Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I think we need to review the timeline regarding TE, because this is already getting messy:

Post #80 - TE arrives and requests to be caught up.
Post #86 - TE reads the thread as instructed and concludes that nothing happened and there is no information (and we are "kinda blind").
Post #87-#88 - In #87, Gekki tells TE to get information then. In #88, TE says that everyone should claim their roles. Gekki says that is not how it works.
Post #91 - TE says "ignored", which is probably referring to how people were ignoring his claim post. (Gekki says the above at #90, but the timing makes me think TE was ninja'd.)
Post #99 - TE misses Jade's question regarding his mafia experience, answers in #94, and gives more information on being asked by Jade up until #99. TE has had "some" experience, "mostly" in real life and played "like 2 games" on a forum a "long long time ago".
Post #100 - TE takes upon the advice of Gekki and RVS votes Aqua.
Post #104 - I ask TE why he suggested claiming (this is to analyse the thought process and read accordingly; does he suggest it because that's what he's used to IRL?)
Post #107 - TE votes me for saying he is weird (I actually said "interesting", and he missed my question). Lorde calls OMGUS at #108. Mariano says TE is attracting his attention at #110. I question Lorde at #111 (I was implying that a new player would often OMGUS).
Post #117 - NP asks a similar question to me, except implies that TE should/would be thinking about strategy. I say this is a weird expectation of a newbie in #120.
Post #122 - Gekki makes a "real vote" on TE for the "strange" claim thing and "almost OMGUS". Gekki says TE is not a new player, has played Discord mafia and shouldn't be "cut the slack" [i.e. treated like one]
Post #127 - I vote Gekki for a "scummy bandwagon on an easy new player lynch". Context: In #124, I suggest Gekki thinks about the differences between Discord and Forum mafia. In #126, Gekki says "of couse he has" [thought about it]. I asked this because it is typical for people to role claim early in Discord mafia, and the metas are hardly translatable anyway. In #128, Gekki asserts that TE is not new.
Post #129 - Lorde votes Gekki for "disregarding BB's point about OMGUS", and says that the massclaim suggestion must have been a gag.
Post #133 - Gekki claims that TE is the only semi-valid vote right now and that his vote shouldn't be suspicious.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Oh so that's what it is called. OMGUS. Sorry bb, I was just trying to make a joke.
##unvote:
Hmm who to vote for...

##vote:gekki because from the posts above is kind of like wifon but sort of not, also I really want to meet the post requirement.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Oh so that's what it is called. OMGUS. Sorry bb, I was just trying to make a joke.
##unvote:
Hmm who to vote for...

##vote:gekki because from the posts above is kind of like wifon but sort of not, also I really want to meet the post requirement.
This is mildly scummy. Talking about how they need to meet the post requirement but not actually posting anything useful. I just came in so I'm gonna read up on the TE/Gekki cases now.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
##unvote:
Hmm who to vote for...
OMGUS happens regularly in RVS, actually; joke is fine. ;)

Reading TLS townier from this post mainly because the reason is new (and is a good reason), because it shows TLS is trying to scumhunt and it doesn't feel bandwagony.

2. This is a fair point, actually. I'd like to see a response from @TOTAL_EPICNESS before commenting further on this one, however.
TE doesn't need to give "reasons for bb being weird" because of the context: I said "TE is... interesting" and then he votes me with a "no you are". That's all there is to it.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
TE doesn't need to give "reasons for bb being weird" because of the context: I said "TE is... interesting" and then he votes me with a "no you are". That's all there is to it.
Alright, then there's p much no case on TE. I'm keeping my vote where it is for now.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Heh, Jade ninja'd me saying that the post is scummy. TLS actually is contributing something, as you will see once you read up on the "cases" (term used loosely).

The Last Shaymin

Floof
This is mildly scummy. Talking about how they need to meet the post requirement
but not actually posting anything useful. I just came in so I'm gonna read up on the TE/Gekki cases now.
Sorry, I just may randomly not be able to post at random times so I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be modkilled.

Ok, so the reason I see gekki as scummy is because therer are a couple of random votes for him and all of a sudden he blows up sortof. Then he says that the new guy is not actually new and votes for him because that is scummy for some reason. Yeah so that's what I think.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Sorry, I just may randomly not be able to post at random times so I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be modkilled.
And as long as it's relevant and on topic at this point that's completely fair.
Ok, so the reason I see gekki as scummy is because therer are a couple of random votes for him and all of a sudden he blows up sortof. Then he says that the new guy is not actually new and votes for him because that is scummy for some reason. Yeah so that's what I think.
BB and I didn't put random votes on him, but Gekki gets aggravated under pressure, that's NAI for him. TE's not that new, he said it himself. He cracked some jokes and Gekki's scum reading him for his behavior, which I find ridiculous.
Can we have more of the activity?
It. Has. Been. Like. Five. Minutes.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@TLS; our activity is currently great. Posts from a variety of people every 5 minutes is on the higher end.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
To follow up on my timeline post/be more specific to the discussion:

Is TE a new player? Great question!

Experience:
- IRL mafia -- a different meta to forum mafia. IRL mafia is also very diverse - the only version I've played IRL was highly casual and we spent more time just guessing than actually scumhunting.
- Discord mafia -- not very similar or applicable to forum mafia.
- Forum mafia -- two games is a very small amount - you're not going to learn that much, and that is assuming that TE retained that information since the last time he played (probably years ago). He might remember that you vote and understand the basics of how teams work, and maybe some role types, but surely not strategy.

This is why his "OMGUS" does not phase me (plus, it's RVS), and I'm leaning towards the early claiming being a somewhat normal IRL mafia play. Or it was just a joke. Either way, not a semi-valid lynch.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
And as long as it's relevant and on topic at this point that's completely fair.

BB and I didn't put random votes on him, but Gekki gets aggravated under pressure, that's NAI for him. TE's not that new, he said it himself. He cracked some jokes and Gekki's scum reading him for his behavior, which I find ridiculous.

It. Has. Been. Like. Five. Minutes.
Ooh could this be anscumbuddy sticking up for a teammate???

Lol just kidding, but an interesting possibility.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Neither "case" is really sticking out to me tbh. TE's is not an actual case. Gekki's is barely better, though it is definitely something.

This is why his "OMGUS" does not phase me (plus, it's RVS), and I'm leaning towards the early claiming being a somewhat normal IRL mafia play. Or it was just a joke. Either way, not a semi-valid lynch.
I've played many a game of IRL Mafia/Werewolf, and I can say that, at with the people that I play with, that mass claiming does happen often fairly early.

Anyways, I'm out for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.