Durant Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobalion would be really slow in this deck unless you ran some kind of acceleration, which would consequently make the deck less consistent. Erego, you'd be better off just leaving him out.

alexmf2 said:
In a Durant deck, any pokemon that isn't Durant or Rotom is bad.

Not true at all it has free attack contributes to milling and is a way better starter then rotom durant needs support and that's why there is more wins with durant with decks that have more support. It's like any other deck you don't just put some zekrom in a deck and call it done it needs other attackers to achieve the same goal.

Mime Jr only mills one meager card. Your better off adding another Energy if that's why you play it.

alexmf2 said:
Mime Jr only mills one meager card. Your better off adding another Energy if that's why you play it.

Well you obviously haven't faced a durant deck that has it because without mime Jr I would've lost to such decks as tyram,donphan dragons,and elezone.

Darkrai909 said:
Well you obviously haven't faced a durant deck that has it because without mime Jr I would've lost to such decks as tyram,donphan dragons,and elezone.

How so? If you had a Mime Jr. active, I would just Catcher around it and you would have wasted a turn of Devouring.

Mime Jr is a really bad addition, hands down. It lost zones one card, is flippy, helps the opponent achieve their goal of koing 6 Pokémon, and is not worth it.

Catcher is one card that couldve been lzd by mime jr and if its his/her last prize mime jr is way better then durant since at least I have the chance of surviving and calling it flippy may be true but so is crushing hammer and without durant can't stall long enough to win it

Darkrai909 said:
Catcher is one card that couldve been lzd by mime jr and if its his/her last prize mime jr is way better then durant since at least I have the chance of surviving and calling it flippy may be true but so is crushing hammer and without durant can't stall long enough to win it
Most decks run 2-3 catcher. The chance of you lzing their last catcher is so low it's not even worth it. Durant can survive a hit from most decks. Mime jr. can't, because a good player will always assume the opponent has a catcher, or a way to get catcher. Crushing hammer is a needed stall device. Mime jr. is a crappy tech that discards 75% less cards. :rolleyes:

pokemonjoe said:
Most decks run 2-3 catcher. The chance of you lzing their last catcher is so low it's not even worth it. Durant can survive a hit from most decks. Mime jr. can't, because a good player will always assume the opponent has a catcher, or a way to get catcher. Crushing hammer is a needed stall device. Mime jr. is a crappy tech that discards 75% less cards. :rolleyes:

Exactly why I stalled with mime and durant in hand until I knew durant could take it cause his reshi could've won it at any moment anyways without mime I would've lost it takes more luck to win with durant then any other deck and that's why there are other tech cards to help it all I'm saying is don't disregard any other card till its been tested extensively.

Darkrai909 said:
Exactly why I stalled with mime and durant in hand until I knew durant could take it cause his reshi could've won it at any moment anyways without mime I would've lost it takes more luck to win with durant then any other deck and that's why there are other tech cards to help it all I'm saying is don't disregard any other card till its been tested extensively.

The thing is, it has been tested extensively. If Reshiram could have won at any moment against durant, why is Mime jr. any different? A good durant player will never miss a 4 card mill and he (or she) will win. Mime jr. just lowers consistency and is asking to have a higher donking chance than durant already has.

pokemonjoe said:

Nu-uh! What if I run Slowking in my Durant too!? That'd make Mime Jr. a lot better! And I'll put in a Lost World just in case I LZ six of their Pokemon because I woke up and went to sleep during their turn six times and every other card was a Pokemon. Yeah, and a BadBoar line to Counter other Durants. Wait, I need something to power BadBoar, so I'll also run AbiliBoar, since ya know, they both evolve from Pignite. But what if I play a Durant and it's prized? Better run two of each. And enough fire energies to power them both. Not to mention that since I'm running fire energies now, I can use Ninetales! And I'll run max Defender, max Eviolite, and max Sp. Metal in the off chance I might survive an extra turn with a Durant. Consistency, what's that???

Nah, I'm just screwin' with ya. Not Durant, Not Rotom, Not good. :p

^You forgot, RDL is great with Abilityboar and Magnezone is great with RDL and Eels are great with Magnezone and Zekrom EX is good with Eels and Zekrom EX can use DCEs and DCEs are good with Cincinno and Cinccinno is great with level ball and level ball is great with Durant and Durant is OK with Weavile and Weavile is great with Beheemen and Beheemen is good with Slowking and Slowking is good with Sharpedo and Sharpedo is good with Flipitini and Flipitini is good with Vanilluxe and Vanilluxe sucks so we scrap the deck.

Wow. But anyway, straight Durant is the way to go (with Rotom). You don't want to get stuck with a Basic with a x2 retreat at the beginning of the game.

4 Durant
1 Rotom
2 Mime Jr.
2-2-2-2 Emboar
2-2 Slowking
2-2 Ninetales
2-2-2 Magnezone
2-2 RDL
2-2 Eelektrik
2 Zekrom EX
2-2 Cincinno
2-2 Weavile
2-2 Beheemen
2-2 Sharpedo
1 Fliptini

4 Rainbow

New BDIF.

Total Spam. Stay on topic ~Glaceon

Pfff, you need to max out every single one of those cards. 60 card limit? What's that?

alexmf2 said:
4 Durant
1 Rotom
2 Mime Jr.
2-2-2-2 Emboar
2-2 Slowking
2-2 Ninetales
2-2-2 Magnezone
2-2 RDL
2-2 Eelektrik
2 Zekrom EX
2-2 Cincinno
2-2 Weavile
2-2 Beheemen
2-2 Sharpedo
1 Fliptini

4 Rainbow

New BDIF.

Deck Strategy: 1. Ask opponent what they run
2. Tell them your running their deck's counter and reveal it before the game
3. Tell them you got a starting hand sent straight from Arceus himself
4. They scoop before the match begins.

alexmf2 said:
4 Durant
1 Rotom
2 Mime Jr.
2-2-2-2 Emboar
2-2 Slowking
2-2 Ninetales
2-2-2 Magnezone
2-2 RDL
2-2 Eelektrik
2 Zekrom EX
2-2 Cincinno
2-2 Weavile
2-2 Beheemen
2-2 Sharpedo
1 Fliptini

4 Rainbow

New BDIF.

This isn't spam!!! This is WINNING, DUH!!!!

Generally 3 Lost Remover and 2 Crushing Hammer. (Why 3 of each? Because I had to post SOMETHING on topic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back