Durant Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should have added Weavile to the Possible Techs section. Esa Juntunen, owner of The Deck Out, has a very fast and consistent Durant list with Weavile. It works excellently to discard cards like PONT that might get in your way of milling.

Added scans of Prism Energy and Level Ball now that the front page has scans of them, as well as removing the spoilers of the translations.

What do you guys think of Reshiram EX in this deck? It requires a bit of Energy, but once set up, it plows right through Durant in the mirror match up. Let me know what you guys think of it.

I can't see a Reshiram EX ever being set up in the mirror. The energy cost is much too costly and it's just catcher bait if you start with it/haven't got it powered up yet.

Would it make sense to use the Victini with Victory Star to help with coin flips for the crushing hammers? It seems like most of the time when I play a durant deck, their flips fail for crushing hammer.

mareepasheep said:
Would it make sense to use the Victini with Victory Star to help with coin flips for the crushing hammers? It seems like most of the time when I play a durant deck, their flips fail for crushing hammer.

Victini only allows you to reflip attacks, so it would be pointless.

What do you guys think about the new Stadium Battle City in here? Could help to speed you up while it would only let your opponent deck out faster if they opted to take it.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/black-white-promos/bw39-battle-city.jpg

I don't think they'd ever dare drawing with Battle City against Durant. Every card counts, and drawing just one card isn't enough to get a helpful card except by pure luck. It would be nice for the Durant player, though, if they're not using Skyarrow.

Oh wow, I just noticed that Ditto isn't on the tech list. While it can be Catcher killed fairly easily, you can divert attacks away from your Durants for a turn, and they still need a Catcher, so I feel it is a pretty good tech, definitely good enough to be mentioned in the tech list.

What Stadium do y'all think is best in Durant? I like Battle City, however; a one card draw can be benefit your opponent, even if it decks them faster, sometimes it is worth drawing out your deck to get the card you need for a KO. Skyarrow is pretty obvious, free retreat for everything in your deck is nice, but it can also help your opponent get Pokémon with higher retreat costs out of their active. The other stadium that I feel could be an interesting tech is Pokémon Center. Your opponent can't use it, you can. I don't really think it is worth the space though, most things that will win against Durant one shot it.

I don't really see it, especially because it only heals from benched Pokémon.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Oh wow, I just noticed that Ditto isn't on the tech list. While it can be Catcher killed fairly easily, you can divert attacks away from your Durants for a turn, and they still need a Catcher, so I feel it is a pretty good tech, definitely good enough to be mentioned in the tech list.

Catchering in Ditto is just a waste of a turn against Durant IMO. I'd rather kill as many durants as I can so they burn through their resources instead of worrying about ditto.

What Stadium do y'all think is best in Durant? I like Battle City, however; a one card draw can be benefit your opponent, even if it decks them faster, sometimes it is worth drawing out your deck to get the card you need for a KO. Skyarrow is pretty obvious, free retreat for everything in your deck is nice, but it can also help your opponent get Pokémon with higher retreat costs out of their active. The other stadium that I feel could be an interesting tech is Pokémon Center. Your opponent can't use it, you can. I don't really think it is worth the space though, most things that will win against Durant one shot it.

A lot of players in my area have been adding Battle City to their builds. Only 1 though.

This is the build I plan on using next month but I don't know how good it is. My testing with it is very limited and I am unfamiliar with the ins-and-outs of Durant in general. What little I've played of Durant though I've really enjoyed which is why I want to build it.

Pokemon (7)
1 Rotom
1 Cobalion (NV)
1 Ditto
4 Durant

T/S/S (44)
1 Super Rod
1 Black Belt
2 PokeGear 3.0
2 Lost Remover
3 Twins
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 N
4 Eviolite
4 Revive
4 Junk Arm
4 Professor Juniper
4 Level ball
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Crushing Hammer

Energy (9)
1 Prism Energy
4 Metal Energy (Special)
4 Metal Energy (Basic)

Mime Jr is an amazing card for this deck with free retreat they won't catcher stall and if a durant goes down and your short energy little mime can stall for the win which happened for me many times.

Darkrai909 said:
Mime Jr is an amazing card for this deck with free retreat they won't catcher stall and if a durant goes down and your short energy little mime can stall for the win which happened for me many times.

In a Durant deck, any pokemon that isn't Durant or Rotom is bad.

Cobalion takes 3 turns to set up. A good player could easily just set up a secondary attacker on the bench in that time. And while you are setting up Cobalion, you can't use your energy attachments on fresh Durant, making it so you lose 1-3 turns of Devouring.

Maybe not in your meta. It takes two turns to set up and kos high energy attackers. If nothing else, it is a threat that must be ko'd meaning on less Durant ko'd, but the main purpose it koing high energy attackers.

Cobalion requires too many energy to setup and can be catchered (wasting 2-3 turns of energy attatchments) or just killed after he goes active, as well as it can slow down the deck. Cobalion seems unneccesary and seems like it would draw your focus away from the deck's strategy. I think it would hurt more than it would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back