the only thing that goes on the list of "weird actions" for me is this contradiction:
    "Have you [Gekki] not been screaming at me in Discord for like a week about how bad one site's meta is and how different another one is?

Anyway, ##UNVOTE. I implied earlier but possibly didn't spell it out; this is turning out very similar to last game, so I'm really not feeling a mafian flip. (My initial vote was pressure.)

I also am not feeling this Lorde thing, and after reading a couple of pages on it, I'm a bit confused on what the main points actually are. I see sheeping/bandwagoning? This seems like a very weak reason; Lorde is at worst opportunistic scum, at best scumhunting/pressuring town; and so I just generally read it as neutral. Plus, this logic means that anyone who votes after someone else is bandwagoning, which is false. The only legitimate point that I've seen on Lorde is this one by simsands, about Lorde still voting/arguing against Gekki, and Lorde's response to it didn't make me change my mind.

On another note, NP's much more aggressive and isn't flying under the radar, as compared to last game (when he was scum). I don't know what to make of that though, since NP was also representing us on another site at the time, and they could explain things.

What is scummy is that NP was pressuring and focusing mainly on Gekki (this is after commenting on his mindset), and then in the post below, started switching towards pressuring and focusing nearly entirely on Lorde. The kicker is that I don't see any reason for NP's focus to switch so suddenly - it's not like Gekki gave a great defense to the points NP was focused on that should have changed NP's mind there and then.

##VOTE: NP

Also for the record, I've got a few other suspicions.

20. bbninjas Squid or Kid?
    bbninjas

In light of my recent post, was there anything that you still wanted me to respond to?

Moderated By

bbninjas, Vracken