Durant Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had an ongoing discussion about Durant, in an other thread that got closed, so I'm going to continue it here:

'Simwar Wrote:
About Sudden Delete:
Like above the idea is good, but I'm quite sure that it wouldn't be worth it because, like you said, it would take a lot of the consistency away from the deck, since you would both have to include PDL, search card for it and WATER ENERGY, which belongs no where in a Durant deck.
If you really wanted to play around with the idea of sending your opponent's main attacker back to his hand, I'd rather use Drifblim, http://pokebeach.com/scans/undaunted/12-drifblim.jpg ,
since it doesn'y requires any specific energy, it takes the same amount of space as PDL and both cards are searchable with Level Ball. If your opponent only has two Pokemon in play and you combine this with a seeker that would give you the win.
However, I'd still prefer more consistency...

iisnumber12 wrote:
I said it would b better and it could be tested. Drifblim shuffles itself in though. I would also give them a larger deck.'

It isn't really gonna matter that it shuffles itself in and that your opponent's deck gets bigger if they don't have any Pokemon in play, because then you would have won.
You said that: 'Smart people only set up one attacker against Durant so they keep cards in their deck, not in play.', so if you were to set up a Drifblim you would win.
Not saying that it is a strategy that would be worth playing. Just saying that it's an better option than PDL.

EonEye99 said:
Wow. But anyway, straight Durant is the way to go (with Rotom). You don't want to get stuck with a Basic with a x2 retreat at the beginning of the game.

I agree sorta, but it never hurts to run 1-2 Cobalion NV to help get around Mewtwo EX though it might actually slow the deck down somewhat. I feel that Skyarrow Bridge is pretty good in Durant...

Card Slinger J said:
I agree sorta, but it never hurts to run 1-2 Cobalion NV to help get around Mewtwo EX though it might actually slow the deck down somewhat. I feel that Skyarrow Bridge is pretty good in Durant...
No, Skyarrow hurts Durant.

pokemonjoe said:
No, Skyarrow hurts Durant.

It can go both ways. if your opponent cannot OHKO your Durants, you can free retreat into a different one. I don't think it is that good, but some people like it in the deck.

iisnumber12 said:
It can go both ways. if your opponent cannot OHKO your Durants, you can free retreat into a different one. I don't think it is that good, but some people like it in the deck.
The thing is, a lot of decks can ohko Durant. Skyarrow is really bad for Durant. Why would you run it? One of the good stalling tactics of Durant is to catcher up a high retreat pokemon and stall. Skyarrow is counter-productive.

I would have to agree that Skyarrow isn't worth the space. Paying one energy isn't that hard, and if a deck can't OHKO your Durants, you shouldn't need the support, because you should win. I would much rather use the open space for more consistency cards, or energy disruption if it isn't already maxed.

skyarrow doesnt belong in durant for the above reasons.

Battle city does. It allows you for a chance of extra draw, especially if you rotom'd a prize card u need to the top of the deck.

Battle city also wont be used too much by your opponent. its a great win win situation card

At states, I played a mirror against a list with Smeargle and 2 Super Rod. I suppose it messes with your consistency, but it‘s very effective vs. other ants.

Also, Durant is made of cake and win.

The following cards are cards used for "disruption" in Durant:

• Pokemon Catcher
  • Lost Remover
  • Crushing Hammer

Check out the optional tech list for more disruption cards like Weavile. Does anyone request specific cards to be added to the optional card list?

How many N do you run? N is a very disruptive card that can really mess with your opponent's resources in a game. If you have all those maxed already with 4 Junk Arm, you shouldn't really need too much more. That's already like the most disruptive you can get lol.

dmaster out.

I won States with Durant yesterday, winning two rounds against Quad Terrakion. The Terrakion matchup seems extremely dependent on Crushing Hammer flips.

This thread is not getting any action. Do you think people will play Heatmor, and will it affect this deck?

iisnumber12 said:
This thread is not getting any action. Do you think people will play Heatmor, and will it affect this deck?

I think for the most part people won't play Heatmor, just because lots of people will probably drop Durant because of the threat of Heatmor and Darkrai. I was also thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to tech in Bouffalant, he can revenge kill Heatmor for any two energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back