26- Dragon Claw
34- Dragon Dance
46- Iron Tail
53- Iron Head
74- Outrage

Event Moves:
Roar of Time

Ok here is yet another compromise.
I swear to god if professerlight yells at me again...

Looks good to me too. Why the fixation with roar of time?
And I didn't yell at you, reggie, don't worry.

Akwila said:
I was the one who suggested Roar of Time. I figured that it fit well. Clearly not.

._.

Also, after reading a bit, apparently I am just full of bad advice...

*cries softly*

Signature moves are specific to the legendaries for a reason, I can understand the enthusiasm with them, but let's work with what we can, please.

RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation! - SIGN-UPS OPEN

I thought it would be interesting.

I had a thought though; have we gotten a makeup for the Fire or Water starters?

Keeper of Night said:
Loveandra hasn't gotten back to me on the Fire design. :/
I already done research and done with brainstorming.
Wait till weekend for another temporary digital picture for all form, this time. I already did some super rough sketches. But I'm too tired to finish them all.

But general concept:
Ruby on the forehead *crystalize of fire-power*
Body cover with stones/pebbles
Cracking stone effect with melted lava looking effect in the skin, when the fire power activate.
Ruby shield covering body on 2nd layer after rock/stones/pebbles.

The pebbles' effect is hard to draw, but *I hope* will worth it!!!

Are you following the Chinese Zodiac theme?

2060.png

I'm just curious.

Akwila said:
Are you following the Chinese Zodiac theme?

I'm just curious.
[/quote]

We make Elephant, which is not in Chinese's zodiac.
But maybe I was unconsciously inspired by something related to Chinese Zodiac's design, since all I saw in last few days are chinese related decorations.
Also, form Vulcano eruption somewhere in Indonesia, I remember saw the news on TV.

Also, Fennekin is more like Fox, not Dog.

Lovandra, your description sounds good, but I worry that it might be a little overdesigned. I guess we'll see it with the final drawing... keep going, guys, and keeper, where's my super awesome ghost rock? you nailed that one, you lucky bastard! I think with a little tinkering in the moveset we are very close to finishing that baby.

As for the chinese horoscope, I think GF broke the pattern with fennekin, if there ever was a pattern.

Finally, akwila and I have been working on the regional bugs, the designs of the moths are ready, I still have too little for the prevolutions and could use some ideas (or a different designer, even) but the stats of the evolutions are ready. and we wanted input on the moves, since we couldn't decide.

[img width=950 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3wxIhwEocnM/Uu60FShRPBI/AAAAAAAAAGM/okkqDJgH5t4/s640/moths-Layout1.jpg[/img]

The idea was having a couple of moths playing off the different aspects of the night The light moth shines in the darkness, guides lost people in the forests and it's related to the moon (luna moth), while the dark moth uses the darkness to hunt; it's wings are like LCD screens, and it can use them to show the night sky as it flies, that way its prey can't see it coming.

The idea for moves was giving them a few shared moves but then specialize each in light-based moves and dark-based moves, we were also discussing giving the light moth clerical moves along with the offensive moves it would get and the dark moth disruptive status moves as well. we tried to keep them on the leavanny-scolipede style, that of regional bugs that can actually be useful in battle.

Since for some reason the image got too blurry, here are the moves and the stats, in no particular order (we take names and abilities suggestions, too, we were thinking to give them a new ability with good synergy with nightfall):

60/90/30/120/60/80
Quiver dance
U-turn
Fury cutter
Silver wind
Signal beam

Dark pulse
Feint attack
Night daze
Night slash

Moonlight
Nightfall
Confuse ray
Gust
Poisonpowder
Camouflage

Torment
Taunt
Haze
Rage Powder
Night shade
Ominous wind

80/30/90/60/120/60
Quiver dance
Tail glow
Silver wind
Signal beam

Moonblast
Fairy wind
Dazzling gleam

Moonlight
Nightfall
Confuse ray
Gust
Sleep powder
Flash
Aurora beam
Flash cannon

Mist
Follow me
Wish
Eerie impulse

- Bug buzz
- Bug Bite
- Tackle
- String shot
13 Harden
16 Struggle bug
22 Night daze / Dazzling gleam
27 Protect
32 Rest

- Tackle
- String shot
10 Struggle bug
20 Bug bite

Oh, and this is our new weather effect/move: nightfall

Nightfall
Effects:
Dark Type Pokemon take damage reduced by 50%.
Fairy Type moves base power is increased by 50%.
Solar Beam requires two turns of charge.
Synthesis and Morning Sun recover 25% of user's HP.
Moonlight recovers 100% of user's HP. (and recovers 25% on sunny day)
Grass type pokemon get -2 speed. (like the sp def buff to rock types in sandstorm)
The attack Weather Ball's Power doubles and becomes Dark Type.

These are our resources for the moths:
Dark moth
Light moth (luna moth)
Moonflower, food of the luna moth caterpillar, I was thinking to implement it in the middle stage's design, it's just too beautiful (and I don't even like flowers much)

I'll get on the rock once I'm back at home. I put the original together in two hours, surprised it did so well. :p

Hypno, Ariados, Volbeat, Illumse, Hydreigon, Sylveon, and Munna should have a nightfall introducing ability too. More Pokémon, like Darkrai, Zoroark, Mewtwo, and Cofagrigus should be able to introduce it as a move, too,

Dark Moth = Darkmoth Mothudow (Moth + Shadow)
Light Moth = Moglo (Moth + Glow)
Light Cocoon: Shellight (Shell + Light)
Dark Cocoon: Nighshel (Night + Shell)

Not bad considering names like Talonflame, Gogoat, and Mewtwo exist (Well, at least Mewtwo has a good reason for his name, T-Flame and the goat that goes just have crappy names)

Why the fairy boost?

