Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation! - SIGN-UPS OPEN

Oh yeah should totes make me a member too.

doughnut_island_by_nod3rator-d74xb81.png
o6rHGC4.png

If there are any issues with the tiles, tell me now, because I won't be changing them later.

EDIT: Added shells to the doughnut island.

Hello!
User @ Turtwig has already told me that you need a designer. I'm not very good at drawing, (also here's my gallery), but I'll do what I can to help ^ ^ I often use improvisation to draw.

PD: My language is Spanish and use a translator, sorry if my English is bad.

professorlight said:
We won't do any dual past/present pokemon gimmicks besides the legendaries. Your concept and idea call for a steel/dragon, reggie, don't twist it to fit it into the rock/dragon mold (why would you ever choose a rock/dragon pokemon if you can get a steel/dragon with a rock type move?).

If you want to make a similar pokemon to be found in the present and say in the pokedex entries that they might be related (which might be actually interesting), go ahead, but no (bad) clones. And no duplicates by gender unless it fits the concept and has a very good explanation.

Turtwig, I wouldn't worry about an early dragon being OP (you can get tyrunt, gible and axew at 10ish levels in XY, and there will be fairies too, including a starter), I do worry about an early steel/dragon being OP, which is why I suggested making the prevo dragon only and have it evolve at a high level.

Nod3 said:
Sorry to go on a tangent, but professorlight, it's Stegosauruses. Only words with latin roots have plurual form "i" from "us". Since Stegosaurus has a greek root, it's just stegosauruses. Also, even if it was latin, it should only end "i" not "ii". The "ii" in radii is because there is already an i in radius.

Now, that aside, is there a plan to have a back in time dimension (in the same way platinum had a distortion world dimension)? How far back will it go?

Yes, there will be a past world, and it has the same extension as the present world. it does change a little, though.

Sorry. It's just that a lot of people wanted it to be part rock. And Shardagon has always been dragon only.

So is this the close to finalized version?
Shardagon (Sharp+Dragon)
Sharp Dragon Pokemon
[Dragon]
Ability: Tough Claws/Strong Jaw/Intimidate

Level Up Moveset-
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
4- Metal Claw
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Head
44- Dragon Claw
54- Iron Tail
64- Giga Impact

Tutor Moveset
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Draco Meteor

Egg Moves
Spikes
Rapid Spin

Pokedex: This Pokémon often is weak until trained by the leaders of its group. The spikes on its back grow bigger and sharper with each battle.

Drablade (Dragon+Blade)
[Evolves from Shardagon at level 34]
Blade Dragon Pokémon
[Dragon/Steel]
Ability: Tough Claws/Stong Jaw/Iron Barbs

Level Up moveset
1- Shadow Claw
1- Ice Fang
1- Thunder Fang
1- Fire Fang
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
1- Metal Claw
1- Crunch
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Tail
47- Dragon Claw
57- Dragon Dance
67- Outrage
77- Iron Head

Reggie McGigas said:
professorlight said:
We won't do any dual past/present pokemon gimmicks besides the legendaries. Your concept and idea call for a steel/dragon, reggie, don't twist it to fit it into the rock/dragon mold (why would you ever choose a rock/dragon pokemon if you can get a steel/dragon with a rock type move?).

If you want to make a similar pokemon to be found in the present and say in the pokedex entries that they might be related (which might be actually interesting), go ahead, but no (bad) clones. And no duplicates by gender unless it fits the concept and has a very good explanation.

Turtwig, I wouldn't worry about an early dragon being OP (you can get tyrunt, gible and axew at 10ish levels in XY, and there will be fairies too, including a starter), I do worry about an early steel/dragon being OP, which is why I suggested making the prevo dragon only and have it evolve at a high level.

Yes, there will be a past world, and it has the same extension as the present world. it does change a little, though.

Sorry. It's just that a lot of people wanted it to be part rock. And Shardagon has always been dragon only.

