Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I don't think I changed my vote because of peer pressure? :p I changed it because it's Day 1 and we have room for a risk. Obviously I've always been happy with either option dying, though.
I know, but I had a habit of changing my votes because of peer pressure from the leader role. Emphasis on had.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
You just asked if someone was online on forum to bring argument to jplap lynch.

This is hard angleshooting as well.
Mostly cause being/not being online has nothong to do with current game.

Don't mix me into it.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
If roz had complied to quoting from his role pm we probably wouldn't be in a position where a tie is so possible. At this point roz is just as much a policy lynch as any past indie role. Five minutes left wagons definitely won't change now

No, I'm not angleshooting. You could get modkilled on other sites for it on first ofense. For quoting I mean.

Here you could quote whole mod conversation and it meets with nothing. And I would probably be pardoned easily.

But... Don't force me to do something wich I consider as cheating. Something wich 7 sites I plaied at considered as cheating.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Before this Day ends, I just want to say: I am glad that there is no CFD here in PB.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
If roz had complied to quoting from his role pm we probably wouldn't be in a position where a tie is so possible. At this point roz is just as much a policy lynch as any past indie role. Five minutes left wagons definitely won't change now
Keep in mind Nick for potential Jplap buddy still k thx.
You just asked if someone was online on forum to bring argument to jplap lynch.

This is hard angleshooting as well.
Mostly cause being/not being online has nothong to do with current game.

Don't mix me into it.
Yeah the point is that he's suddenly disappearing into the background when town shouldn't be frozen for literally 2 days.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
I was told after last game that quoting is apparently okay here, but I won't have to do it if I don't want to.

Guess what, I don't want to.

Stop trying to enforce own playstyle on others.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Sorry for the delay. There was a lot to go over.

Everyone except roz_the_eevee confirmed their role PM, so he would be getting subbed out if a far worse fate had not befallen him.

@TOTAL_EPICNESS and @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK both failed to acknowledge the warning post after I gave an absurd amount of reminders for you all to do so. It's obvious that neither of you are paying attention to the thread, so I don't want you in my game anymore. As I warned, you will both be subbed out effective immediately.

UyqWeeG.png

jplap - 4 Mariano (62) Jabberwock (97), Celever (114) scattered mind (137) Mariano (168) quaking (170) Keeper (229) scattered mind (298) NP (355), roz (357), Celever (386) L-4
Mariano - Celever (63) NP (71) jplap (94) roz (111) scattered mind (257)
Zone - Jabberwock (64) jplap (176)
roz - 6 quaking (82) Celever (323) Nick (329), Mariano (340), Zone (342), quaking (354), Keeper (363) scattered mind (376) scattered mind (444) L-2
Keeper - Mariano (87) Nick (88) Drac (110)
Nick - Keeper (89)
Jade - jplap (132) Zone (175)

Not voting: T_E, Jade, jplap, Drac

No one reached 8 votes. Out of 14 players, ten votes were cast at end of day, which is... passable... considering the only abstentions were from inactives. That is not acceptable and I expect to see much better activity out of the lot of you tomorrow. Per the rules, the player with the most votes at deadline is lynched.

O9HLHIQ.png

The results of the first Friendship Activity are in! Congratulations to @Celever and @scattered mind, who have each earned a QuickTopic to be shared with one player of their choosing. Both of you, PM me the name of the person you want to join in your chat and I will send you both the link.

You may now discuss this activity freely in thread or in any QuickTopics you are a part of.

HHkH8WZ.png

I've decided to keep the flavor and the kill information separate, because I'm a good host. Remember that the story is just for entertainment and should not be used to determine the means by which a player died. Lynches are still lynches no matter what the story says. Ditto for the night kill.

Twilight is exhausted. The battling between the two armies was fierce and brutal, and she isn't used to fighting so many hostile ponies at once.

The fighting has stopped... for now. With both sides nearly working themselves to exhaustion, a temporary truce was offered as the sun set. Twilight, feeling her own exhaustion and noticing that even Celestia appeared winded from all the fighting, agreed.

She surveys what's left of Ponyville. Ponies who hadn't been fortunate enough to survive the day's battle are strewn across the city streets. None of the Deadly Alliance had fallen today, but Twilight feels a bit of a guilty pleasure as she sees that there more of Tirek's soldiers fell than did her own. She flaps lazily into the sky, trying to assess the damage to her own forces. Minuette sees her movement and she approaches her princess and friend.

