Let's Do the 7th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation! - SIGN-UPS OPEN

So I noticed this thread was here and I don't really know what we are doing. But here are some ideas for pokemon and some type chart modifications

Type Chart-
Dragon is weak to steel (the steel sword kills the dragon)
Ice is resistant to water and grass (how did this not happen earlier)

Pokémon-
Shardagon (Sharp+Dragon)
Sharp Dragon Pokemon
[Dragon]
Ability: Tough Claws/Strong Jaw/Iron Barbs

Level Up Moveset-
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
4- Metal Claw
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Head
44- Dragon Claw
54- Iron Tail
64- Giga Impact

Tutor Moveset
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Draco Meteor

Egg Moves
Spikes
Rapid Spin

Pokedex: This Pokémon often is weak until trained by the leaders of its group. The spikes on its back grow bigger and sharper with each battle.

Drablade (Dragon+Blade)
[Evolves from Shardagon at level 34]
Blade Dragon Pokémon
[Dragon/Steel]
Ability: Tough Claws/Stong Jaw/Iron Barbs

Level Up moveset
1- Shadow Claw
1- Ice Fang
1- Thunder Fang
1- Fire Fang
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
4- Metal Claw
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Head
47- Dragon Claw
57- Dragon Dance
67- Outrage
77- Giga Impact

Pokedex: Shortly after it evolves, it will take care of a group of Shardagon. It will train this group until the most experienced Shardagon can evolve and take over.

These Pokémon look somewhat like druddigon, but have steel claws and steel teeth, along with no wings and a bulkier body. They have metal spikes on their back that grow dramatically with evolution. They resemble stegosauruses.

Stats-

80/110/100/40/50/60

Shardagon would be a cool early game dragon to use with an evolution with a decent moveset and ability. This, combined with decent base attack and defense stats will provide for a top tier UU or mid to low OU Pokémon. It has tons of variability, where you can go with a spikes/rapid spin set or just a seek and destroy set taking advantage of tough claws/strong jaw with moves like dragon claw or elemental fangs

Now I wanna finally give some ideas.
Lithobust (Bos taurus/Cattle species name, includes Bulls)(Lithobates catesbeianus/American Bullfrog)(lithos which is Greek for stone)(a stone bust)
Rampaging Pokemon
Rock/Fighting (due to Bull Fighting and "busting" stones like karate chops and the stone slabs)
Water Absorb or Dry Skin (Hidden is Anger Point)
Leveling Rate: Slow
Height: 7'03"/2.2m
Weight: 178.6lbs/81kg
Does not evolve

- Headbutt
- Take Down
- Leer
- Growl
- Tackle
- Thrash
5- Headbutt
10- Rock Smash
15- Bulk Up
25- Low Kick
30- Rock Polish
38- Circle Throw
42- ???
48- Stomp
52- ???
56- ???
60- ???
64- Glare
69- Captivate
80- Superpower

Tutor:
???
Egg:
???

I can't think of much I'm too sleepy lol.

Chocolate Death said:
Lithobust (Bos taurus/Cattle species name, includes Bulls)(Lithobates catesbeianus/American Bullfrog)(lithos which is Greek for stone)(a stone bust)
Rampaging Pokemon
Rock/Fighting (due to Bull Fighting and "busting" stones like karate chops and the stone slabs)
Does not evolve

- Headbutt
- Take Down
- Leer
- Growl
- Tackle
- Thrash
5- Headbutt
10- Rock Smash
15- Bulk Up
25- Low Kick
30- Rock Polish
38- Circle Throw
42- ???
48- Stomp
52- ???
56- ???
60- ???
64- Glare
69- Captivate
80- Superpower

Tutor:
???
Egg:
???

I think this idea needs a few extra coats of polish, if you catch my drift.

I don't understand why a Rock type would have Water Absorb... It doesn't make much sense... Dry Skin could work, though its a stretch. For this, maybe Ground/Fighting makes more sense? I also don't quite understand why it learns captivate??? It doesn't sound like a very 'captivating' Fakemon... It sounds like a rough and tumble bruiser.

