Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all; I'm back o/

I did skim through the thread so I'm more or less on-track, but ended up ignoring a lot of NP's and Cel's posts, so would like a recap of what each of them think (from them, sure, but would also like to hear it from somebody else).
Lol Jade.

He also lurked a ton EoD yesterday but never posted jsyk.

##VOTE: Quakingpunch73
Nah you were super vocal yesterday and had your vote on jplap at the end of the day. Why no comment on him?

I analysed quaking's posts during the game. Here are the things that caught my attention:

1) Pressure on jplap. quaking spent the first part of the Day in putting pressure on jplap. That makes me think they're not connected. They can be both town or one town and one scum.
##Unvote
##Vote: jplap

I'm agreeing with a lot of the reasoning I'm seeing about jplap, especially the scumslip. Something I haven't seen brought up though is the timing of when jplap revealed the part of his role. It was already after a little bit of pressure from RVS, so I could see it being a move from him to divert suspicion from himself early on, by showing others that he can be trusted. It's kind of a weak point, but I think it's worth being brought up, after a couple of stronger points against jplap (ability usage, potential scumslip), have already been brought up by others.
How is that scummy?
Jplap, please answer the question I asked you to answer. Don't dodge it.
I accidentally entered too early, but Jplap, you still haven't answered my question, yet you still say that you don't have any questions to answer?
That doesn't answer my question. What you're quoting seems more like a backpedal or an excuse than an answer.

2) Proposing a scummy question. I can't come to a scenario where a town person would find that answer useful, but it would be valuable for scum.
I like the roz lynch right now, but I'm waiting until a vote count is posted to place my vote, since I don't want a premature hammer. While we're on the question suggestions, what do you guys think of "Is the night kill able to be blocked without a doctor?" Mariano's question is fine, but I feel like PMJ might veto it, since it would be too powerful, since all town who have QTs could then unconditionally trust eachother. Would this work as a back-up? It could come in handy if there's no nightkill during a night, and potentially provide a way of catching scum if they are blocked.

3) Vote without reasoning. He voted for roz, never provided a reason besides "I kinda agree with roz's lynch" in another post. I mean, every player can agree with some other's arguments, but I think everyone should provide at least one added factor to make the case stronger and expose a clearer vision of why he agrees. Not doing it sounds as a simple bandwagon.
##Unvote
##Vote: roz

4) "Probably"? Look at the bolded part. Scum wouldn't probably know how their nightkill works, they know for sure because it's their best weapon! Saying "probably" to an obvious thing can be seen as a try to mask something that he knows for sure, but wants to show himself as if he doesn't.
I was thinking about it more in a "Is the NK an Active Ability or something else?" If it's an Active Ability, it likely could be prevented by roleblockers or other roles in the set-up, versus if it was something else. Scum would probably already know how their NK works, which could help us out later down the line, if there's a roleblocker or something of the sort in this type of set-up, which there usually is. Though I do how this is a double-edged sword. If jplap's scum, he'll know the answer to this question already, and have a free night to ask a question that benefits scum.

Yeah, quaking is someone to keep an eye on. However, at this point I prefer a jplap lynch at least until he responds what he asked to the host.

For more info on Jplap - his Farewell ability "remained hidden" to me last night.
Doesn't mean anything itself, but not having that info means I can't change my stance.

After he gives us his info, we should move forward from there.

Celever woke up to find his cutie mark had changed into a black shield.

FINE I'll put it in the update, get off my back >O

^ That was also in my night results, but I didn't mention it because I don't know what it means; it's interesting that it's public knowledge ^

Again, anyone with knowledge of the base material? :/

Just did some cheeky googling and it looks like there has never been a black shield cutie mark in the series before.

"Cheerilee, the school teacher, explains to her students that ponies are born without a cutie mark. The cutie marks are obtained when ponies discover a unique characteristic that sets themselves apart from others. Twilight Sparkle demonstrates to Apple Bloom in the same episode that magic can't make a cutie mark appear, and she explains that the mark will only appear in due course."

So it seems like it wasn't actually the cause of an ability that caused the cutie mark to appear because that would conflict the base material. It also makes sense to me that my doubled voteweight and L-1 status are directly linked to the cutie mark, but that's speculative.

Cheerilee is talking about permanent marks there. Those can only be attained naturally and not through magic.

Magic can be used to make cutie marks appear, but they aren't permanent. There's an episode relating to this.

Just did some cheeky googling and it looks like there has never been a black shield cutie mark in the series before
I only know four characters who could have that... Considering it is an "upgrade", the original was probably a shield, and the shieldbearing ponies are:
-> Shining Armor
-> One of the three Cutie Mark Crusaders

I analysed quaking's posts during the game. Here are the things that caught my attention:
1) Pressure on jplap. quaking spent the first part of the Day in putting pressure on jplap. That makes me think they're not connected. They can be both town or one town and one scum.2) Proposing a scummy question. I can't come to a scenario where a town person would find that answer useful, but it would be valuable for scum.

3) Vote without reasoning. He voted for roz, never provided a reason besides "I kinda agree with roz's lynch" in another post. I mean, every player can agree with some other's arguments, but I think everyone should provide at least one added factor to make the case stronger and expose a clearer vision of why he agrees. Not doing it sounds as a simple bandwagon.