Shardagon (Sharp+Dragon)
Sharp Dragon Pokemon
[Dragon]

Level Up Moveset-
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
4- Metal Claw
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Head
44- Dragon Claw
54- Iron Tail
64- Giga Impact

Tutor Moveset
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Draco Meteor

Egg Moves
Spikes
Rapid Spin

Pokedex: This Pokémon often is weak until trained by the leaders of its group. The spikes on its back grow bigger and sharper with each battle.

Drablade (Dragon+Blade)
Blade Dragon Pokémon
[Dragon/Steel]

Level Up moveset
1- Shadow Claw
1- Ice Fang
1- Thunder Fang
1- Fire Fang
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
1- Metal Claw
1- Crunch
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Tail
47- Dragon Claw
57- Dragon Dance
67- Outrage
77- Iron Head

It's looking better, that's for sure. The changes I'd suggest are:
- give them both a few weak moves at level 1 and low levels
- switch imprison for block, as I understand it, imprison is some kind of spell or something of the sort, block is more fitting.
- switch giga impact for thrash, giga impact can't be learnd by unevolved pokemon.
- The abilities in both pokemon are very good, having tough claws and strong jaw give it a good incentive to diversify the movesets.
- remove the tutor moves, those are irrelevant to us now
- change the evolution to Lv40, 34 seems too early for the kind of beast you have there.
- make the evo learn crunch by level up
- remove ice fang, it could be learned as an egg move with poison fang, the other two are fine
- the prevo could use slash
- switch up outrage and iron head
- the level jumps seem a little excessive, even for the kind of thing you are trying to do, but maybe someone more informed can give an opinion on that.

All in all it looks much better, but I hope to see designs soon. And don't stick to the moves to make the design, if you need to tweak the moveset to better the design, do it.

I kinda want to make my Serval some sort of Leek-Wielding Ground/Grass Warrior now :p
accursed Ievan Polkka

professorlight said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Shardagon (Sharp+Dragon)
Sharp Dragon Pokemon
[Dragon]

Level Up Moveset-
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
4- Metal Claw
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Head
44- Dragon Claw
54- Iron Tail
64- Giga Impact

Tutor Moveset
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Draco Meteor

Egg Moves
Spikes
Rapid Spin

Drablade (Dragon+Blade)
Blade Dragon Pokémon
[Dragon/Steel]

Level Up moveset
1- Shadow Claw
1- Ice Fang
1- Thunder Fang
1- Fire Fang
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
1- Metal Claw
1- Crunch
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Tail
47- Dragon Claw
57- Dragon Dance
67- Outrage
77- Iron Head

It's looking better, that's for sure. The changes I'd suggest are:
- give them both a few weak moves at level 1 and low levels
- switch imprison for block, as I understand it, imprison is some kind of spell or something of the sort, block is more fitting.
- switch giga impact for thrash, giga impact can't be learnd by unevolved pokemon.
- The abilities in both pokemon are very good, having tough claws and strong jaw give it a good incentive to diversify the movesets.
- remove the tutor moves, those are irrelevant to us now
- change the evolution to Lv40, 34 seems too early for the kind of beast you have there.
- make the evo learn crunch by level up
- remove ice fang, it could be learned as an egg move with poison fang, the other two are fine
- the prevo could use slash
- switch up outrage and iron head
- the level jumps seem a little excessive, even for the kind of thing you are trying to do, but maybe someone more informed can give an opinion on that.

All in all it looks much better, but I hope to see designs soon. And don't stick to the moves to make the design, if you need to tweak the moveset to better the design, do it.

Similarly to how Honedge and it's family can learn a once legendary exclusive move (Sacred Sword), I really think that Roar of Time might be fitting.