Reggie McGigas said:
So I noticed this thread was here and I don't really know what we are doing. But here are some ideas for pokemon and some type chart modifications

Type Chart-
Dragon is weak to steel (the steel sword kills the dragon)
Ice is resistant to water and grass (how did this not happen earlier)

Pokémon-
Shardagon (Sharp+Dragon)
Sharp Dragon Pokemon
[Dragon]
Ability: Tough Claws/Strong Jaw/Iron Barbs

Level Up Moveset-
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
4- Metal Claw
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Head
44- Dragon Claw
54- Iron Tail
64- Giga Impact

Tutor Moveset
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Draco Meteor

Egg Moves
Spikes
Rapid Spin

Pokedex: This Pokémon often is weak until trained by the leaders of its group. The spikes on its back grow bigger and sharper with each battle.

Drablade (Dragon+Blade)
[Evolves from Shardagon at level 34]
Blade Dragon Pokémon
[Dragon/Steel]
Ability: Tough Claws/Stong Jaw/Iron Barbs

Level Up moveset
1- Shadow Claw
1- Ice Fang
1- Thunder Fang
1- Fire Fang
1- Dragon Rage
1- Leer
4- Metal Claw
14- Imprison
24- Dragon Breath
34- Iron Head
47- Dragon Claw
57- Dragon Dance
67- Outrage
77- Giga Impact

Pokedex: Shortly after it evolves, it will take care of a group of Shardagon. It will train this group until the most experienced Shardagon can evolve and take over.

These Pokémon look somewhat like druddigon, but have steel claws and steel teeth, along with no wings and a bulkier body. They have metal spikes on their back that grow dramatically with evolution.

Stats-
HP- 6/10
Attack: 8/10
Defense: 7/10
Sp.Atk: 3/10
Sp.Def: 4/10
Speed: 5/10

Shardagon would be a cool early game dragon to use with an evolution with a decent moveset and ability. This, combined with decent base attack and defense stats will provide for a top tier UU or mid to low OU Pokémon. It has tons of variability, where you can go with a spikes/rapid spin set or just a seek and destroy set taking advantage of tough claws/strong jaw with moves like dragon claw or elemental fangs

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with you on Ice types being resistant to Water and Grass (Flying too for that matter) but most of us want to stay away from changing core game mechanics as they work now. You can certainly create a plausible move that (like Freeze-Dry) is a Steel type move that hits Dragons for SE damage, but for now, we aren't really considering changing type mach-ups.

I do like Shardragon and Drablade too. I think their move sets are a little slow, but then again most dragons are slow to level and develop. I also like that you used Iron Barbs. Interesting. However, to make life easy, can you convert your stats to a numerical value, rather than a ratio? Like this: 60/80/70/30/40/50 for a base stat total of 330 (pretty low). Each Fakemon should have plausible BST, and 330 isn't very plausible for an evolved form.

Akwila said:
Chocolate Death said:
Rampaging Pokemon
Does not evolve

- Headbutt
- Take Down
- Leer
- Growl
- Tackle
- Thrash
5- Headbutt
10- Rock Smash
15- Bulk Up
25- Low Kick
30- Rock Polish
38- Circle Throw
42- ???
48- Stomp
52- ???
56- ???
60- ???
64- Glare
69- Captivate
80- Superpower

Tutor:
???
Egg:
???

I think this idea needs a few extra coats of polish, if you catch my drift.

I don't understand why a Rock type would have Water Absorb... It doesn't make much sense... Dry Skin could work, though its a stretch. For this, maybe Ground/Fighting makes more sense? I also don't quite understand why it learns captivate??? It doesn't sound like a very 'captivating' Fakemon... It sounds like a rough and tumble bruiser.
Yeah, i know it needs some more work done with it but... I couldn't think of much. As for the water obsession... It's because it's a bull-like frog or frog-like bull. And captivate is there for the lolz, I mean Tyrunt and Tyrantrum learn Charm. Then again, it's japanese name is Spoiled Pout, so... I guess Captivate could be there for how Bullfighters are so swooned over by women in, what is it.. Spain? Yeah, I guess that will work since I don't remember why. Also, I'm now thinking Water Absorb should've been the hidden like Goldeen's Lightningrod and Marill's Sap Sipper (which still makes no sense to me since mice dont go around eating sap or nectar, and neither to rabbits).

Point taken. I actually really like the image of a bullfrog matador. :p

Rabbits do eat, almost exclusively, plants. However, Goldeen and Seaking having Lightning Rod makes no sense what so ever. Still, that shouldn't be a justification. I can roll with Dry Skin and Anger Point, but I'm still not sold on Water Absorb. Maybe Sheer Force? Or even Cute Charm?