Keeper of Night said:
I'll get on the rock once I'm back at home. I put the original together in two hours, surprised it did so well. :p

It did so well becaus it's simple. Pokemon are simple, TT's entry was simple too, both palutena and I agreed inmediately it was good, the problem was decide whether it was better than yours. Then we found the BST oversight and that closed the deal. Otherwise, coin flip.

Reggie McGigas said:
Hypno, Ariados, Volbeat, Illumse, Hydreigon, Sylveon, and Munna should have a nightfall introducing ability too. More Pokémon, like Darkrai, Zoroark, Mewtwo, and Cofagrigus should be able to introduce it as a move, too,

Not bad considering names like Talonflame, Gogoat, and Mewtwo exist (Well, at least Mewtwo has a good reason for his name, T-Flame and the goat that goes just have crappy names)

Why the fairy boost?

Nightfall would be, of course, available to other pokemon as well, both by level up and by TM.
The names are... good... mothudow sounds too complex, moglo too simple, I was hoping to include the word "luna" there... but I haven't given much thought to the names so far. I had to scrap entirely my previous design halfway and start with these.

The fairy boost is for the moon, based on moonlight and moonblast, the fairy type seems to have some connection with the moon. And to compensate for the lack of a move to boost in this weather.

Reggie McGigas said:

Why the fairy boost?

I really really like Shellight. The others I'm not so crazy about though.

The fairies get boosted since they a lot of their moves deal with the moon, most notably too the fact that Clefairy and Jigglypuff have ties to the moon as a species.

Light Moth:
Luminoth
Aerolux

DarkMoth:
Nyctonoth
Aeronox

Coccoon:
Shellight
Luminox
Nyctonox
Yunida (Okinawan Night+Day)

Worm/Catapillar:
Nocturm
Dianyct

I do like shellight for the cocoon. do you think we can toss in a reference to the moonflower in there too? I was planning on the pupa making its shell with moonflower petals, looking like a full moon.

I thought of nightymoth (night, dark, moth) starkmoth (star, dark, moth) and mothark (moth, dark) and lunight (luna, light, night)

I personally love Lunight. it's appropriately cute.

And luminoth is the name of a race of aliens in metroid prime II: echoes. A race that incidentally, looks like moths and live in a planet that is divided into a light dimension and a darkness dimension.

Woo. Metroid reference in a pokemon game. And our story mechanics will be a reference to ocarina of time.
who is awesome? we are awesome.

Lunight's (I'm calling it lunight for now) colors also happen to be very close to those of the lunar wing (the colors came from the luna moth, but it was a very nice surprise. When you actually think your designs, these surprises can happen):

[img width=300 height=]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/d9/Lunar_Wing_anime.png[/img]

Here is a better image of the moths ,because the previous image is garbage:

[img width=900 height=]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PTmGVc0UuNI/UvHUcLa8qbI/AAAAAAAAAGc/Oobi_CbGfyI/s720/moths-Layout1.png[/img]

And this is my previous design, so you can see why I take seeing pictures of the concepts before starting the moves and names so seriously:

[img width=900 height=]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OyFP1frWUIU/UuxYL4s5NHI/AAAAAAAAAFs/fOaq5Ndeqcs/s576/moths-Layout1.png[/img]

Lunight is pretty decent. Though, I don't really like mothark, starkmoth or nightymoth. They feel a lot like the name Talonflame, which I personally loathe

Nocturmoth (nocturnal + moth), Noirtias (noir + Actias), Saturnoir (Saturniidae + noir)

Umbrafly (umbral + butterfly), Lunaflutt (lunar + flutterby) Stellamoth (stellar + moth)

That's pretty much all I got for now.

Stellamoth... not bad. Not bad... I like it.

Lunight and Stellamoth.

Does stellamoth sound a little feminine to you too? stella is a feminine name here, and I didn't intended the dark moth to be very feminine, contrary to lunight.

For obvious reasons, I'd stay away from any -flutter prefixes.
I think stellamoth's antennas have to go, they're useless.

And yes, let's go for something less dumb than talonflame. In all the pokemon.

Stellamoth is a little feminine, completely the opposite of how I envisioned the pair to be ( light=fem/dark=masc )

Astramoth?
Astromoth?
Aestromoth? (Aero+Ace+Astro+Moth)

Astaroth
Let's all go play some Soul Dew Calinur! What do you say, Akwila? Up for it? Lol, I'm sory. It's just those names sound so much like Astaroth.

Astramoth, same problem... astromoth is the moth buddy of astroboy and aestromoth is a bit too complicated...

Starkmoth is starting to sound better... it's more manly. STARKmoth. TARK. TARK. RRRRKKKK.

But Lunight and Starkmoth? I don't know...

Starkmoth just sounds too.... "eh" to me. Let's see if we can name it something better using other languages too? Or maybe name it after some old folklore or fairy tale?

Re: RE: Let's Do the 7th Generation! - SIGN-UPS OPEN

Chocolate Death said:
Starkmoth just sounds too.... "eh" to me. Let's see if we can name it something better using other languages too? Or maybe name it after some old folklore or fairy tale?

Nyllamoth?

Noiremoth?

Noerasmoth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back