Shardagon (Sharp+Dragon)
Sharp Dragon Pokemon
[Dragon]

Level Up Moveset-
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
1- Bite
4- Metal Claw
14- Block
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Tail
44- Dragon Claw
54- Iron Head
64- Trash

Egg Moves
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Poison Fang
Ice Fang

Drablade (Dragon+Blade)
[Evolves from Shardagon at level 46]
Blade Dragon Pokémon
[Dragon/Steel]

Level Up moveset
1- Shadow Claw
1- Thunder Fang
1- Fire Fang
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
1- Metal Claw
1- Crunch
14- Block
24- Dragon Breath
34- Dragon Claw
46- Iron Tail
58- Dragon Dance
68- Iron Head
78- Outrage
99- Roar Of Time

Also Regi, I would suggest that it evolve way late, like lv60 or later.

Akwila said:
Also Regi, I would suggest that it evolve way late, like lv60 or later.

Well I got suggestions of 44 and 60 or later. That is a huge difference, so I will be sticking at 46.

Get it to evolve at 42, reduce the level difference between moves to 4-5 and take out roar of time (it is different from sacred sword because it's the signature move of a main legendary, while sacred sword is the signature move of a trio, and it fits honedge perfectly). Also, Lv1 bite is too much, change it to Lv8, please.

professorlight said:
Get it to evolve at 42, reduce the level difference between moves to 4-5 and take out roar of time (it is different from sacred sword because it's the signature move of a main legendary, while sacred sword is the signature move of a trio, and it fits honedge perfectly). Also, Lv1 bite is too much, change it to Lv8, please.

Roar of time is not a signature move. Arceus, Dialga, and Darkrai can all learn it, not counting Smeargle. Roar of Time fits Drablade perfectly because it is a time based Dragon.

I can't help but agree with these guys on this.
Roar of time on a "regular" in game 'mon is a bit too much.
If you feel the need, invest in something like Phantom force, a weaker substitute that can be learned by other Pokes. But, that would just be Dragon Pulse essentially.

Personally, I think Dragon is good enough to not need another move.

And it is not a time based dragon. It is a steel armored dragon. that's your concept. Stick to it.

MuhFugginMoose said:
I can't help but agree with these guys on this.
Roar of time on a "regular" in game 'mon is a bit too much.

I agree with this. Honestly, let's just keep those legendary moves to the legendary Pokemon. Maybe if the Pokemon gets drawn, more moves will be inspired. I don't see a picture of it (might be wrong?) so maybe shift your focus to that and leave the rest as a rough draft. Seriously, though--there are several Pokemon that deserve moves, but they don't get them. I think this should be the case here. It would be different if this Pokemon was the legendary of the games, but it's not (and that would be copying Diamond in a way...pseudo-signature move and typing?). None of the other Dragon-types get Roar of Time, and one is also a prehistoric dinosaur. Just my opinion.

Although, as our legend will have multiple forms based on time, we may want to consider giving it Roar of Time and Spacial Rend (and maybe Dark Void, depending on the future we create).

edit: What if our legends are different forms of Dialgia, Palkia, and Arceus? :O
Or counter parts, more like.

I was the one who suggested Roar of Time. I figured that it fit well. Clearly not.

._.

Also, after reading a bit, apparently I am just full of bad advice...

*cries softly*

Akwila said:
I was the one who suggested Roar of Time. I figured that it fit well. Clearly not.

._.

Also, after reading a bit, apparently I am just full of bad advice...

*cries softly*

hush
LCD Butterflies are an amazing idea

Drablade (Dragon+Blade)
[Evolves from Shardagon at level 46]
Blade Dragon Pokémon
[Dragon/Steel]

Level Up moveset
1- Crunch
1- Shadow Claw
1- Thunder Fang
1- Fire Fang
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
1- Metal Claw
1- Bite
7- Block
18- Dragon Breath
26- Dragon Claw
34- Dragon Dance
46- Iron Tail
53- Iron Head
74- Outrage

Event Moves:
Roar of Time

Ok here is yet another compromise.
I swear to god if professerlight yells at me again...

It looks ok to me!

(For what that is worth any more...)

>.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back