Durant Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather run FSL than Rescue Energy. I'd do this because the main trainer lock deck is Chandelure and that places damage avoiding rescue energies effect. I also agree that Alph Lithograph 4 helps this deck a ton.

The thing about Litograph 4 is that it's a trainer. You can't search it. If you want it for those first couple turns of Mischievous Trick, you need to run four, at which point it's not worth your time. Other cards are more important. If you don't hit it for that first 1-2 (or maybe 3) turns of Trick, it offers very little benefit since chances are you'll hit the Durant about as fast without it.

Celebi23 said:
The thing about Litograph 4 is that it's a trainer. You can't search it. If you want it for those first couple turns of Mischievous Trick, you need to run four, at which point it's not worth your time. Other cards are more important. If you don't hit it for that first 1-2 (or maybe 3) turns of Trick, it offers very little benefit since chances are you'll hit the Durant about as fast without it.

One seems to work for me. You play a lot of draw supporters so you can get it fast (especially with twins). It is also great for controlling topdecks and pokegears. But, you never need to run 4. 2 at max because you can usually get it in the first 4 turns

It is just another deck preference, and a pretty popular one too, that's why I feel that it should be included in the tech list. I personally don't like it, but I have seen very good players use it effectively, and early in the game without a problem. I would also like to mention that it isn't exactly pointless late game, or in a game where none of your Durants are prized. Say your last junk arm or something is prized, and you need to get it with a Twins, you can Mischievous Trick it back into your deck by knowing where it is in your prizes than play your Twins. Alph may bring the consistency of a Durant list down, but it also eliminates some of the luck factor. Two is the most you would ever play.

Vulpix Yolk said:
It is just another deck preference, and a pretty popular one too, that's why I feel that it should be included in the tech list. I personally don't like it, but I have seen very good players use it effectively, and early in the game without a problem. I would also like to mention that it isn't exactly pointless late game, or in a game where none of your Durants are prized. Say your last junk arm or something is prized, and you need to get it with a Twins, you can Mischievous Trick it back into your deck by knowing where it is in your prizes than play your Twins. Alph may bring the consistency of a Durant list down, but it also eliminates some of the luck factor. Two is the most you would ever play.

I think that it gives you more consistancy. As you mentioned it lets you get things like junk arm from your prizes. It also lets you decide what gets discarded in the mirror

Added Tyrogue and Alph Lithograph 4 to the techs list. I feel Alph is unnecessary, but it's worth mentioning if you really want to get that 4 Durant T1. Tyrogue is an excellent baby/Zekrom (kind of) killer, and it's free retreat and the fact that it doesn't need any Energy to attack can really help you early game. I wouldn't play it unless you have a lot of players that run Baby Pokemon (I wouldn't run it unless you can get the donk, namely if you start with it), but it's a cool tech nonetheless. sillykyle told me about Tyrogue, and I play tested it. I myself don't like it because of the few Baby Pokemon that are actually run in my area, but other players may have success with it.

How does Tyrogue help against Zekrom? After 2 Bolt Strikes Zekrom will be using Outrage, so generally it will have at least 50 hp or more left. Since Tyrogue doesn't hit for weakness, it fails to KO Zekrom and ends up giving up a prize but no milling the opponent at all.

The Yoshi said:
Added Tyrogue and Alph Lithograph 4 to the techs list. I feel Alph is unnecessary, but it's worth mentioning if you really want to get that 4 Durant T1. Tyrogue is an excellent baby/Zekrom (kind of) killer, and it's free retreat and the fact that it doesn't need any Energy to attack can really help you early game. I wouldn't play it unless you have a lot of players that run Baby Pokemon (I wouldn't run it unless you can get the donk, namely if you start with it), but it's a cool tech nonetheless. sillykyle told me about Tyrogue, and I play tested it. I myself don't like it because of the few Baby Pokemon that are actually run in my area, but other players may have success with it.

Rotom and Rainbow is much better than Tyrogue. I would take it off the list.

Dark Void said:
How does Tyrogue help against Zekrom? After 2 Bolt Strikes Zekrom will be using Outrage, so generally it will have at least 50 hp or more left. Since Tyrogue doesn't hit for weakness, it fails to KO Zekrom and ends up giving up a prize but no milling the opponent at all.
Black Belt.

But in that scenario you might as well run DCE instead. That lets you use Durant's second attack, which does the same amount of damage as Tyrogue, so it increases chances of starting with Durant but kills the same things.

I'd only play Tyrogue in an area where Baby Pokemon is heavily played. Like I mentioned, I don't like it because players in my area don't run many Baby Pokemon, so I choose not to use it.

Dark Void said:
But in that scenario you might as well run DCE instead. That lets you use Durant's second attack, which does the same amount of damage as Tyrogue, so it increases chances of starting with Durant but kills the same things.
Totally agreed, I was just explaining the logic behind it.

Durant wont be as good after Next Destinies comes out. MTC can kill one a Durant a turn, starting from the very first turn, and has Celebi + Switch for Crushing Hammer. Reshiboar and Magneboar also easily take care of it with Emboar. Durant still has it's almost autowin to EelZone, but I just don't think it will be as good. Too many bad matchups.

alexmf2 said:
Durant wont be as good after Next Destinies comes out. MTC can kill one a Durant a turn, starting from the very first turn, and has Celebi + Switch for Crushing Hammer. Reshiboar and Magneboar also easily take care of it with Emboar. Durant still has it's almost autowin to EelZone, but I just don't think it will be as good. Too many bad matchups.

How so? Durant has resistance, Special Metal, and Eviolite meaning it could take 2-3 turns to get a attackeer that can ohko a turn. Also, Lost Remover and Crushing Hammer will mess you up too much.

I have my doubts about MagBoar seeing play.

Glaceon said:
How so? Durant has resistance, Special Metal, and Eviolite meaning it could take 2-3 turns to get a attackeer that can ohko a turn. Also, Lost Remover and Crushing Hammer will mess you up too much.

I have my doubts about MagBoar seeing play.
Regigigas, use the first attack (with Pluspower if needed) until you have enough damage to use the second attack without Pluspower. If Lost Remover is used to get rid of a DCE just attach another DCE, or Switch into Celebi and then retreat if you don't have a DCE.

Magneboar will see at least some play, whether it is good or not.

alexmf2 said:
Regigigas, use the first attack (with Pluspower if needed) until you have enough damage to use the second attack without Pluspower. If Lost Remover is used to get rid of a DCE just attach another DCE, or Switch into Celebi and then retreat if you don't have a DCE.

Magneboar will see at least some play, whether it is good or not.

Most Celebox decks don't use Gigas. You won't always be lucky enough to have 2 DCEs. Though this would work sometimes, it won't always.

You guys underestimate Lost Remover too often. I've even considered bumping up the Lost Remover count to 3 to make sure Mewtwo won't be attacking every turn. Also, don't forget Twins + Revive. That combo is a godsend here.

Edit: BTW I'm giving a smacking to the person who gave this thread a four star rating

I'm thinking Lost Remover will have to be a minimum of three in here with Next Destinies out. I haven't tested it yet, but I would imagine four wouldn't be that bad either, although that's more of a metagame call and how many people are actually playing those Mewtwo decks come tournaments.

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back