"We got 'em pretty good, huh?" she asks, looking up at Twilight.

"Sure," Twilight responds, not really listening. She's looking for her friends. Applejack and Rainbow Dash are helping load wounded ponies in a cart that is hooked around McIntosh, but Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie are all nowhere to be found. Twilight flies up a little higher and scans the ground as carefully as she can, hoping not to find three brightly colored bodies among the dead.

Pinkie Pie is hunched over a pony, wailing. Upon closer inspection - damn it, it is, it's her sister Maud. The long pole of a spear is sticking obscenely out from her side.

At least Pinkie is okay, Twilight selfishly thinks as she continues scanning the town. She spots Rarity looking around herself for something. Upon finding Twilight, she waves her over, a serious expression on her face.

It isn't until Twilight approaches that she notices something lying on the ground behind her.

Spike. His wings, savagely torn from his body, lie a few feet away from his lifeless body.

"SPIKE!" Twilight yells, immediately lighting her horn and tossing Rarity aside like a rag doll. She falls down next to him, cradling him in her forearms. She sees the spots on his back where his wings used to be have been sealed close with magic.

"It was the best I could do," Rarity says quietly, carefully approaching Twilight. "I could barely hear his cries for help over the battle... he'd already lost a lot of blood by the time I got to him." She sits down next to Twilight as Twilight sobs wildly into Spike's body, coming undone.

"He was just a baby," Twilight cries, shaking her head. "I shouldn't have let him fight. This is no place for a baby. What kind of leader am I if I send a baby into battle for me? Damn it all..."

Rarity hesitantly moves closer to Twilight. "Darling, I... I'm sorry. I know how close you two were."

"No... you don't," Twilight fires back. "You really don't have a clue. I've known him for over two decades, Rarity. He's been there for every major milestone in my life as I was growing up. It is a tremendous understatement to say that he meant everything to me. He proved his worth to me a million times over... even though I treated him poorly more often than I'd like to admit. But he never once held it against me. He was there for me for my highs and and my lows. I trusted him more than anyone, Rarity. Even you and the other girls. So don't sit there and tell me that you know. Because you don't."

"Of course. Forgive me," Rarity apologizes, placing a hoof around Twilight's withers. "It was rude of me to assume."

"No, I'm sorry," Twilight says back. "Pinkie's right - I lash out way too easily. This whole thing with Tirek has got me on edge. I know you were just trying to comfort me, so thanks." She offers Rarity an uneasy smile. "Have you seen Fluttershy? She's the only one that I still haven't accounted for."

"Actually, no," Rarity admits. "You'd think she'd be easy to see with that beautiful, bright coat of hers, but... perhaps it was easier to forget about her in the heat of battle than I thought." She brings a hoof to her mouth, letting out a short, shocked gasp. "I didn't mean to imply that I could ever forget about dear Fluttershy, it's just that you--"

"You can't watch everypony at once," Twilight says somberly, hugging Spike tighter to her. "With enemies all around you, it can be difficult to keep track of everything... Do me a favor, would you? Tell the other girls what happened. Celestia will want to know, too. Tell them I'm okay, I just... I need to be alone with him." She picks up Spike's wings with her magic.

"Of course, Twilight. Are you going back to the castle?"

"Yeah. We'll also need a place to bury the dead, so have them talk to McIntosh about it. He and Applejack can dig up some land somewhere nearby, I'm sure."

Twilight doesn't wait for Rarity to reply. A flash of white later, and Twilight is gone, leaving Rarity to her tasks.

roz_the_eevee was lynched. roz_the_eevee was:

You are Spike, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A baby dragon and Twilight's lifelong assistant, you were sent with her to Ponyville and acted as a liaison between her and Princess Celestia, using your magical fire breath to send and receive letters between the two. Unlike other dragons, you're fun and playful, a byproduct of being raised by ponies, though you still have your manly pride as a dragon. Over the years, you've remained by Twilight's side as her life has slowly become more complex as the Princess of Friendship, and you're no stranger to saving the day yourself - you are hailed as hero in the Crystal Empire. You know Twilight is taking the Cakes' deaths pretty hard, almost as hard as Pinkie, but you will stand by her in this conflict as the one pony - er, dragon - that she knows she can trust completely.

Passive Ability: Talented
You've shown yourself to be quite talented in many different areas, including announcing, playing musical instruments, singing, and cooking. This ability to do just about anything is going to prove quite helpful in this conflict. You will take on all Passive and Active Abilities of the first player aligned with the EDF to die.