Another idea I thought of is a ghost-type cat with a long ribbon-like tail and fin ears or something named Specryow (Specter/Spectre+ghost catfish scientific name)

Take it slow. Keep your energy on one project. The bullfrog is decent start. Maybe some of the other users will be willing to help you fine tune them, but try to be open to criticism. Keep your ideas mutable.

To give a better description, Shardagon and Drablade somewhat resemble 2 legged stegosauruses

Drablade's stats

80/110/100/40/50/60

That should be good for a BST of 440, I think. Is that good? I'm aiming for high UU - low OU type pokemon.

Also updated my post.

What about the first evolution stage's base stats?

Hmm... I'm not really sure. I'm not great with stats but here is an idea
50/70/60/20/30/30

lol post 1234

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm not really sure on how to calculate stats. Also to give a better description, Shardagon and Drablade somewhat resemble 2 legged stegosauruses.

Now you're getting somewhere.

Forget the names. Start small. Dinosaurs are dragon type (though you might find an obstacle since so far most dinosaur dragons seem to be carnivorous) and stegosaurses (Stegosaurii?) are covered in plates and spikes. that's good. I would suggest, however, to link those plates and spikes with rock slates and stalagmites rather than steel spikes, making it rock/dragon, a fossil maybe. If you can find another candidate for dragon/steel that is more ferocious go ahead. A triceratops, maybe? it was quite defensive, despite being an herbivore, and its horns could be a deadly weapon. If you don't want to go the dinosaur route, look for dragons that killed other dragons.

And don't even think of tiers here. It is forbidden. Read the thread.

Bastiodon is already a cerasaur ... And I can't really see anything remotely like a dinosaur being anything other than a fossil.

guys
guys
guys
I stared down at my spaghetti plate and had an idea!
for the third legendary....
flying pasta monster!

Akwila said:
Bastiodon is already a cerasaur ... And I can't really see anything remotely like a dinosaur being anything other than a fossil.

Only 5 fossils are dinosaurs, I think. Tropius and meganium are sauropods, garchomp was partly based on velociraptors and flygon in parasaurolophus, krookodile in baryonyx, dialga in a small sauropod too, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some.

Also remember that by the story mechanics, the player will visit the past, so regular, non-fossil, dinosaur (or other prehistoric creatures) inspired pokemon are very justifiable.

Haunted Water said:
guys
guys
guys
flying pasta monster!

Haunted, you're drunk, stop drinking. Or share, I'm good either way.

professorlight said:
Akwila said:

Only 5 fossils are dinosaurs, I think. Tropius and meganium are sauropods, garchomp was partly based on velociraptors and flygon in parasaurolophus, krookodile in baryonyx, dialga in a small sauropod too, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some.

Also remember that by the story mechanics, the player will visit the past, so regular, non-fossil, dinosaur (or other prehistoric creatures) inspired pokemon are very justifiable.

Haunted Water said:
guys
guys
guys
flying pasta monster!

Haunted, you're drunk, stop drinking. Or share, I'm good either way.

I'd say you're missing Aerodactyl, but that was a pterosaur which I'm not sure counts as even a class of dinosaur. Archeops and archen were archeopteryx which is classified as something that's either a feathered dinosaur or an early bird. Bulbasaur was a dycinodont (which technically isn't a dinosaur as much as it is a synapsid). Grotle and Torterra were a type of ankylosaur, and Haxorus was either a Scutosaurus (synapsid) or a ceratopsian.
#dinonerd

Looking at the virus discussion: From my limited knowledge of biology and everything it encompasses (I hate biology and love microbiology, I wish microbiology could be its own thing), viruses mutate, no? Just give it an ability that it has a random type each turn, that is indicated somehow by its coloring. Simple. No need to argue about what type it will be if its every type

Nod3 said:
Looking at the virus discussion: From my limited knowledge of biology and everything it encompasses (I hate biology and love microbiology, I wish microbiology could be its own thing), viruses mutate, no? Just give it an ability that it has a random type each turn, that is indicated somehow by its coloring. Simple. No need to argue about what type it will be if its every type

Or, it can just mutate however it pleases and change its type whenever it feels the need. The entire point in this thing is it's supposed to change the mechanics at will. Not be randomly selected. If it were to be random the thing would be either impossible to take out, or too easy to take out, and it would never be in the "trainers" hands which happens first.
Where as, as soon as you see the four moves "Malgram" has in its arsenal, you know what type it's going to be and it allows you to play around it. If it randomly changed types you could spam CC all day and just "Spray and Pray", and that is not strategic at all.

