(2) ‘Pokemon Smash’ Announcing a New Game, New Movie 15th Poster: Two Kyurem Formes, Meloetta Reveal

puddizzle said:
bottom: A completely new adventure will begin!

Well. That kills R/S remake speculation, however that came up. Huh. Um. A sequel in the vain of GS? N coming back from his journeys with Reshiram/Zekrom, Ghetsis coming out of hiding?

Chariblaze said:
Well. That kills R/S remake speculation, however that came up. Huh. Um. A sequel in the vain of GS?

A sequel to bw like gs was to rb?? thatd be cool.

So, will this take place as a chronological sequel, or a remake with added features, like Platinum or Emerald?

Slowpr0 said:
So, will this take place as a chronological sequel, or a remake with added features, like Platinum or Emerald?

It's seeming to be the former. Otherwise, the adventure wouldn't be completely new.

Oh, I must have missed the part about the adventure being completely new.
Sounds cool, I wasn't going to get Gray if it did come out, but I might have to get this one. New story = (Y)

Chariblaze said:
It's seeming to be the former. Otherwise, the adventure wouldn't be completely new.

To clarify the "completely new" part - the japanese says まったく新しい, as opposed to just 新しい, leading me to believe that there are _significant_ changes as opposed to past sequels/3rd games/remakes, etc. Wether this means a brand new story or just brand new features, we don't know.

Somehow, I have the feeling this is a direct continuation of the events after Black/White.

I wonder when North America's getting it.

Ophie said:
Somehow, I have the feeling this is a direct continuation of the events after Black/White.

I wonder when North America's getting it.

I'm putting my money on Spring 2013, no sooner than Winter 2012

I was really excited, then I saw that they are DS games... Really game freak? REALLY? The 3DS is going to be over a year old by the time these games come out and we STILL don't have a main series Pokemon game for 3DS. Gamefreak was one of THE first devs to get a 3DS devkit and yet we there is still no main series 3DS game in site. The whole sequel thing would have made a lot of sense if they where for 3DS, but them being on DS makes this feel very pointless.

ArchedThunder said:
I was really excited, then I saw that they are DS games... Really game freak? REALLY? The 3DS is going to be over a year old by the time these games come out and we STILL don't have a main series Pokemon game for 3DS. Gamefreak was one of THE first devs to get a 3DS devkit and yet we there is still no main series 3DS game in site. The whole sequel thing would have made a lot of sense if they where for 3DS, but them being on DS makes this feel very pointless.

The games will be for the 3DS as well.... The DS has been really big and would be unfair to many if they were just specifically for the 3DS system. They wouldn't get as much sales and people would be pretty furious about that.

Sorry about the quality, but here is the video I took of the announcement:

http://youtu.be/PIh7fty_v0U

If you think about it, we usually get games 4 or so months after Japan. So... Hopefully a Holiday release!!!!

Johnnieboilulz said:
Holiday 2012 would be a godsend.

But I see it more as a Spring 2013 game.

Black and White had a 6-month localization turnaround, so considering the fact that they probably wouldn't have to change much in terms of Pokemon names, town names, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it down to a 5-month turnaround, leading to a November-December 2012 release.

Back