Farewell Ability: Number One Assistant
Farewell, Spike. You've served Twilight faithfully until the very end; she will be deathproof for the next phase. (A phase is one day/night cycle.)

Win Condition: All threats eliminated

Night 1 ends Wednesday, August 22, at 4 AM CDT (Timer). Day 2 sunrise will last for 12 hours after that.

All restrictions on night actions, including the Deadly Alliance factional night kill, have been lifted. If you have a night action but do not wish to use it, please submit to me No Action.

@GM DracLord is on V/LA until Wednesday. Welcome back @Jadethepokemontrainer. @Jabberwock is on V/LA until Tuesday.

@Luispipe8 replaces @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK.
@bbninjas replaces @TOTAL_EPICNESS.

Luis and bb only; like this post to confirm your role PMs once you receive them.

Both of you, as well as Jade: Go find the global warning post (it's linked in the OP) and like it to show you have read and understand it. You have until the end of night 1 to do so, or you will die a horrible, screaming death.

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Suppose I should tell everyone else this since I told the scum this in their QT at the beginning.

If there is ever a time you need to ask me something, you're welcome to ask me on Discord @ PMJ#2993 if it's important and you don't want to use your role PM. While I'm at work, it's easier for me to communicate through Discord than the forums.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Just under twelve hours left to get your night actions in. I'm still missing a few.

I've also noticed a recurring theme of several players asking questions that can be answered by simply reading more carefully. More than zero of you tried using an invalid night action on night zero; it's clearly stated in the OP that all valid night zero actions are clearly marked and there are no exceptions. You also could have looked in the sample role PM, where it is labeled (You can use this on night zero.) to clarify that that is an allowed ability on night zero.

I even added in the label (You can use this on yourself.) to show which abilities can be used to self-target. If your ability does not have this label, then you cannot use it on yourself. This is also outlined in the OP. Simple, no?

Anyway if you guys know anyone who wants to sign up as a sub, send 'em my way.

If you have any questions (lol), let me know.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If I didn't respond to your night action usage, let me know.

QHX1tI6.png

Early the next morning. The sun is shining down on the small crowd gathered in a field west of the castle. Twilight and Minuette stand together at the front of the crowd as Twilight addresses them.

"Thank you all for coming," she begins with a somber smile, her heart touched by the turnout. "I'm sure Spike would have been thrilled to see so many friends here to honor his memory." She looks down to the small, makeshift grave, the headstone etched with his likeness. She feels tears coming, but she takes a deep breath and keeps them in check. "He was still a baby in dragon years, but he was far more than that. First and foremost, Spike was my friend. My best friend. There was never a time in his short life that I wasn't sure I could count on him. He stood my by side through countless dangers." She grins widely, feeling some strange comfort wash over her. She closes her eyes, letting it consume her. "I can still feel his presence now. Even in death, Spike finds a way to watch over--"

A pony near the front of the crowd sees the princess's guard down and takes his chance. He pushes his way into the open, armed with a crossbow. He trains it on Twilight's neck. "For Lord Tirek!" he shouts as he quickly takes aim. He wouldn't get a second chance - the shot had to count.

Twilight panics as she sees the sun glint off the sharp point of the assassin's arrow. He's far too close; there was no way the weapon would miss at this range. The shocked gasps of the crowd don't even register to Twilight as her eyes widen at the sudden realization that he's fired his weapon. Minuette may have been standing next to her, but there's no way she could block the arrow in time.

Twilight closes her eyes tight, bracing herself for her imminent demise, but it doesn't come. The arrow hits Twilight's neck, precisely where the assassin aimed, but instead of impaling Twilight in a gory mess, it simply makes a loud clang against a thin purple barrier woven around Twilight. There are green wisps swirling around the point of impact. Twilight gasps, quickly feeling to make sure that the arrow didn't penetrate her skin. She is fine.

The entire crowd, including the assassin, is stunned at the sight. Minuette is the first to come to her senses; quick as a whip, she lights her horn in a golden aura, fashioning a blade from her magic. She slices it through the assassin's neck, cleanly decapitating him as punishment for his crime. In her mind's eye, Twilight sees Spike. He gives her a thumbs up, and this time, she can't stop herself from letting a few tears fall.

That was you, wasn't it? I don't know how you did it, but thank you, Spike. Rest now. I'll take it from here.