It's normal type, since there is no "digital" type, the type that makes the most sense is naturally normal. It shows no elemental ties (water, fire, grass, rock, ground, electric, steel, ice), it clearly isn't a dragon, fairy, bug, or bird, it isn't a ghost since that would imply it was "alive" or a spirit at one point, which a computer virus can't be. It doesn't look like a fighting, fairy, or psychic type to me, does it look like one to you guys? The only ones that make a lick of sense would be Dark, and if you're REALLY stretching Poison.

But, it was made using Porygon's data. Porygon was normal last time I checked.

Mutating at will is too overpowered, unless you mean mutating outside of battles.

Also (unrelated, just a general thread related post thingy), behold doughnut island:
goCQTtj.png
All textures by me. You should totally make doughnut island a reachable place. Maybe I'll make it much bigger and there can be a house of doughnuts there.

Nod3 said:
Mutating at will is too overpowered, unless you mean mutating outside of battles.

Also (unrelated, just a general thread related post thingy), behold doughnut island:
goCQTtj.png
All textures by me. You should totally make doughnut island a reachable place. Maybe I'll make it much bigger and there can be a house of doughnuts there.

It's not Overpowered if it can only change into one other type. . .
Changing at complete random would be FAR more "overpowered". If I get lucky and end up resisting every move you go for how is that in any way competitive fair?
Where as, changing it at will with conversion gives it the opportunity to change into one type.
Conversion changes into whatever move is in the first slot this gen. Meaning it can only change types one time. That isn't OP in any way. Just means you're gonna have to find a way to work around it. It doesn't have the best stats anyways.

As I said, as soon as you know the "Malgram's" moveset you know how to take it down.

professorlight said:
Reggie McGigas said:
I'm not really sure on how to calculate stats. Also to give a better description, Shardagon and Drablade somewhat resemble 2 legged stegosauruses.

Now you're getting somewhere.

Forget the names. Start small. Dinosaurs are dragon type (though you might find an obstacle since so far most dinosaur dragons seem to be carnivorous) and stegosaurses (Stegosaurii?) are covered in plates and spikes. that's good. I would suggest, however, to link those plates and spikes with rock slates and stalagmites rather than steel spikes, making it rock/dragon, a fossil maybe. If you can find another candidate for dragon/steel that is more ferocious go ahead. A triceratops, maybe? it was quite defensive, despite being an herbivore, and its horns could be a deadly weapon. If you don't want to go the dinosaur route, look for dragons that killed other dragons.

And don't even think of tiers here. It is forbidden. Read the thread.

While Triceratops is my favorite dinosaur (Velocoraptor is pretty cool too) we already have Shieldon/Bastidon, based on the Torosaurus, a close relative of Triceritops. Shieldon/Bastidon aren't ferocious death monsters, so yeah.

I would prefer to have a Steel/Dragon because we already have a rock dragon in Tyrunt/Tyrantrum, and steel/dragon is a major want from most of the pokemon fanbase. It also shouldn't be a fossil because Shardagon loses its gimmick (a better word please, it's not really a gimmick, more of a selling point) as an early game dragon. This is just my opinion but if Shardagon and Drablade become rock/dragon fossils then they are tyrunt and tyrantrum clones. Plus, even though we have fossils that are rock type the point of this thread is to be creative, no?

Also, while the stegosaurs may be mellow it doesn't have to be in pokemon. Look at Golurk. Deadly living statue in real life, gentle giant in Pokémon. Lapras is the fearsome loch ness monster but it is a mellow, friendly pokemon.

I see nothing in the OP about tiers.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I do not think it is a good change from my opinion.

EDIT: Remembered that Time is the theme. If we could go back in the past we could find this Pokémon. Preferably early, well, because this is what everyone wants: an early game dragon.

EDIT 2: What If this pokemon's gender differences were separated by stats? Like males would have slightly higher attack then defense, and with females vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back