4) "Probably"? Look at the bolded part. Scum wouldn't probably know how their nightkill works, they know for sure because it's their best weapon! Saying "probably" to an obvious thing can be seen as a try to mask something that he knows for sure, but wants to show himself as if he doesn't.

Yeah, quaking is someone to keep an eye on. However, at this point I prefer a jplap lynch at least until he responds what he asked to the host.
Nice to hear that something from my D1 post is aligning!
I just shortly ISO-ed Celever and Quaking for their votes and here is what I have.
-> Started with a vote for Mariano for openly stating that he voted randomly. Mariano apologized later on.
-> Then Celever voted jplap because he outed his role and became the topic of the Day. Long debates were present and I am not going to repeat them all.
-> Ended with Roz because he never denied the indie role and even stated that he is anti-town and anti-scum. One of the dozen arguments used was "We definitely know this guy is an indie (because he didn't deny it). Let's just lynch him now and lynch the other suspicious/useless guy later."
Quaking only posted 14 times, so I can actually give more data.

-> Started with a vote on Roz with the weak argument of "He was scum last game, so he must be one this time too!"
-> Tried to pocket me (I think?) by asking how me voting Jade was scummy. jplap retracted his vote, but for some people that answer was not enough.
-> Suddenly does a 90º turn (yes, 90º and not 180º) and went for Roz while giving a town-related question to jplap, knowing that it is double-edged.
-> I don't have any other words to describe Celever other than "town leader", because so far his actions were very cautious for the indie's and the scum's movements. For me, this is a very strong town behavior.
-> Quaking on the other hand is either a scum or a bandwagonner who follows everything Celever does with minimal thinking. (Like, at least he asked why Celever was voting for Mariano.) So if D2 comes, then I want us to focus on jplap and Quaking.

jplap at L-4 while roz at L-1...
Everyone, keep your eyes open and your head cool! Whoever hammers it down must have a really strong and non-plagiarized argument to not be scum at this point.

Thank you! This is much better. (No sarcasm intended.)
...never mind this sentence. Quantity wise, Celever's data has more words than the one from Quaking, so I guess Celever simply has more useful posts/content to be read than Quaking.

Welp. 3AM. Time to sleep.
Personally, I am more interested in Quaking, but... "the wait and hear what jplap has to say" has yet to come.

Ps don't forget that I'm taking liberties with the base material, oddities can happen because I said so.

Howdy all; I'm back o/

I did skim through the thread so I'm more or less on-track, but ended up ignoring a lot of NP's and Cel's posts, so would like a recap of what each of them think (from them, sure, but would also like to hear it from somebody else).

Nah you were super vocal yesterday and had your vote on jplap at the end of the day. Why no comment on him?
It was a wall fight and was basically useless as such things generally are.
No comment on Jplap because sometimes when he's already been asked his night results, you try to say less to see more.
I don't understand that thing about the cutie mark at all. Can someone explain it please?
It's rolespec and probably not worth our time speculating on.

I don't understand that thing about the cutie mark at all. Can someone explain it please?
Nevermind, I realised it probably has to be with the flavour of my role.
Last night I used my ability on Celever to give him the double vote weight and the L-1 thing.
I asked PMJ if the cutie mark is related with me using the ability, I'm waiting for him to respond.

Nevermind, I realised it probably has to be with the flavour of my role.
Last night I used my ability on Celever to give him the double vote weight and the L-1 thing.
I asked PMJ if the cutie mark is related with me using the ability, I'm waiting for him to respond.
Why the heck did you just claim???
Just keep these things to yourself so scum doesn't know who to kill (unless you are scum in which case go ahead).

It was a wall fight and was basically useless as such things generally are.
I wanna hear a summary nonetheless, especially now that you're trying to brush it off.
Just keep these things to yourself so scum doesn't know who to kill (unless you are scum in which case go ahead).
Keeper claimed earlier. You didn't have that reaction to him.

##VOTE: NINJAPENGUIN

Something's off about you this game. I also don't like that you took Mariano's opening vote and ran with it to lead a bandwagon that never should've gotten off the ground in the first place. FoS on scattered as well for picking it up.

I wanna hear a summary nonetheless, especially now that you're trying to brush it off.

Keeper claimed earlier. You didn't have that reaction to him.

##VOTE: NINJAPENGUIN

Something's off about you this game. I also don't like that you took Mariano's opening vote and ran with it to lead a bandwagon that never should've gotten off the ground in the first place. FoS on scattered as well for picking it up.
Sure, Cel and I had a lot of philosophical disagreements (value of tone reads, Jplap's best question, the Mariano lynch) that spiraled into walls back and forth where neither of us felt we were being listened to by the other and got annoyed. Cel also called me scummy for this; I didn't feel the same way.

Keeper's claim was a defense to the accusation of him rolefishing and it was pretty obvious that he had that reason for doing it. Mariano didn't; he could have just said "I think I'm the cause of this cutie mark" and not claimed his ability.

I said it because of two reasons:
1) If I ever fully claim here, you'll see that the flavour of my role talks about cutie marks, and then you could recall my question about not understanding the cutie marks. That's why I wanted to clarify it now. Yeah, I should've paid more attention to the flavour before asking.
2) The double vote weight is a one time use, so don't expect to see it again.

PMJ just told me that Cel's cutie mark transformed in the Black Shield wasn't caused by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back