"All right, everypony," Twilight says confidently. "To battle. We must never, ever give up hope. I hope to see you all back here tonight."

To precisely no one's surprise, Jadethepokemontrainer suddenly exploded. Black God was not pleased.

Jadethepokemontrainer was modkilled. Jadetheshitter was:

You are Rainbow Dash, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A brash pegasus from Cloudsdale, and Fluttershy's best friend. When you were a filly, you flew so fast that you broke the sound barrier in a phenomenon called a sonic rainboom, which ultimately led to you and all your friends getting their cutie marks. Your lifelong dream has been to join the Wonderbolts, an elite flying team, a dream which you finally realized after years of hard work. You have a highly competitive side, and you and Applejack have competed in various feats of strength and prowess for nothing more than bragging rights. In more serious situations, your desire to win can cause you to question yourself when put in morally compromising situations, but as the embodiment of the Element of Loyalty, you always end up back on the straight and narrow. No matter what riches or prestige would be showered on you, you would never abandon your friends to get it. I mean, Twilight's pretty shook up, you get it, but all those years of loyalty don't mean anything? Really?

Passive Ability: Proud
You exude coolness, but you're a bit too proud for your own good, and you refuse to accept something as lame as protection from other ponies for fear of looking weak. Active Abilities that prevent players from dying will fail when used on you.

Active Ability: Reconnaissance
One of your favorite things to do (besides telling everypony how awesome you are) is pranking ponies. A fair bit of stealth is required to pull some of these off, and you'll be using that to your advantage here. Once a night, you may PM me ##TRACK: Player. You will follow that player around tonight, learning who, if anypony, they visited.

Farewell Ability: Fierce Competitor
Farewell, Rainbow Dash. Nopony (except maybe Applejack) is quite as competitive as you, and your unwillingness to lose is so strong that it gives you limited powers after death. You can participate in any future Friendship Activities. If you win them, you can choose to keep the reward, effectively removing it from the game, or pass it to any player you wish. (You have 12 hours from the activity's conclusion to decide.)

Win Condition: All threats eliminated

Day 2 ends Sunday, August 26, at 4 PM CDT (Timer) or whenever someone is lynched. There are 12 players in the game, so it is 7 to lynch.

Reminders:

- No Lynch is a valid vote (##VOTE: No Lynch)
- If no one reaches majority by deadline, whoever has the most votes is lynched
- If two or more people are tied for most votes, no one is lynched

a0C7R44.png

Parasprites have been spotted on the battlefield! This is a big problem, because if left unchecked, they will duplicate and devour everything! It's up to everypony to do their part and kill them before they get out of control.

A total of 30 parasprites have been spotted. If you kill the last one, then everypony will be grateful! As thanks for stomping out the invasion and saving everypony, you will get to take your pick from one of the following rewards:

- Gain protection of the Royal Guard, becoming deathproof for one phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (To be used tonight.) If you pick this reward, you can ##GUARD another player instead of yourself.
- ##INSPECT a dead player to learn their night action results. (Can be used on a later night)
- ##STOP a player from using Active Abilities for one phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (To be used tonight.)

But don't think you can just focus all your efforts on killing parasprites. This is a war, after all! When it's your turn to attack, I will tell you how many parasprites are still alive. You must kill up to three parasprites. Then I'll inform the next player in line, and so forth until the last parasprite has been killed. The order in which you attack is dependent on the order in which you like this post.

The first eight players to like this post will become parasprite hunters. You are not allowed to discuss this in thread or in any other QuickTopics until the activity concludes. Good luck!

Celever

Wheeeee~
##VOTE: professor_jplap
We'll pick up where we left off.

Also, for transparency's sake, I have a voteweight of 2 today and will be lynched at L-1. Presumably someone used that ability on me.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
The reason I haven’t been able to post much has been that I’ve been busy with being on vacation for the past 5 days or so. I’m constantly moving from place to place, so I don’t have much of an opportunity to post when I’m not in my hotel room. That said, if you guys have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them if you post them below.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
The reason I haven’t been able to post much has been that I’ve been busy with being on vacation for the past 5 days or so. I’m constantly moving from place to place, so I don’t have much of an opportunity to post when I’m not in my hotel room. That said, if you guys have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them if you post them below.
You never posted anything the last IRL day of D1 and not much besides one post in support of the eevee lynch and giving your question theory the day before either. Any thoughts on what went down then?

Status
Not open for further replies.